Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul ...

Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters

There are 26312 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 26, 2010, titled Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Supporters of Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul wrestled a woman to the ground and one stepped on her head after she tried to confront the candidate in Kentucky.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“Vote Independent & stay free ”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#22337 Apr 30, 2012

“THINK! It only hurts at first”

Since: Apr 12

Reality

#22338 Apr 30, 2012
AcidReign wrote:
http://www.techdirt.com/articl es/20090210/0337353715.shtml
Pft. If you're upset about that, wait till you hear about CISPA. Takes the judge out of that process.
whitehair

Fort Thomas, KY

#22339 Apr 30, 2012
Talked with a broker the other day and listened to his complaints about the money supple,inflation,etc.

When I confronted him with the simple fact most seniors are not interested in inflation as much as they are the fact CD`s interests rates are held in the hands of the Feds.and Inflation just might cause an increase in interests .Advised him most seniors only buy food on a regular day and week,not other goods as they already have all the furniture,etc.they want.But interest rates on CD`s would have their attention!He replyed every senior he represents is scrambling to other investments as the CD`s of 4-5 % mature,as if we did not know that.The meeting just went on,and some of us just left.
whitehair

Fort Thomas, KY

#22340 Apr 30, 2012
PaidAttentionInSchool wrote:
<quoted text> What's that old saying? If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck? So apparently, to you I talk and look smart or you wouldn't be bringing it up defensively. Guess you know where that leads to.
<quoted text>
And back to my comment: Pay for what? It doesn't exist!
Been gone awhile.Pay for what? Are we talking about the national debt?If so,taxes will be called to pay for it,and we will all have less in our pockets,to take home and spend as WE wish.Like Ron Paul says,it is FIAT money.Audit the Fed Reserve!!!

Reality

#22341 Apr 30, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Been gone awhile.Pay for what? Are we talking about the national debt?If so,taxes will be called to pay for it,and we will all have less in our pockets,to take home and spend as WE wish.Like Ron Paul says,it is FIAT money.Audit the Fed Reserve!!!
Odd that you claim to support Paul, but have misunderstood what he's been saying.
Jamie

Danville, KY

#22342 Apr 30, 2012
?
wtf

Richmond, KY

#22345 May 1, 2012
whitehair wrote:
Talked with a broker the other day and listened to his complaints about the money supple,inflation,etc.
When I confronted him with the simple fact most seniors are not interested in inflation as much as they are the fact CD`s interests rates are held in the hands of the Feds.and Inflation just might cause an increase in interests .Advised him most seniors only buy food on a regular day and week,not other goods as they already have all the furniture,etc.they want.But interest rates on CD`s would have their attention!He replyed every senior he represents is scrambling to other investments as the CD`s of 4-5 % mature,as if we did not know that.The meeting just went on,and some of us just left.
Blah blah blah just more BS.
wtf

Richmond, KY

#22346 May 1, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul who???

Nobody remembers that jackass.
Mee

Cadiz, KY

#22347 May 1, 2012
I heart Rand & Ron Paul!
Oh WOW

Surprise, AZ

#22348 May 1, 2012
<quoted text> What's that old saying? If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck? So apparently, to you I talk and look smart or you wouldn't be bringing it up defensively. Guess you know where that leads to.
<quoted text>
And back to my comment: Pay for what? It doesn't exist!
Wow, I dont think you paid much attention in school. I dont see the reply as "defensive". Since you are so smart, why dont you input some helpful statements instead of the vauge pointless anaolgies. Just saying.

And to help out on the "pay for what", who will pay for the new and improved health care bill? You know, there is a pricetag on this bill that somebody will have to pay for..
Oh WOW

Surprise, AZ

#22349 May 1, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>"sprial" out of
control
Did it "sprial" under Bush?
Lmfao
It sure did.. Clinton started to bring everything under control. 9-11 happened and spending went up under Bush, nobody is debating that. But under Obama, it has doubled since 2008. How do you explain that? I already know you have no answer and you will just throw out another pointless comment. Please, bring something worth while to the table.

Oh, and who shall shoulder the blame for our National credit rating drop?? Bush? ha ha ha
wtf

Richmond, KY

#22350 May 1, 2012
Oh WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure did.. Clinton started to bring everything under control. 9-11 happened and spending went up under Bush, nobody is debating that. But under Obama, it has doubled since 2008. How do you explain that? I already know you have no answer and you will just throw out another pointless comment. Please, bring something worth while to the table.
Oh, and who shall shoulder the blame for our National credit rating drop?? Bush? ha ha ha
Bush is the Father of 2 failed Wars.

Reality

#22351 May 1, 2012
Oh WOW wrote:
there is a pricetag on this bill that somebody will have to pay for..
No, they won't actually. Oh you'll have people on tv telling you the world will end over it, and people yelling at each other in a big expensive building, but the reality is no one actually has to pay for it. Those people make a living by forcing a false dichotomy on everything, polarizing it into an us vs them situation because it's easier to control people based on an emotional response than it is to throw facts at them. That's the reason you pulled out the "sound smart" thing because you wanted an emotional rather than a rational response out of me. Even if you aren't consciously aware of this, you know it well enough to try to use it yourself. That, and let's face it, if you think saying I'm trying to sound smart is going to hurt my feelings, you have to get in the back of the line of people who've tried that one. The only people that even think that is an insult are the ones threatened by intelligence.

So, that aside, how do we get everyone something like health care? We can just do it. Plain and simple. There doesn't have to be a dollar value attached to everything, nor something to barter for it with. If we want to, as a nation, we can just give everyone healthcare. It would be very simple to do it, but it would require people to stop pretending that the number in their bank statement actually means something tangible.

The folks randomly shouting out Ron Paul's name get the basics behind this, but they don't know how to actually apply it. They rant about the federal reserve bank printing money that has no value, but don't take it to the next step of money actually having no value. Once you establish that, you can do whatever the hell you want as a government because the whole thing is a ruse anyway. Own up to it, be honest, and do the right thing for a change instead of keeping everyone distracted and infighting. It's especially sad to see someone that agrees with every single point of this but just can't let go of the lie enough to see the possibilities.
The Truth

Sevierville, TN

#22352 May 1, 2012
Well I enjoyed your rationalizing but money is a way of showing how productive someone is or not. If you went to college and learned to be a doctor and can save lives you think someone down the street who didn't care about his education and couldn't even spell his name should be paid or just have the same things you do. Without value for things there would be no value on anything including peoples lives. Why would anyone work, or learn to save lives. What incentive do you have to be the greatest doctor, dentist, etc. when at the end you've done all the work while everyone else let you because your not getting anything more then them. Who doesn't want health care for everyone we just want everyone to help pay for there health care not just the top 49% of the productive people in America. Stop the federal income tax which is just away to redistribute money to Americans and either let the people keep there money or use it all to pay the defecit off then come back and look at the social programs and see which ones we really need and would promote independance not dependancy.
<quoted text>
No, they won't actually. Oh you'll have people on tv telling you the world will end over it, and people yelling at each other in a big expensive building, but the reality is no one actually has to pay for it. Those people make a living by forcing a false dichotomy on everything, polarizing it into an us vs them situation because it's easier to control people based on an emotional response than it is to throw facts at them. That's the reason you pulled out the "sound smart" thing because you wanted an emotional rather than a rational response out of me. Even if you aren't consciously aware of this, you know it well enough to try to use it yourself. That, and let's face it, if you think saying I'm trying to sound smart is going to hurt my feelings, you have to get in the back of the line of people who've tried that one. The only people that even think that is an insult are the ones threatened by intelligence.
So, that aside, how do we get everyone something like health care? We can just do it. Plain and simple. There doesn't have to be a dollar value attached to everything, nor something to barter for it with. If we want to, as a nation, we can just give everyone healthcare. It would be very simple to do it, but it would require people to stop pretending that the number in their bank statement actually means something tangible.
The folks randomly shouting out Ron Paul's name get the basics behind this, but they don't know how to actually apply it. They rant about the federal reserve bank printing money that has no value, but don't take it to the next step of money actually having no value. Once you establish that, you can do whatever the hell you want as a government because the whole thing is a ruse anyway. Own up to it, be honest, and do the right thing for a change instead of keeping everyone distracted and infighting. It's especially sad to see someone that agrees with every single point of this but just can't let go of the lie enough to see the possibilities.
wtf

Richmond, KY

#22353 May 1, 2012
The Truth wrote:
Well I enjoyed your rationalizing but money is a way of showing how productive someone is or not. If you went to college and learned to be a doctor and can save lives you think someone down the street who didn't care about his education and couldn't even spell his name should be paid or just have the same things you do. Without value for things there would be no value on anything including peoples lives. Why would anyone work, or learn to save lives. What incentive do you have to be the greatest doctor, dentist, etc. when at the end you've done all the work while everyone else let you because your not getting anything more then them. Who doesn't want health care for everyone we just want everyone to help pay for there health care not just the top 49% of the productive people in America. Stop the federal income tax which is just away to redistribute money to Americans and either let the people keep there money or use it all to pay the defecit off then come back and look at the social programs and see which ones we really need and would promote independance not dependancy.
<quoted text>
How will we pay for the Military you Nit wit?

Reality

#22354 May 1, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I'm the one rationalizing? All day long you have people on here saying the money has no value, but can't let go of the illusion of value. It's a security blanket. If you take what they say about all this as true, and in some cases they have very compelling evidence, then we've apparently been doing just fine running our society with valueless currency for quite some time. Why is it so hard to take the next step? Why do you have to cling to little colored pieces of paper that mean nothing in order to feel better about yourself? I mean, if you have to have someone holding worthless paper out to you before you'd save someone's life, that's going into the territory of you being a sociopath rather than economics.
whitehair

Fort Thomas, KY

#22355 May 1, 2012
I agree and disagree with both of you.We could afford health care for everyone.It is just a matter of what one wants to do.Also,we do want to be justified for our work and get something,accordingly.

The problem is,too many do not share your ethnic values,your work desires,and they wish to collect rather than input.

Our money is not something like gold that is valuable and can be counted on to always have value.Gold also is something that changes in value as does silver,and so we have to have something to use to call value,such as money.So the Nation prints money.We use it to evaluate our production,our worth,on the market.So far ,nothing has come up to equate how to do it otherwise.

So,we get back to what do we as a Country of people want to do?So far our Congress and this administration have moved from every one does what can be done,to big gov`t handing out to the ones they wish to.The middle class is slowly disapearing and moving into the poor or to the rich.The seniors living off CD`s find the income no longer keeps up with inflation and inflation has not really hit.They are scrambling to find some investment that will keep them above water.

Now when we can come to some agreement as to what this Country wants and should do,and we get leaders in office to follow this declaration,then we just stagger along and have our ups and downs.

When we as a people can agree to our ideology,agree as the founders did,when they presented this Country with the Constitution,we will jiggje back and forth.Do we have capitalism?Do we move into sociolism?Does the gov`t get larger?Do the people in office get to be honest?

It is up to this Country and our votes may get us nothing unless we take our Country back.

Reality

#22356 May 1, 2012
whitehair wrote:
I agree and disagree with both of you.We could afford health care for everyone.It is just a matter of what one wants to do.Also,we do want to be justified for our work and get something,accordingly.
The problem is,too many do not share your ethnic values,your work desires,and they wish to collect rather than input.
Our money is not something like gold that is valuable and can be counted on to always have value.Gold also is something that changes in value as does silver,and so we have to have something to use to call value,such as money.So the Nation prints money.We use it to evaluate our production,our worth,on the market.So far ,nothing has come up to equate how to do it otherwise.
So,we get back to what do we as a Country of people want to do?So far our Congress and this administration have moved from every one does what can be done,to big gov`t handing out to the ones they wish to.The middle class is slowly disapearing and moving into the poor or to the rich.The seniors living off CD`s find the income no longer keeps up with inflation and inflation has not really hit.They are scrambling to find some investment that will keep them above water.
Now when we can come to some agreement as to what this Country wants and should do,and we get leaders in office to follow this declaration,then we just stagger along and have our ups and downs.
When we as a people can agree to our ideology,agree as the founders did,when they presented this Country with the Constitution,we will jiggje back and forth.Do we have capitalism?Do we move into sociolism?Does the gov`t get larger?Do the people in office get to be honest?
It is up to this Country and our votes may get us nothing unless we take our Country back.
I can pretty much agree to that, with the addition of one thing: we must take care of those who have actual medical reasons for not being productive. This isn't Sparta, we don't leave our sick on the mountain to die.
whitehair

Fort Thomas, KY

#22357 May 1, 2012
I think you are correct.The problem there, seems no way to cut the crooks out.We have become so politically correct,we can not cut any off.
wtf

Richmond, KY

#22358 May 1, 2012
whitehair wrote:
I think you are correct.The problem there, seems no way to cut the crooks out.We have become so politically correct,we can not cut any off.
I hope they cut you off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the most Two Faced Backstabber in Corbin (Sep '08) 33 min Jennyfromtheblock 112
Ky. Website 1 hr Sunshine 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr usa 163,757
who is she 2 hr Good grief 2
Who has slept with my sons mother Emily Mcfarland 2 hr Adam4533 14
Foodstamps 8 hr doug 9
Question about reflective red, yellow, blue, an... (Nov '12) 9 hr Annie2013 132

Corbin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages