Redhound for life

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Watched some games last night.One team looked far and away better than others.Is it the coaching,or did they load one team up?Doesn't seem fair to me.
Parent

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

It's loaded as always. There is always one team far superior than all the others. Is the coach in charge of some of the TCSA?
Redhound for life

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

It was two men I have never seen before.Both looked in their forties and were coaching the team nonstop during the game.I have to admit they took it easy on the other team,but the talent discrepancy was clear.
Mom

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

I know the team you all are talking about. Both of those men are in their forties and they are good people. Everyone that was picked to be a coach went to do the draft together. One coach picked a player and another one picked and so forth so it was a fair draft. The coach has nothing to do with TCSA.
Real

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Want to watch a real team? Go watch Corbin's 6th grade team
Nice

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Real wrote:
Want to watch a real team? Go watch Corbin's 6th grade team
Is that the real 7th grade team that is playing 6th grade because most of them held back?
Real

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Sure isnt
Nice

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

What's wrong with a hold back? You gain advantage in athletics and academics. Nothing wrong with it and anyone can do it as long as you meet age criteria for sports.
Nice

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Nothing wrong with hold backs but beating every team you play by 20 because all of your players are actually a year ahead of those that you are playing isn't that much of an achievement to be considered as a "real team" because by those standards, they aren't competing against "real teams." Especially when that comment was a cheap shot at other kids that didn't try out or make the 6th grade team and are playing Recreational ball. There are some good kids and teams in those leagues that play just as competitive games as the 6th grade team. There may not be as much talent on the floor or bench but the kids and the games are enjoyable and competitive and not boring blowouts. So to each their own.
Real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Was not a cheap shot. Just stating the fact of a good grade school team (Corbin's 6th grade) quit crying because your kid didn't make the school team

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Grade school basketball seems like a serious thing.
TCSA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Went & watched several games this week (4th & 5th) and saw some coaches actually coaching their players and saw some of the coaches standing or sitting not saying a word! What's to learn with NO coaching? I watched 2 games in particular that really amazed me! I am not sure of the team names or the coaches names but it was obvious that these coaches had NO clue about basketball! I think they have pulled these men to coach off a soccer field (meant to be funny.) They have NO clue as to the basic fundamentals of the game. I am appalled at the TCSA basketball program and will be going to Another county next year. These poor kids will not make the middle school team with these coaches! Pathetic! I know it's a non-paid, volunteer program but you would think they knew how many points a basket was worth! Just my observations and opinions! Hopefully this will change and the players can teach the coaches something! The end!!
info

Gray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

TCSA wrote:
Went & watched several games this week (4th & 5th) and saw some coaches actually coaching their players and saw some of the coaches standing or sitting not saying a word! What's to learn with NO coaching? I watched 2 games in particular that really amazed me! I am not sure of the team names or the coaches names but it was obvious that these coaches had NO clue about basketball! I think they have pulled these men to coach off a soccer field (meant to be funny.) They have NO clue as to the basic fundamentals of the game. I am appalled at the TCSA basketball program and will be going to Another county next year. These poor kids will not make the middle school team with these coaches! Pathetic! I know it's a non-paid, volunteer program but you would think they knew how many points a basket was worth! Just my observations and opinions! Hopefully this will change and the players can teach the coaches something! The end!!
Since you are so smart why aren't you coaching? I thought I saw a box on the app to check if you wanted to volunteer. Oh wait thats right you just wanna sit on your butt and complain. Good luck raising kids with no work ethic loser. At least those guys are stepping up and trying.
wondering

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

The teams aren't stacked...it's a draft! If one coach sees better players than another, he drafts that kid! Some coaches are better at picking teams. Some coaches are better at coaching. Some coaches are better at placing kids in positions. It is just life. And as far as Corbin's 6th grade team....do you really think Corbin parents are the only ones that hold kids back? I guess we invented it and are the only school doing it?!?!? Grow up! You people whine about all this sport stuff, but I am guessing you have never volunteered to see what the ins and outs are of this league. Most people on the board now don't even have kids in it, so who did they stack it for?
Happened in the 80s

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

I Played at Lynn Camp(don't laugh)in the late 80's and half the team had been held back---its the same everywhere. If u can keep your kid at home 1 more year and they have an opportunity to get their education paid for because of their ability--great. Anyone that cries about this policy either is a idiot or they or their kid really sucks at sports(which is fine-hopefully they learn good sportsmanship). And yes in TCSA one team is always better no matter what age group. Hell the 1st 2nd grades best team could probably win the 3rd 4th league and their is not a child over 8 years old on the team.
wondering

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

TCSA wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah the 5th grade teams are horrible because of piss poor coaching. Where did they get this bunch of coaches and referees, Walmart?
The coaches are volunteers, ever tried it? No, you people who complain never help! You just set back and piss and moan! Put the people who try down! Maybe if some of you dads worked with your kids at home, but no, you leave it to the coaches once a year and expect to have a team of Michael Jordan's...
Info

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Wondering is 100% correct!
Digjam

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Real wrote:
Was not a cheap shot. Just stating the fact of a good grade school team (Corbin's 6th grade) quit crying because your kid didn't make the school team
You can keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. Maybe when you get to middle school you will learn that your petty comments are still grade schoolish. When you grow up, you may find out that saying the team is really good is taking the high road and giving the team credit. Suggesting that people go watch a different team because they are a real team is a slap in the face of the other kids and coaches. Assuming I have a kid and that my kid didnt make a team goes to show what was intended with the "real" comments. Doesn't take a Real genius to figure out the iQ level of the person making the comment.
Gary

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Corbin 6th grade playing for state championship today congrats young hounds

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Corbin Forum right now

Search the Corbin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 44 min Khatru 123,001
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 57 min Mississippi Man 81,233
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jay 138,847
Anyone want to trade a Samsung galaxy s3 to an ... (Jun '13) 2 hr Micheal 84
Stolen kids toys 2 hr Gee 4
Bob Terrell 2 hr love4ky 7
Who does garage door repairs in Corbin? 2 hr customer 3
•••
•••