Getting rid of Eastern Cable service

Posted in the Corbin Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fed up

Georgetown, KY

#1 Dec 13, 2008
I currently have Eastern Cable and I am fed up with the service. I have not had internet service since Wednesday and I cannot get anyone to come out and fix it. I have called and emailed the office, but I keep getting told they will call back with a time for the repair man to meet me.

Does anyone have any suggestions on who else to get? I cannot go without service my business depends on it.
g man

Murray, KY

#2 Dec 13, 2008
newwave is mediocre at best but its still the top as far as isp's
Newwave

Somerset, KY

#3 Dec 14, 2008
I would switch to Newwave if I were you. The internet service is tops and the cable is pretty good.
Curious

United States

#4 Dec 14, 2008
Just wondering who you would e-mail them if your internet has been down since Wednesday? Newwave's Customer Service isn't much better btw.
well

Corbin, KY

#5 Dec 15, 2008
Fed up wrote:
I currently have Eastern Cable and I am fed up with the service. I have not had internet service since Wednesday and I cannot get anyone to come out and fix it. I have called and emailed the office, but I keep getting told they will call back with a time for the repair man to meet me.
Does anyone have any suggestions on who else to get? I cannot go without service my business depends on it.
if your internet was down like you say???? how did you e-mail them??
Duh

Corbin, KY

#6 Dec 15, 2008
DUH...It could be that he did so from his cell phone, the library or someone else computer. Why would ya focus on how he contacted them rather than the issue at hand. Geez
Curious

Clarksville, TN

#7 Dec 15, 2008
Let's see probably for the same reason you assumed that this person was a he. Maybe it is a Lady and not a Man. Howerver, the issue at hand is it really doesn't matter if you have Eastern Cable, Newwave, AT& T or any other internet provider they all have poor customer service. At least Eatern's customer service agents speak English.
Fed up

Corbin, KY

#8 Dec 15, 2008
Duh wrote:
DUH...It could be that he did so from his cell phone, the library or someone else computer. Why would ya focus on how he contacted them rather than the issue at hand. Geez
You are exactly correct! From HER cell phone.
Duh

Corbin, KY

#9 Dec 15, 2008
I use "he" as a default, when I do not know if the person is male or female. I find that females are less offended when they see the HE, than men are when they see the SHE. I forgot this is Corbin and that I should always use "he/she" so no one is offended.
If I were HER I would ask to have Internet Techs return your call. If that doesn't work..Go to Copes Country Store (find addy in phone book) I see Eastern Cable Trucks there everyday at lunch time. Both repairMEN can be found there most week days.
Knows

Ripley, TN

#10 Dec 16, 2008
Duh wrote:
I use "he" as a default, when I do not know if the person is male or female. I find that females are less offended when they see the HE, than men are when they see the SHE. I forgot this is Corbin and that I should always use "he/she" so no one is offended.
If I were HER I would ask to have Internet Techs return your call. If that doesn't work..Go to Copes Country Store (find addy in phone book) I see Eastern Cable Trucks there everyday at lunch time. Both repairMEN can be found there most week days.
Eastern Cable has great techs. They get right on any service they get, unlike Newwave, because I have Newwave now instead of Eastern. If I could, I would go back to Eastern, but stupid me moved out of their system. Dish takes days to service you, Newwave maybe a day or two, Eastern gets you that day if you talk to the them directly or leave a message. So this woman didn't actually talk to anyone there, she just like to bitch!

“A Sinister Moose”

Since: Nov 08

Corbin, KY

#11 Dec 16, 2008
I don't think someone that has Eastern Cable can switch to Newwave for Internet Service, or Cable T.V.

I'm pretty sure Eastern Cable owns the lines. If you use those lines, you have to use Eastern Cable.

Now, if you were to switch to DSL and get high speed internet over the phone line, that would be AT&T or Winstream depending on where you live. The problem with DSL is that it doesn't cover all areas, and I'm willing to bet that if you have Eastern Cable, you can't get DSL over the phone lines.

You're still not completely out of options, because you can get high speed internet over a satellite dish. http://www.wildblue.com/ is one place, and I think Dish Network has one too.

Satellite high Speed is expensive, and you have to put up with it going out when it rains.
Fed up

Anderson, SC

#12 Dec 16, 2008
Knows wrote:
<quoted text>Eastern Cable has great techs. They get right on any service they get, unlike Newwave, because I have Newwave now instead of Eastern. If I could, I would go back to Eastern, but stupid me moved out of their system. Dish takes days to service you, Newwave maybe a day or two, Eastern gets you that day if you talk to the them directly or leave a message. So this woman didn't actually talk to anyone there, she just like to bitch!
I spoke to someone directly 4 times. Every time was the same thing "we'll call you back when someone can come to your house". Guess what.. No call.
Fed up

Anderson, SC

#13 Dec 16, 2008
SinisterMoose wrote:
I don't think someone that has Eastern Cable can switch to Newwave for Internet Service, or Cable T.V.
I'm pretty sure Eastern Cable owns the lines. If you use those lines, you have to use Eastern Cable.
Now, if you were to switch to DSL and get high speed internet over the phone line, that would be AT&T or Winstream depending on where you live. The problem with DSL is that it doesn't cover all areas, and I'm willing to bet that if you have Eastern Cable, you can't get DSL over the phone lines.
You're still not completely out of options, because you can get high speed internet over a satellite dish. http://www.wildblue.com/ is one place, and I think Dish Network has one too.
Satellite high Speed is expensive, and you have to put up with it going out when it rains.
Thanks for your advice. That was what I was looking for when I started this thread. Not for people to bash me because Eastern Cable has shitty service.
well

Corbin, KY

#14 Dec 16, 2008
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
I spoke to someone directly 4 times. Every time was the same thing "we'll call you back when someone can come to your house". Guess what.. No call.
I have eastern cable and everytime my internet goes out they are always at my house that same day. I have left a message on the answering systems and even got a call back on the weekend. If you are having so many problems tell me your name and I will have them come service you. I think you just want to complain for some reason, are you depressed??? Is it your weight your love life or what??? Get a life and stop bashing people on this web site and maybe ypu won't be so DEPRESSED!!!!!
Good Luck

Mayfield, KY

#15 Dec 16, 2008
You are exactly right. If you get Eastern`s Cable you cannot get the Wave. Motorola is launching internet service very soon and I hope it compete`s with all of these horrible cable companies.Motorola just bought out some huge company and are supposed to launch their own internet service.DSL is only offered in THE RICHER AREAS and the Wave`s internet is the only thing that they have going for them because all their other services are well most people can answer that and Eastern will never offer anything. They should have sold when Charter tried to buy them!!!
KG4KBU

United States

#16 Dec 16, 2008
well for all u people who are wanting fast internet check out www.millenicom.com
very good company and fast internet.
now for some of u out in the boonies like I am might want to get a outdoor antenna I would suggest getting a grid antenna either for 800 mhz or 1900 mhz now I use the 1900 mhz link now I got my 1900 mhz grid antenna around 54.00 from hyperlinktech.com and if u all need more info or anything I will be willing to chat with u more about the service.
This is wireless service via sprint and verizon
KG4KBU

United States

#17 Dec 17, 2008
Mobile Wireless Broadband Internet Service
Wireless high-speed internet access
Works over cell towers from coast to coast
Speeds up to 3.1M/1.8M
Transferable from computer to computer
Snap-in USB device works with PC, MAC or Linux
Competitive rates
NO CAP but excessive use as in internet downloading HOGS are subject to disconnect of service
Also you can bring your own pc data card to this service IF you dont want to get one from this company
No contract
No taxes
Works with laptop or desktop
KG4KBU

United States

#18 Dec 17, 2008
also 2geton.net offers wireless broadband for a cheaper price check them out and their also a local company

“A Sinister Moose”

Since: Nov 08

Corbin, KY

#19 Dec 17, 2008
KG4KBU wrote:
also 2geton.net offers wireless broadband for a cheaper price check them out and their also a local company
Thanks for the information about the wireless via cellular.

You do realize that 2geton.net , Innovative Communications, and Eastern Cable are all owned by the same folks. Sort of like one big happy family.
KG4KBU

United States

#20 Dec 20, 2008
nope I didnt sorry for that but check out that wireless I love mine and it works like a charm :) knock on wood
i get about 1.5 down and 256-400 up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min Cczar 174,779
Firetruck's on 25 today 40 min Justinb 1
What is being built on Main St. across from Mik... 1 hr Appreciative Parent 4
Tim Short Automotive Corbin 2 hr velar 12
Mike Smith or Derek Eubanks?? Who is your choic... 5 hr 1965rrc 23
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 10 hr walk with God 1,892
Lets Play Word Association! (Oct '08) 14 hr winner 1,061

Corbin Jobs

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages