Two-year-old found wandering alone ne...

Two-year-old found wandering alone near Corbin High School

There are 36 comments on the The News Journal story from Nov 29, 2012, titled Two-year-old found wandering alone near Corbin High School. In it, The News Journal reports that:

Corbin Police were called to Corbin High School after a two-year-old girl was found wandering inside the tennis court area alone and shoeless Wednesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

United States

#2 Nov 29, 2012
Wtf are they thinking returning the child there!!!
Joesph

Whitley City, KY

#3 Nov 29, 2012
There is no stupidity and a lot of kids get out and there is no stupidity here i know the people and the take great care of there foster kids
amazing

Orange City, FL

#4 Nov 29, 2012
So quick to judge without even knowing the full details.
bahaha

United States

#5 Nov 29, 2012
To Joseph and amazing......you are the idiots here. The tennis courts, which is where the baby was found....barefoot in 20 degree weather I might add, is not in immediate sight of a front yard. You can call that taking good care of kids and you can say oh you don't know the details and that just proves your ignorance.
Sickof peopl

Somerset, KY

#6 Nov 29, 2012
Joesph I know these people well too. I know what great parents they are. I know how many times they have opened their doors and taken amazing care of kids! Unfortunately, you can't fight with stupidity. Some people in this town are hell bent on being right whether it be them knowing the truth or believing all the stupidity that the paper writes. Not to mention twisting the facts up and spitting them out to be something they want them to be to suit their sick need to cause drama! Evidentaly bahaha has no children or they are perfect angels who never did anything to make their parents look like fools. Not to mention, they have never been around children who came from an unfit home.
well

Bardstown, KY

#7 Nov 29, 2012
How could anyone say they are great foster parents. They are responsible for caring for these children. Kids DO NOT get found wandering barefoot down a street all the time. They should have all children removed from their home. If they were the natural parents they wouldn't have gotten the child back.

The kid was in police custody for over an hour and nobody noticed. The child was obviously placed in an unfit home.

“Your opinion of me don't count”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#8 Nov 29, 2012
I did my own investigator and saw the tennis courts are mere feet from the home's back door! Why did the dental assistant not knock on doors herself to locate it's home?Who just takes a kid away in a car when commen sense would kick in and think hey let me check the closest homes to see if it belongs to any! Really, who hasn't had their kid pull a fast one and try to venture out a door when you head was turned? Or hide in clothing racks while shopping your heart races and the worst is in your mind until you hear a giggle or spot familiar feet! Not enough posts from "different " areas for me to think the parents are bad and all the posts praising them no one is replying to with negative comments! My opinion is until we know how long the child lived there, it is a foster kid and only 2, and honestly why a stranger decided to pack it up and drive across town we can't be sure that it wasn't the dental assistant that actually saw the kid through the door and decided to take it now can we? I am bothered by the fact dental assistant didn't make a more sensible decision!
What

Whitley City, KY

#9 Nov 29, 2012
youknowmetoo wrote:
I did my own investigator and saw the tennis courts are mere feet from the home's back door! Why did the dental assistant not knock on doors herself to locate it's home?Who just takes a kid away in a car when commen sense would kick in and think hey let me check the closest homes to see if it belongs to any! Really, who hasn't had their kid pull a fast one and try to venture out a door when you head was turned? Or hide in clothing racks while shopping your heart races and the worst is in your mind until you hear a giggle or spot familiar feet! Not enough posts from "different " areas for me to think the parents are bad and all the posts praising them no one is replying to with negative comments! My opinion is until we know how long the child lived there, it is a foster kid and only 2, and honestly why a stranger decided to pack it up and drive across town we can't be sure that it wasn't the dental assistant that actually saw the kid through the door and decided to take it now can we? I am bothered by the fact dental assistant didn't make a more sensible decision!
Wander if it was a child molester that picked the child up? Would that change our opinion of how innocent this was.

“Your opinion of me don't count”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10 Nov 30, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Wander if it was a child molester that picked the child up? Would that change our opinion of how innocent this was.
That is why I question the intentions of the person that drove away with the child before calling the police or knocking on doors!
wow

Fulton, KY

#11 Nov 30, 2012
youknowmetoo wrote:
I did my own investigator and saw the tennis courts are mere feet from the home's back door! Why did the dental assistant not knock on doors herself to locate it's home?Who just takes a kid away in a car when commen sense would kick in and think hey let me check the closest homes to see if it belongs to any! Really, who hasn't had their kid pull a fast one and try to venture out a door when you head was turned? Or hide in clothing racks while shopping your heart races and the worst is in your mind until you hear a giggle or spot familiar feet! Not enough posts from "different " areas for me to think the parents are bad and all the posts praising them no one is replying to with negative comments! My opinion is until we know how long the child lived there, it is a foster kid and only 2, and honestly why a stranger decided to pack it up and drive across town we can't be sure that it wasn't the dental assistant that actually saw the kid through the door and decided to take it now can we? I am bothered by the fact dental assistant didn't make a more sensible decision!
Yeah, all 2 year old babies know how to escape out a door. Why aren't deadbolts on those doors if this child is a wanderer?!
Concerned

Richmond, KY

#12 Nov 30, 2012
CPS in this area does nothing! Whitley County is the worst! You can provide them with proof that children are neglected and they make excuses for the deadbeat parents! They argue with the people who report problems and interrogate them when they should be interrogating the parents!

As far as the above story goes, the dental assistant did the right thing by picking up the child and getting her to safety. She didn't know where the child came from. The dental assistant didn't know so getting the police involved was the right thing to do.
Citizen

Lowes, KY

#13 Nov 30, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, all 2 year old babies know how to escape out a door. Why aren't deadbolts on those doors if this child is a wanderer?!
maybe they just got the child and didn't know it was a wanderer. Or, maybe they had never had any reason to think the child would go out alone. Simple fact is, we don't know all the details. And, kids move fast, it could have just gotten out the door moments before it was found.
When My child was less that 2 she went out the back door while I was putting away laundry. It was literally seconds from when she was beside me to when she was about to step off the curb into the street outside. She had never went out alone before. And I take very good care of my kids. Anything can happen at a moments notice. None of us are immune to something like this happening. Obviously there must have been a good explanation to it all or the child would not have been given back into their custody.
Citizen

Lowes, KY

#14 Nov 30, 2012
Concerned wrote:
CPS in this area does nothing! Whitley County is the worst! You can provide them with proof that children are neglected and they make excuses for the deadbeat parents! They argue with the people who report problems and interrogate them when they should be interrogating the parents!
As far as the above story goes, the dental assistant did the right thing by picking up the child and getting her to safety. She didn't know where the child came from. The dental assistant didn't know so getting the police involved was the right thing to do.
I think it would have been more appropriate to place the child in her warm car, and call the police while she remained in the location she was so they could come there and investigate.
Really

Tucker, GA

#15 Nov 30, 2012
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>maybe they just got the child and didn't know it was a wanderer. Or, maybe they had never had any reason to think the child would go out alone. Simple fact is, we don't know all the details. And, kids move fast, it could have just gotten out the door moments before it was found.
When My child was less that 2 she went out the back door while I was putting away laundry. It was literally seconds from when she was beside me to when she was about to step off the curb into the street outside. She had never went out alone before. And I take very good care of my kids. Anything can happen at a moments notice. None of us are immune to something like this happening. Obviously there must have been a good explanation to it all or the child would not have been given back into their custody.
If an hour went by and no one had still called police or anything, they didn't know the child was out and was probably still asleep. A hour doesn't go by and you not know where your 2 year old child is! EVERRRRR!
Whatever

Murray, KY

#16 Nov 30, 2012
So the woman stuposedly picked the kid up at 730'why didn't the police show up till 830?? The tennis courts were practically the backyard and some picked up the child without contacting anyone?...and it's a pretty big house how long would you look for a child before calling 911 honestly.... So given that the 730 time frame doesn't sound right and was probably closer to 8 and that the family would have spent 15 to 20 mins to look for the child but couldn't find the child cuz it was practically "snatched" from the backyard sounds to me like they did everything they could...and it's such a joke Corbin police combed the area to find them? the foster parents called 911 at 8:32 and I don't remember it being 20 degrees this has been blown so out of proportion it makes me sick
curious

Chicago, IL

#17 Nov 30, 2012
Everyone on here has their own opinion, the article doesnt say what time the assistant picked the little girl up and doesnt mention the so called foster parents called 911, also it says 33degrees not 20....And to the person that said what if it was a molester that had picked her up, your right, it could have been ALOT worse but at least the person that picked her up put fresh clothes on her and gave her a hot meal SHE took care of that baby!!
Really

Tucker, GA

#18 Nov 30, 2012
Are u kidding
Jason

Tucker, GA

#19 Nov 30, 2012
Can't believe it
hmm

Sikeston, MO

#20 Nov 30, 2012
If this is the house by the tennis courts at Corbin High School, I've witnessed kids from that house back in the summer playing in the middle of the track after dark unsupervised. Small kids that shouldn't be out of the house alone. Me and my wife were the only ones at the track and nobody else was around. We were wondering where these little kids came from and watched them leave after we were there for 20 minutes and return to that house on the corner where you always see a bunch of kids hanging out.

But there wasn't anyone outside and it was after dark and they were just out roaming around by themselves. I would take them from these people if they are foster parents they obviously don't watch them and just do it for a check.
hmmmm

Stearns, KY

#21 Nov 30, 2012
I am who found the little girl. First off, the story was not accurate in the paper. I found the little girl on the edge of the road on the inside part of the fence. NOT inside the tennis courts. I DID walk up and down the street to see if anyone was looking for her. I was not in the parking lot. She was very cold and I put her in my daughters car seat, covered her in a blanket and took her to my work which is 2 minutes away (NOT ACROSS TOWN)and called 911. First off, I do not pass judgement on the foster parents. It could happen to anyone. Put yourself in my shoes....finding a child wandering alone in the cold barefoot and no coat. In this area with meth labs and drug abuse, were most foster children come from in the first place, I had no idea what environment she may have wandered from. Yes I could knock on doors...and what if some predator said she was theirs? I did what I thought was best and pray for the family and what they are going through. That is why I did not want to appear on the news or give any comments. It is a very unfortunate circumstance for all involved. My concern was for the safety of the child and nothing else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min ChromiuMan 149,007
American Patriots closing 49 min Copsarecrooks 6
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 2 hr Walk with God 1,254
In search of place to rent 2 hr Info 2
dollar genral does not prosecute shoplifters an... (Jul '12) 3 hr shark 53
Peachy Melton 7 hr Rat 11
Corbin Speedway 11 hr watchman on the wall 17

Corbin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages