|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
I'm just curious. How long did it take them to build the Walmart building there now? I remember them moving it from that one building that's now a factory but I was little.
It took them 4 months from start to finish> If it took 2 years to build a box store they would have a few hundred in the U S instead of thousands. If Wal Mart management decides to move they will be selling booze by Christmas.
truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

NOT SO NOSY wrote:
<quoted text>It took them 4 months from start to finish> If it took 2 years to build a box store they would have a few hundred in the U S instead of thousands. If Wal Mart management decides to move they will be selling booze by Christmas.
When you drunks provide the book and page number of the deed that walmart has brought the land please post it. Until this happen your lying. 4 months that a lie. The land has not been brought, the land has not been made ready to be built on . it takes months to just stock the store..
I am sure if land has been brought your newspaper will have a story about it. please post it.
jessica

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

it takes a few months even to get the land ready to put in all the water lines and stuff like that
truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

jessica wrote:
it takes a few months even to get the land ready to put in all the water lines and stuff like that
correct and it will have to be survey as to where the water and electric lines will go. you need permits. Is the land even zone for that type of business ? If not it could take months to get it change.I sure they would put walmart at the head of the line for permits , water and electric.
done deal

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Judged:

they are putting it behind the doctors offices directly beside the bowling alley. They have been down there surveying and marking utilities for over a month. Its a done deal and yes, they plan on being there by Christmas
Junior

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Don't know about all that, but we need about three more Dollar General Stores in the area. The twelve locations we have now just isn't enough to support the local demand....
FYI

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

done deal wrote:
they are putting it behind the doctors offices directly beside the bowling alley. They have been down there surveying and marking utilities for over a month. Its a done deal and yes, they plan on being there by Christmas
It seem your the only one in the area that knows everything. Have you called the London newspaper and told them south laurel county is getting a sam club in 4 months. Have you called the corbin or williamsburg newspaper to let them know?I guess those 3 newspaper are keeping it a secret for what reason. The 2nd package in Manchester took a year to built from the time they got the lic to open day. I guess they were in no hurry to get it done sooner? it a building 1/25 the size of a super store . Manchester it was told was going to get a super store 5-6 years ago ,the land was their but it was never built. How long did it think the 3rd corbin package store to open from the day they got their lic. Almost a year.I guess they were in no hurry to open? Your nuts if you think any building the size of a super store can be built in 4 month.If you have not contact the 3 newspaper about your so called news and they don't publish something in a week we all will know your a liar.
john

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

manchester still has a small wal mart they are still saying they are getting a supercenter for 8 yrs now if you ask them they are getting all new restaurant too but haven't saw any of it
Saddened

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

truth wrote:
<quoted text>So they are currently remodeling the store so in 2 years they will move it to the new walmart. Who in their right mind put a store near the college. It on a road to nowhere. I guess a drunk will say anything to get chit started. I would say the manager of the London walmart knows more about what going on the a drunk like you.
I will be praying for you I can tell you are a an idiot but luckily for you Jesus loves you ..
mark twain

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Saddened wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be praying for you I can tell you are a an idiot but luckily for you Jesus loves you ..
That was such a idiot answer . Why don't you just answer people question? Because your lying.
fact

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

no new walmart or sams club is coming at all FACT
I wish

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

a Sam's Club was coming to Corbin. This area needs one.
sam w

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Judged:

I wish wrote:
a Sam's Club was coming to Corbin. This area needs one.
It coming to london.
Worker

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

I am working on the remodel in Corbin Walmart. I haven't heard anything about them moving the store or it turning into a Sam's Club.
mark twain

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

done deal wrote:
You had a week to contact the 3 newspaper about your great news about Sam club. I see they failed to print your FOS story.I guess it the first of the month and your to pilled up to call.
actually thinking

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

talked to a few guys down there. they dont know how that rumor got started but they are not going to build a new one to sell booze when it would be cheaper to just change a law or two. [either a: change the two county limit to a city or b: make laurel county except for the town of london wet]

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 36 of36
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Corbin Forum right now

Search the Corbin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min republiCONS 138,299
Fiesta Mexicana (Aug '12) 20 min playa 26
WE Need Four New Magistrates in Whitley County!! 1 hr yes men 3
CHS deceased alumni (Jan '09) 1 hr Michael Brown 680
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Anne52 81,182
18 Arrested In Whitley County Drug Round Up 1 hr voter 6
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr USA 122,513
•••

Freeze Warning for Whitley County was issued at April 15 at 9:40PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Corbin Dating