thrush remedies
needhelp

Mayfield, KY

#1 Mar 5, 2011
I need some remedies or old wives tales for the thrush? If you know any please post them Thanks
Bro

Whitley City, KY

#2 Mar 5, 2011
needhelp wrote:
I need some remedies or old wives tales for the thrush? If you know any please post them Thanks
Gentian violet is what some use but it stains clothing an anything else it touches.
needhelp

Mayfield, KY

#4 Mar 5, 2011
Thanks Bro any one know of any others??
weezy

Sheridan, AR

#5 Mar 6, 2011
an old wives tale said to find the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter. They can blow in the childs mouth. Its supposed to work.

Not my idea of whats right but that is one of the things oldtimers done for Thrash. Thrush is a bird
fyi

Ripley, TN

#6 Mar 6, 2011
any man that has never seen their dad can blow in the babys mouth will heal it just remember not to thank them for doing it if you do it wont work
dwunk suzie

Brownsville, TN

#7 Mar 6, 2011
nobodys blowing anyting up my arse
ABC

Middlesboro, KY

#8 Mar 6, 2011
Yogurt...
uncle woody

Brownsville, TN

#9 Mar 6, 2011
http://www.ehow.com/about-5063095 suppose to be a natural cure for thrush
Bro

Whitley City, KY

#10 Mar 6, 2011
weezy wrote:
an old wives tale said to find the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter. They can blow in the childs mouth. Its supposed to work.

Not my idea of whats right but that is one of the things oldtimers done for Thrash. Thrush is a bird
I have heard the seventh son.
hereyougo

Corbin, KY

#11 Mar 6, 2011
needhelp wrote:
http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/thrush.html
yep

Mayfield, KY

#12 Mar 6, 2011
i have also heard the seventh son, of a seventh son, and we did this when my son was 7 months old and got the thrush(thrash is just a slang by the way)and in 2 days his mouth was cleared up. i have also heard if a man has never met or seen his biological father that they can cure it also, but i don't know if that works or not.....and whos to say that my son was cured from the blowing in the mouth. maybe it had ran its course and it was time for it to go away....who knows....but i do know my son never got it again......
yep

Mayfield, KY

#13 Mar 6, 2011
and also, the gentian violet will leave their mouths stained for a few days!!
maybe

Corbin, KY

#14 Mar 6, 2011
needhelp wrote:
My mother can cure it. She is the seventh child of the seventh child and also her father died when her mother was pregnant with her so she has never seen her father. I thought people were crazy when I first heard of them bringing their kids to her for this, but they swear it works.
Sage

Winchester, KY

#15 Mar 7, 2011
Thrush is a fungal infection and you should use an anti-fungal medication..(Once it is confirmed if you have thrush- It could be something else entirely). You should NOT leave this untreated- a fungal infection can spread to the throat and lungs and become life-threatening.
meeeee

United States

#16 Mar 7, 2011
weezy wrote:
It is Thrush not thrash.
One thing

Trenton, IL

#17 Mar 7, 2011
Is this for a baby or adult?
I do know....You should not give yogert to a baby.
and it is not fun to have.
Honest

Madisonville, KY

#18 Mar 7, 2011
I've heard of all of these remedies when I was a child. Someone that's never seen their father and the seventh son of the seventh son. I was always told that it was caused by filth and so, of course, my first baby ended up with it...LOL I was embarassed when I took her to the doctor and he gave her the medicine that stains the mouth purple and it cured it in no time. The fact is that it is a fungal thing and is caused by milk laying in the babies mouth when they fall asleep. He told me to try to get her to drink a little water to clear the mouth and wash and disinfect all of her nipples and toys that would be near her mouth. It was called "thrash" by old people.
One thing

Trenton, IL

#19 Mar 7, 2011
Adults can get it from surgey and antibiotics. replace your tooth brush often to keep from getting reinfected.
ABC

Middlesboro, KY

#20 Mar 14, 2011
One thing wrote:
Is this for a baby or adult?
I do know....You should not give yogert to a baby.
and it is not fun to have.
First of all, it's spelled yogurt. Second, they make yogurt for babies & sell it at Wal-Mart...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for one night stand Corbin ky 1 hr so im i 4
Why no Tony P on radio after Whitley loss? 2 hr Info 8
Ya know what Corbin needs 9 hr White Nissan 16
Alexandria Selina Marie Brooklyn Riley 11 hr _andomq143 1
Where is Nick brown that use to go to the Moose... 11 hr Just searching 1
Does size matter? Which matters more? Length? G... (Nov '08) 12 hr good night 42
Ridiculous\\\Selina and Keara 12 hr _andomq143 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages