dont buy dogs from the corbin flea ma...

dont buy dogs from the corbin flea market

Posted in the Corbin Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
sadPuppy

United States

#1 Dec 9, 2009
I bought a pretty little puppy Saturday and she was ate up with worms...but we didnt know that until we got home and she puked and pooped worms. On our way to the vet Tuesday morning she died in the parking lot. They dont care about those dogs....all they care about is the money. How cruel can they be to take someones money knowing that dog was sick.
my 2 cents

Somerset, KY

#2 Dec 9, 2009
i completely agree... i have to talk myself away from those poor puppies every time i go to the flea market, i just want to buy them so that they have somebody to love them!... but what's really sad is that even if you had just gotten that puppy and it died you get attached to it like instantly and it breaks ur heart.... so sorry about your puppy!
flea mkt pets

Winchester, KY

#3 Dec 9, 2009
The sellers aren't responsible for the health of the puppies up there. The breeders are. When you take your pets in there they sell them for you for a fee. They ask if they have had shots and been wormed. I had some sold by them when I bred dogs a few years ago. I always wormed mine & gave them there shots before they went up to be sold. Again the sellers have no idea if they have been wormed or given shots. They have the breeders info if you need it. If you didn't get a health guarantee its actually pointless to contact them. Most breeders give you a 48 to 72 hour health guarantee. If the puppies don't sell that day you go back & pick them up right before the flea market closes & take them back the next day they are open. I'm sorry that you lost your new puppy.
bought 2

Lynch, KY

#4 Dec 9, 2009
These people are horrible people. They do NOT care about these animals that's the truth! I bought 2 dogs the same day and they both died, they were taken to the vet and were unable to save them they died of Cocidia. Yes it is passed thru to the puppies by the mothers, however these people know that and continue to deal with the same breeders. My advice to you that just lost the puppy first get your monney back second get their names and the names of the breeders and report them to CKC. They will handle them if enough people stand up for these animals!!!
Just Me

Cynthiana, KY

#5 Dec 9, 2009
report them to AC
Play Ball

Pikeville, KY

#6 Dec 9, 2009
we bought a puppy (5.00) there and 2 weeks later, along with a 800.00 vet bill (blood transfusions etc) our dog was fine. She s now 5.5 years old and very healthy
you start

Brownsville, TN

#7 Dec 9, 2009
flea mkt pets wrote:
The sellers aren't responsible for the health of the puppies up there. The breeders are. When you take your pets in there they sell them for you for a fee. They ask if they have had shots and been wormed. I had some sold by them when I bred dogs a few years ago. I always wormed mine & gave them there shots before they went up to be sold. Again the sellers have no idea if they have been wormed or given shots. They have the breeders info if you need it. If you didn't get a health guarantee its actually pointless to contact them. Most breeders give you a 48 to 72 hour health guarantee. If the puppies don't sell that day you go back & pick them up right before the flea market closes & take them back the next day they are open. I'm sorry that you lost your new puppy.
these people that sell these puppies,are also the breeders,they come all the way from Georgia.I knew a girl that bought 2 puppies and they both died from PARVO..I say report all of them!!!!
sadPuppy

United States

#8 Dec 9, 2009
bought 2 wrote:
These people are horrible people. They do NOT care about these animals that's the truth! I bought 2 dogs the same day and they both died, they were taken to the vet and were unable to save them they died of Cocidia. Yes it is passed thru to the puppies by the mothers, however these people know that and continue to deal with the same breeders. My advice to you that just lost the puppy first get your monney back second get their names and the names of the breeders and report them to CKC. They will handle them if enough people stand up for these animals!!!
Was you able to get your money back?
Whitley Co Citizen 01

Murray, KY

#9 Dec 9, 2009
you start wrote:
<quoted text>these people that sell these puppies,are also the breeders,they come all the way from Georgia.I knew a girl that bought 2 puppies and they both died from PARVO..I say report all of them!!!!
The ones who sell on the main front aisle are actually from Keavy.
Their sign states "no guarantee for dogs $100 or under."
sosad

Richmond, KY

#10 Dec 9, 2009
I hate to even post this because the man was so nice but bougt two puppys and also a family member of mine did as well so three all together. I bought one and three days later she died. We had even just had her at the vet the day before along with our other puppy we had bought a month prior who is doing great now. Anyhow we had them both there because we had about lost the first and they were given parvo and typical new puppy stuff. THE Puppys are nearly 300 bucks each. The first died after the 24 hour warrenty by a day the other died and was dying that night we got her. He was sincere and kind and refunded the money. Though my feeling are for one some dog breeds are very useptible to many issues and conditions. Our survivor here was hypoglycemic and very picky eater so educating on the breed prior or right away of your ownership read up. You ABSOLUTLY need to be prepared because some issues requrie quick acting if your going to ave them. Though my feeling of anger come from the fact that i dont think my last pup was 7 weeks old not by any means. Im devastaed that this little puppy that i tried so hard to save died because of starving i feel she didnt even know how to chomp her little mouth or get a drink of anything. She was no where ready to be away from the mother and i tried to help her and force feed of course. I was so praying that i could get her back to the seller so that she could continue to nurse and would gladly wait until she matured to get her back but sadly she didnt make it. It broke my heart she just looked so pittiful and sad and in her little puppy way was telling me she was desperate. Im so upset that people will be so heartles for a buckk. The man did say he had got her from someone he had not before..
sosad

Richmond, KY

#11 Dec 9, 2009
Also parvo kills so many dogs. Once parvo has infected an area it NEVER goes away. Treatment of your pet is the only maby possible prevention. I always thought the igns that state dont put fingers in cages or feed the animals and such were due to the fear of a child getting hurt or anyone and them being liable to possible lawuit. I learned though that is for the protection from diseases and bacterias and such so that these heathy pets dont get contaminated by what some one ele may have carried in on htem from wherever. That makes perfect since.
does not take a genius

Mayfield, KY

#12 Dec 9, 2009
It also doesn't take a VET to look at those poor animals and tell they are sick. Once just walking by I heard one cough so much, the people looking at all of them left the booth. ALL the people.
Puppy mills are puppy mills!
RightOn

United States

#13 Dec 10, 2009
I have a little chiwawa that i bought from the corbin flea market almost 7 years a go. The first time i saw him i didn't buy him. I went back to the flea market 2 months later and there he was. I felt sorry for him because he wasn't pretty at all. He was 5 months old and almost grown and i was sure noone would want him. People were passing him by to look at the 6 week old chiwawas that were there. He was full of worms and eat up with fleas. He was also as wild as a buck. I had to work with him very easy. He was scared to death to go outside and that caused a big problem. If you picked up the broom that scared him to death and still does. He was a handfull but i don't regret getting him at all. He is so precious to me and i wouldn't take anything for him. I am so glad i bought the little ugly dog that day because he is the love of my life.
Smith

Columbus, OH

#14 Dec 10, 2009
Please buy from a local breeder that you can trust. This is the same as going to the outlet mall and puchasing a puppy mill pet.
YES THEY ARE

Mayfield, KY

#15 Dec 10, 2009
THE HENSELYS ARE BAD SELLERS THEY HAVE FAKE CKC PAPERS AND THEY USE THEM. I KNOW THEM THEY LIVE IN GRAYS BY THE POST OFFICE THE HOUSE THAT SAYS WOOD FOR SALE. ALSO they steal dogs from the road and get fake papers anyone can just download from online then says that its the papers to the dogs. if they really have papers on them u have to have a vet pass and then a shot record. see there two kind of ckc papers, the one that is from canda is the real one. im sorry to inform ppl im a breeder and i learn the hard way from buying my dogs from fake breeders thanks good luck
Amy

Madisonville, KY

#17 Dec 10, 2009
99% of the time, dogs sold at flea markets are puppy mill dogs. The parents of these puppies have lived in cages their entire lives and have never been exposed to human companionship. Female dogs in mills are bred every time they come into heat. When they no longer can produce milk or puppies, they are euthanized. Although the puppies in these situations are the victims, it is important to refrain from buying them, as the more that are sold, the more demand the mills have for puppies to be produced.
Nanner

Prestonsburg, KY

#19 Dec 11, 2009
They shouldn't sell animals,They should get kicked in the Kahonies.
bought 2

Lynch, KY

#20 Dec 12, 2009
sadPuppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Was you able to get your money back?
I did get some of the money back but I was damn close to whipping a 70 yr old looking man. It was awful to see my daughter hold her little puppy as he died and then the money i spent at the vet trying to save him was nearly 500.00 dollars. So no I really did not get my money back. It wasnt about the money though, It is that these people know what they are doin and it's not to the benefit of these lil puppies.I hope they feel some kind of reward now because these lil animals are to GOD's lil angels and I hope they pay for all they have done to these animals as well as all the families that have encountered and gone through what me and mine did trying to save a hopeless lil creature. All the vet's around here will tell you to STAY AWAY FROM THERE SCEAM! and several have told me that they have tried to do somethin about these people but there is really nothing anyone can do unless everyone STOPS BUYING!!!!!!!!
Tina

Hebron, IL

#21 Dec 12, 2009
I got a little chihuahua and it died about 3 days later. He said it had been wormed but apparently it hadn't. I was pissed!!!!
Been there

Gorham, IL

#22 Dec 12, 2009
I have made the mistake, twice, of buying puppies from them. I would have learned my lesson after the first puppy but I thought it was an individual problem. Neither of these puppies died but both had their issues. The first puppy had worms and ear mites (which are pretty normal I guess), and the second had skin mites, worms, and ear mites. Needless to say, the first few vet bills were a little higher than they should have been. Another big problem I had with both is that they didn't care to poop all over themselves during crate training which is a surefire sign they were from puppy mills. Neither of them were ever fully potty trained.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Paul 170,479
Man arrested for growing a little pot. (Jul '11) 1 hr Dismissed1 11
Coyotes in Corbin! 3 hr Regina 7
What they do with it when they... 4 hr rhodey 3
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 14 hr Walk with God 1,761
twice the ice on falls hwy Sat John Whang 4
How is Mark Tolliver? Sat Short Italian Guy 1

Corbin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance