Grace On The Hill

Posted in the Corbin Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
looking

United States

#1 Jan 16, 2009
I'm looking for a good church to attend and I'm thinking about Grace On The Hill. Opinions please.
all knowing

Lawrenceburg, KY

#2 Jan 16, 2009
Is there a bad one????

“"RAWR !!!"”

Since: Oct 08

"honest & sincere"

#3 Jan 16, 2009
i also will be visiting this church for the first time soon...
:-)
Chris

Middlesboro, KY

#4 Jan 16, 2009
My brothers girlfriend attends this church with her family. She seems to really enjoy it & takes my nephew with her often. My brother (who has been disappointed with several churches in the past) has went with her on a few occasions & had a truly moving experience by how accepting they all were of him.(He has tattoos & piercings) This, in my eyes, is a wonderful church although I have never attended there myself. They also took my mother for the Christmas eve service & she loved it as well.
From everything that I have heard they are all very warm & friendly people. Hope this helps!:)

“7 CAME 11”

Since: Aug 08

corbin , ky

#5 Jan 16, 2009
LIKEITORNOT my2cents wrote:
+++

And so are

(WE)

looking forward

to meeting

*** You and Yours ***

"Open Arms And Amazing Grace"

...proudly smiling...

))>><<((

“7 CAME 11”

corbin , ky

#6 Jan 16, 2009
**LION**

BEAUTY ... The power by which

a woman

charms a lover

and

terrifies a husband.

And your new picture ... I read somewhere that self-confidence is the first prerequisite to great things.

I like to look at pictures of womoen eyes

"anticipaation is killing me"

))>><<((

“"RAWR !!!"”

"honest & sincere"

#7 Jan 16, 2009
russsh wrote:
<quoted text>
+++
And so are
(WE)
looking forward
to meeting
*** You and Yours ***
"Open Arms And Amazing Grace"
...proudly smiling...
))>><<((
loking VERY forward to it!!!!!

“"RAWR !!!"”

"honest & sincere"

#8 Jan 16, 2009
oops !!!
"looking"
...lol...

“"RAWR !!!"”

"honest & sincere"

#9 Jan 16, 2009
russsh wrote:
**LION**
BEAUTY ... The power by which
a woman
charms a lover
and
terrifies a husband.
And your new picture ... I read somewhere that self-confidence is the first prerequisite to great things.
I like to look at pictures of womoen eyes
"anticipaation is killing me"
))>><<((
...lol...
sorry to ruin your favorite picture pose !!!!
...lol...
:-D
Someone who knows

United States

#10 Jan 16, 2009
looking wrote:
I'm looking for a good church to attend and I'm thinking about Grace On The Hill. Opinions please.
My advice would be to steer clear of (dis)Grace on the Hill. The pastor and music director are both liars and hypocrites. As far as the guy with tattoos being accepted. I was there one Sunday when Tim Thompson talked about the "tattooed, beer drinking, tobacco chewing rednecks" in a very deragatory way. He will be accepting and friendly to you if he thinks there is something you can do for him. If you can buy him a house like Terry Forcht did or something like that. My suggestion is RUN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!!!
Copenhagen

Kennett, MO

#11 Jan 16, 2009
I would have an issue with tobacco chewing rednecks. Spit it!!
just sayin

United States

#12 Jan 16, 2009
your the one who says she goes out dancing and all that stuff i think you need to go by all the stuff i read that you wrote

“7 CAME 11”

corbin , ky

#13 Jan 16, 2009
Thank you for your opinion .

I am one that does not see it that way !!!

“"RAWR !!!"”

"honest & sincere"

#14 Jan 16, 2009
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
your the one who says she goes out dancing and all that stuff i think you need to go by all the stuff i read that you wrote
no, not very often...
i believe there is no reason i can't go out (with my husband usually - but now & again with my friends) & still serve GOD...

i am not drunken & wanton wandering the bars to see what i can get into...
if i DO actually go out, it is MAYBE (besides the grocery, etc.) 1 time a month...
i am only human, & never claim to be anything else....
i can only do my best each day, strive to make each day better for myself & those around me...
you should've read several places where i have said that too....
so if it offends you that i may take a night & go dancing with my husband... by all means - ignore every word i say....
but i feel compelled to tell you that looking down your nose at others - & looking for reason to look down on others isn't really the best way to look at life...
have you a good one...
wondering

Gorham, IL

#15 Jan 17, 2009
Why did Grace on the Hill stop letting the older children play in their basketball season? My son has played the last couple of years and has enjoyed it. However, this year they made the age limit like 8 or something like that. It used to be like up to 13. He's 11 and was looking forward to it this year. These activities help keeps our kids occupied and busy and I'd like to see more like this. They watch too much tv, play PS2, Nintendo, etc. and stay in their room too much. It's good to see churches get involved with the youth in the community...but the pre-teen and teenagers really need to stay active in good stuff. Too much drugs, etc. out there.
Someone who knows

United States

#16 Jan 17, 2009
russsh wrote:
Thank you for your opinion .
I am one that does not see it that way !!!
You can disagree all you want. I know what I know and I'm not going to argue with you. I don't want to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person. And just a word of advice When you're at (dis)Grace on the Hill---don't drink the KoolAde.

“7 CAME 11”

corbin , ky

#17 Jan 17, 2009
You can disagree all you want. I know what I know and I'm not going to argue with you. I don't want to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person. And just a word of advice When you're at (dis)Grace on the Hill---don't drink the KoolAde.

Someone who knows ;

Yes ... we disagree !
And I don't want to get into battle of wits with
someone who has had past experiences with "Grace On The Hill" which I don't know anything about and You , pointing your finger at me saying I don't know what I"m talking about " IN YOUR CASE " ...

...thats true...

And your opinion is that you don't like

"Grace On The Hill"

Mine is ... I Enjoy

"Grace On The Hill"

Grace and Peace from God Our Father

And The Lord Jesus Christ.

))>><<((
Someone who knows

United States

#18 Jan 17, 2009
russsh wrote:
Someone who knows ;
Yes ... we disagree !
And I don't want to get into battle of wits with
someone who has had past experiences with "Grace On The Hill" which I don't know anything about and You , pointing your finger at me saying I don't know what I"m talking about " IN YOUR CASE " ...
...thats true...
And your opinion is that you don't like
"Grace On The Hill"
Mine is ... I Enjoy
"Grace On The Hill"
Grace and Peace from God Our Father
And The Lord Jesus Christ.
))>><<((
"Russsh"
We are both entitled to our opinions and I will defend to the death your right to your opinion however misguided it may be.
The sad part is "MY CASE" is not the only incident I know of where someone was treated badly by the powers that be at disGrace on the Hill. Some day Tim Thompson and Ed Garr and others will get what is coming to them and I hope I'm around to see it. Believe me, they will have a lot to answer for when they face the Lord.

“"RAWR !!!"”

"honest & sincere"

#19 Jan 17, 2009
proverbs 24:17-18
just fyi
Someone who knows

United States

#20 Jan 17, 2009
proverbs 24:17-18
just fyi
I have no intention of gloating--I just want to see it. Just FYI

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Sss 131,384
Free Goat 6 hr Sunshine 1
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 7 hr Walk with God 656
Haunted Forest 9 hr Love Haloween 1
corbin animal clinic (Feb '09) 17 hr Vetcareisus 23
Looking for place to rent in Corbin, KY (Jan '10) 18 hr Melissa yeary 29
Forty Mile Fork Sat Lucy 5
23 blast movie. What a joke! (Mar '12) Sep 29 bow 168
Corbin Dating
Find my Match