Best pain doctor in the area?

Posted in the Corbin Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Corbin, KY

#1 Aug 25, 2008
It seems like if you have a legit pain your pretty much screwed. Doctors are really flakey about pain meds due to how ky is with narcotics. It kinda ruins it for the people who have a legit pain. I currently am on OC for my pain and need to find a doctor who isn,t skitish about pain meds since this is what gives me any quality of life. Any suggestions would be apprieciated.
help

United States

#2 Sep 2, 2008
u need to get help sounds to me like it is always a about the pills get help you are addicted
hmmm

Hopkinsville, KY

#3 Sep 2, 2008
I work in a medical profession and some people really do have true pain. However, in the area that we are blessed to live so many people take advantage of our doctors. It's like the story everyone knows the little boy who cried wolf.
my opinion

Louisville, KY

#4 Sep 3, 2008
help wrote:
u need to get help sounds to me like it is always a about the pills get help you are addicted
I also work in the healthcare field and let me ask you what gives you the right to judge this person or any ohter? Do you know what this persons medical condition is? Maybe they have cancer or something or maybe some other serious ilness. There are a lot of people out there that do have ture medical conditions that require pain medications I see it everyday. The problem is that there are people out there that take advantage of the doctors in this area so now none of them want to give even those that have a true legiitimate need for them. Unless you have walked in that persons shoes you should not pass judgement on them.
bounce

Corbin, KY

#5 Sep 3, 2008
Go to Dr. Moses' office in Williamsburg. He supposedly passes oxycontin out like candy.
It is Docs like him who have been major contributors to the OC problem in the area. It is sickening.
just saying

Louisville, KY

#6 Sep 3, 2008
bounce wrote:
Go to Dr. Moses' office in Williamsburg. He supposedly passes oxycontin out like candy.
It is Docs like him who have been major contributors to the OC problem in the area. It is sickening.
It kills me how people post on here. You are right Dr. Moses office has been known to give out pain medication but, at the moment Dr. Moses can't write pain medications. You are right Doc's are the contributors but, the people going and asking and pretending to get meds are the bigger problem. Doctors just go on what the person tells them. Pain is subjective and if someone says they are in pain then how can you tell if they are or aren't? All I see is people bashing other people on here the entire site and no one really ever answers the post or tries to help the individuals asking questions.
would like to know too

Louisville, KY

#7 Sep 5, 2008
I am also looking for a good doctor or pain clinic in the area. I just moved here to be closer to my family as I don't know how much time I may be around. I was diagnosed with a terminal illness which causes me great pain. Any help in recommending a good pain clinic or doctor in the area would be great.
Mad as hell

Perryville, KY

#8 Sep 9, 2008
I went to the corbin clinic on the falls road yesterday, I was working out doors clearing a property, I was covered head to toe in poison oak, My eyes nearly swelled shut. and I fell and hurt my arm, could not sleep, barely move my arm, still in misery. They never offered to exray or nothing. Guess is was becuase I did not have insurance. Yet all I got was a shot for inflamation and some hormone pills and a bill for 90 bucks I paid before leaving.

I never take pills or medications. But I shore could use a few now. Even something to help me sleep would help a little. Clearly any doctor could tell I was in great pain and very uncomfortable. Guess I will have to buy some medication illegally to help.

The doc said go buy some motrin or something!

I was not expecting a bottle full of pills, atleast something to get me through a couple of days... I will never return to that crap hole.

Anyone suggest a good family doctor in the area?
Ryan

Madisonville, KY

#9 Sep 18, 2008
I will comment on this! In regards to Dr. Moses he is a great man and Doctor. Thanks to the other physicians envy and jealously he cannot help the people that need him right now. I have a very strainful job that causes severe pain down my back and legs. Work 60-65 hours of hard labor with an old injury without some relief. All this does is force people who are obtaining medicine legally to look for it on the street. I can't go to another Doctor without a good referral or it's considered "doctor shopping". So all this ban from writing prescriptions does is encourage drug dealing. For the record I have only heard of him prescribing OC to the very ill people in need.
Joe is the man

Berlin, Germany

#10 Sep 18, 2008
Joe Shelton
care bear 08

Somerset, KY

#11 Sep 21, 2008
Ryan wrote:
I will comment on this! In regards to Dr. Moses he is a great man and Doctor. Thanks to the other physicians envy and jealously he cannot help the people that need him right now. I have a very strainful job that causes severe pain down my back and legs. Work 60-65 hours of hard labor with an old injury without some relief. All this does is force people who are obtaining medicine legally to look for it on the street. I can't go to another Doctor without a good referral or it's considered "doctor shopping". So all this ban from writing prescriptions does is encourage drug dealing. For the record I have only heard of him prescribing OC to the very ill people in need.
i was also have severe back pain and pain and numbness down my left leg, I'm only 32, so I found it hard to find a doctor to take me seriously. Go see Lake Cumberland Neurosurgeons in Somerset. I had surgery on the 12th and already feel tons better.
painsux

Mayfield, KY

#12 Jan 2, 2010
in feb of 2000 i hurt my back at work picking up a steel beam. i have had every treatment you can think of plus two sugurarys.. point being you know people hurt. yes i take pain meds, no i don't have too, i could sit on the couch and cry until i die. if pain meds were over the counter, like whiskey, with in a year they would no longer be a problem. you have a good comment thank you
my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I also work in the healthcare field and let me ask you what gives you the right to judge this person or any ohter? Do you know what this persons medical condition is? Maybe they have cancer or something or maybe some other serious ilness. There are a lot of people out there that do have ture medical conditions that require pain medications I see it everyday. The problem is that there are people out there that take advantage of the doctors in this area so now none of them want to give even those that have a true legiitimate need for them. Unless you have walked in that persons shoes you should not pass judgement on them.
plumb40906

United States

#13 Oct 22, 2010
i will tell every one right now i have done oc for 6 yrs now and have had a good life being able to play with my gandson started to feel like maybe i could live with out mads and have for 7 weeks this is what i will tell anyone out there i will not go 1 more week becouse most days i can not get out of bed and i do not tell doc about my pain just look at my mri my name is george mcadams
docudrug

United States

#14 Oct 23, 2010
bounce wrote:
Not true at all...I go to Dr Moses's office...Dr.Moses's doesnt even practice anymore
Rental Property Available

United States

#17 Oct 23, 2010
Sorry about the comment, I didn't mean for it to be on this post..
info please

Corbin, KY

#18 Oct 23, 2010
care bear 08 wrote:
<quoted text>
i was also have severe back pain and pain and numbness down my left leg, I'm only 32, so I found it hard to find a doctor to take me seriously. Go see Lake Cumberland Neurosurgeons in Somerset. I had surgery on the 12th and already feel tons better.
Could you please tell me which doctors practice there.I go to one in Somerset.I scared to have surgery and would like to hear more about these doctors if it is El-Kalliny or the one that is in there with him.Please help me out.
I KNOW FOR SURE

AOL

#19 Oct 23, 2010
bounce wrote:
LYING A**!!! FOR ONE, HE IS ON A 3- MONTH -VACATION AND TWO, HE HAS HAD HIS LICENSE REVOKED!! YOU WOULD BE "LUCKY" TO GET AN ASPIRIN FROM HIM...JESUS!(aint nobody in the tri-county area gonna pass out OC's like "Candy!")
Yeh Buddy

United States

#20 Oct 23, 2010
Mad as hell wrote:
I went to the corbin clinic on the falls road yesterday, I was working out doors clearing a property, I was covered head to toe in poison oak, My eyes nearly swelled shut. and I fell and hurt my arm, could not sleep, barely move my arm, still in misery. They never offered to exray or nothing. Guess is was becuase I did not have insurance. Yet all I got was a shot for inflamation and some hormone pills and a bill for 90 bucks I paid before leaving.
I never take pills or medications. But I shore could use a few now. Even something to help me sleep would help a little. Clearly any doctor could tell I was in great pain and very uncomfortable. Guess I will have to buy some medication illegally to help.
The doc said go buy some motrin or something!
I was not expecting a bottle full of pills, atleast something to get me through a couple of days... I will never return to that crap hole.
Anyone suggest a good family doctor in the area?
Hormone Pills? That's stupid. Why would they give you hormone pills for poison ivy and a hurt arm? They don't hand out pain pills. Pain pills won't help your problems. Take motrin and benadril you will live.
not judgemental

AOL

#21 Oct 23, 2010
help wrote:
...Sounds to me like you are way too "JUDGEMENTAL" there! That person with real pain just needs his real meds. Does NOT mean you are "ADDICTED" just because you have "Medical Problems & Poor Health." I bet if YOU were in that person's shoes, YOU would be trying to get your Pain Meds also!!!
in pain

AOL

#22 Oct 24, 2010
Listen Up People. If your Doc tries to get you to go to a place in London called "Premier Pain Relief" (right behind East Bernstadt Med. Clinic) DO NOT WASTE YOUR GAS & TIME!!! They WILL NOT help you at all!!! They got a foreigner doc in there and I have Sciatica (hurts day & night), I have Cervical Spondylosis, Degenerative Discs in my cervical spine, HURTS CONSTANTLY, Extem Pain in my right arm & shoulder, Also Extreme Lumbar pain, and I have insurance. I asked him to send me for an MRI & an X-RAY & so help me God, he said, "NO!!YOU DON'T NEED MRI OR X-RAY & I WILL NOT WRITE ANY NARCOTIC PAIN MEDS. OR ANYTHING MIND-ALTERING." He said it was more "Psychological than Physical Pain!!" OMG! All he needed to do was send me for an MRI. Then he would see that I have really "LEGIT" Medical Problems. He would NOT take time, nor the effort to help me the right way. I am NOT a Pill-Head! I just have real med. problems & cannot find a Doctor who will take my problems serious & "treat me the way I should be treated." Sometimes I think these foreign docs just enjoy seeing us Americans Suffer. I will NEVER set my foot back in that office, ever! Just thought you should "know" how they treat people. They don't give a sh*t!!!!!(His name was Doc Saddiqi.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 23 min CCR 165,497
Chaz jackson in jail 1 hr Good guy 1
Dallas 3 hr Man 1
Corbin dope 3 hr wow 9
Knock knock go on in 6 hr Byron 12
Can you fall out of love 10 hr Whinehouse 10
Sara Decker 10 hr Jimmy Middleton 3

Corbin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance