Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,552

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#96644 Mar 20, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I realize the different levels of intellect that exists in the diversity of the worlduh as we know it.
Do you?(and don't try and sell me any NOTHING but more frosted FLAKE dogchit on a stick and pretend it's anything else but either!!!)
Straighten up means everybody-NOT just some.
Intellect is sometimes an elusive quality. You can find competent CPAs who don't know a lug wrench from a paint scraper.
It hardly matters if someone can read the Bible in 4 languages if they are simultaneously noshing metaphysical mumbo-jumbo - or frosted FLAKE dogchit on a stick.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96645 Mar 20, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
And I've already stated a long time ago, I found what bits and pieces I've read of the Koran to be rather barbaric and dark age sounding.
Said the same thing about the OT in the Bible.
Of "mired under dark age muck" MENTALity.
Good ONLY in application of and for understanding and glimpsing some history in world Civ.
Certainly NOT anything anyone should even begin to base any kind of life of enlightenment on, in my opinion anyway! But then flippin' dark age, ignorance does NOT appeal to me.
I was inferring that there is no difference whatsoever between:
"The Bible says it, I believe it and that settles it."
and
"The Koran says it, I believe it and that settles it."

Both books claim the "truth" and proclaim that salvation ultimately comes through absolute, unwavering and unquestionable faith of their "truths." Barbaric.
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

#96646 Mar 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Intellect is sometimes an elusive quality. You can find competent CPAs who don't know a lug wrench from a paint scraper.
It hardly matters if someone can read the Bible in 4 languages if they are simultaneously noshing metaphysical mumbo-jumbo - or frosted FLAKE dogchit on a stick.
Redundant and nochit.

Nice to see you've actually learned something though.

(all the cogs in the wheel, and it's IGNORANT to break a cog and expect to work right then!! As in DUH.)
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

#96647 Mar 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was inferring that there is no difference whatsoever between:
"The Bible says it, I believe it and that settles it."
and
"The Koran says it, I believe it and that settles it."
Both books claim the "truth" and proclaim that salvation ultimately comes through absolute, unwavering and unquestionable faith of their "truths." Barbaric.
Yep...archaic, dark age, mired in muck, self serving MENTALity usually is.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#96648 Mar 20, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
" A large part of religion beyond the need for explanation of the unknown is the wish for self aggrandizement, superiority and power. To think that you are so important, so wonderful that a great all powerful being created you and all you see for your benefit places you in a superior position in a self world view..."
Try reading it again, slowly, one word at a time.
Then see if you "get the simple statement".
Nope, still don't see what you're seeing

Location hidden

#96649 Mar 20, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
...But then flippin' dark age, ignorance does NOT appeal to me.
So, what exactly do you find appealing about the New Testament?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96650 Mar 20, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you threatening me with abuse?
I wouldn't do that if I were you.
ROTFL, I said I treat people the way they treat me.
Here is a deal, you pray to your god to kill me and I will pray to Satan to let you live in misery and we will see who wins

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96651 Mar 20, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I read from MY good book. I find that kind of thing socio-ILLogically dark age, draconian, warped and mired in the MUCK of their OWN unrighteousness, who just grasp at whatever they can to try and twist others to manipulate them to their own warped misperceptions.
But I do agree, Con artists and manipulators that thrive on just trying to start trouble to suit their narccisstic, greedy selves (including the female kind) suck. They oughta be whipped with their own conivings of greed, hatefullness and deceit daily.
Than you do not read the bible of the christians.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96652 Mar 20, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
I do NOT believe in a God of hate, strife, abuse or any other VILE behavior.
Such is NOT acceptable.
Than you do not believe in the god of the bible. Basicly you have made up a new god

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96653 Mar 20, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't worship anything like that either, but in my opinion, people do that kind of thing themselves.
You obviously have no idea who or what my God is, because "it" sure isn't ANYTHING like what you're ranting about.
Thank God...I don't believe in all that using guilt for manipulation type crap.
So what god do you worship?
The bible is clear about the god of the jews so what new and improved god do you worship? Since you have created a new god to be what you want then you should know that your god is not real to any one except you

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96654 Mar 20, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what exactly do you find appealing about the New Testament?
With the new testament they created a new and improved god that loves them.
They reject the old testament god unless it justifies their hate and blood lust but the new and improved god they created just loves them all

Location hidden

#96656 Mar 20, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>With the new testament they created a new and improved god that loves them.
They reject the old testament god unless it justifies their hate and blood lust but the new and improved god they created just loves them all
Makes sense. Their new god went to anger management counseling.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#96658 Mar 20, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, Christians love to use the "With the Lord a day is like a thousand years" when trying to explain the six creation days. The Old Testament was written thousands of years ago and had crazy laws like marrying your rapist, raping virgins, selling your daughter as a sex slave and all kinds of crazy crap.
To us that was thousands of years ago that God thought that way but to God, that crap was running through his head last weekend.
When you leave the TRUTH and start to rely on your opinion and reflect a form of insanity or was that before you left the TRUTH?
Being an Apostate and probably disfellowshipped I should not converse with you. What you post is not true but ......
GWB

Roseville, CA

#96659 Mar 20, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, Christians love to use the "With the Lord a day is like a thousand years" when trying to explain the six creation days. The Old Testament was written thousands of years ago and had crazy laws like marrying your rapist, raping virgins, selling your daughter as a sex slave and all kinds of crazy crap.
To us that was thousands of years ago that God thought that way but to God, that crap was running through his head last weekend.
The Hebrew people were ordered by "God" to do these type of crimes. Majority of Christians today still hold the nation of Israel as the sacred chosen people of God today. Yet today the Jews do not obey the commandments of the O.T. of thousands of years ago. It becomes clearer that it is made up by clever writers of that time to serve the thrones of kings. I think the GOP today using CPAC "christian party acting crazy" using religion for the same purpose.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#96661 Mar 20, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
When you leave the TRUTH and start to rely on your opinion and reflect a form of insanity or was that before you left the TRUTH?
Being an Apostate and probably disfellowshipped I should not converse with you. What you post is not true but ......
One mans so called Truth is another mans Bull Shyte....
GWB

Roseville, CA

#96662 Mar 20, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not to me, why do you elevate yourself above the man by calling him names like "insane, apostate, disfellowshipped" in this public forum, trying to shame him. You cannot debate without resorting to c/p spaming and name calling. He no longer believes there is a God, no wonder why others leave your opressive cult, it took guts for him to leave and I applaud him. I want him to tell more about your cult so others can decide for themselves.

Do you know that you are the one considered an Apostate to other christians who are debating on this forum? Yet they have treated you with respect dispite your own apostasy you may have chosen.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96664 Mar 20, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
?????? Hello? Honey I'm far far from perfect but I am forgiven! PRAISE GOD PRAISE GOD PRAISE GOD and I KNOW what I was RESCUED from and ill continue to PRAISE PRAISE PRAISE MY GOD whoop whoop WHOO hoo. I LOVE YOU JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS there'd nothing like that name JESUS
YAA, you give yourself away when you post this insanity. You discredit anything you say when you post under so many names trying to fool people in to thinking there are a lot of posters saying the same thing, but you lose it because you are a nut job.
Seek help, take the medication, and stop acting stupid.
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

#96667 Mar 20, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFL, I said I treat people the way they treat me.
Here is a deal, you pray to your god to kill me and I will pray to Satan to let you live in misery and we will see who wins
Why would anyone pray such mean spirited things like that?
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

#96668 Mar 20, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So what god do you worship?
The bible is clear about the god of the jews so what new and improved god do you worship? Since you have created a new god to be what you want then you should know that your god is not real to any one except you
I don't "worship" anything like that. Except positivity maybe. Something alot of people these days don't seem to have enough of.
Anyway, You seem to have created some sort of imaginary something however. Mostly it seems so that you can use it to try and insult people with.

Why would you want to do something like that? That makes you no better than your perceived lump and label box of stereotpyed "Christians" you seem to like to hate on, as if every "Christian" were some sort of bad person.

Why would you assume such a negative perspective of any "group" as a whole?

That would on par with looking at a bushel of apples, and calling them all "bad". Why would any logical, rational, sane person, with even a hint of a brain, assume such nonsense?
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

#96669 Mar 20, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>With the new testament they created a new and improved god that loves them.
Please do not speak for others, unless requested to, it's rude and disrespectful.
I already stated I find the OT to suffice for learning some history of civilizations over the course of time as we know it. That's about it. And to dwell redundently on the negativity of it, I find almost to be a sort of socio-illogical illness. Why would anyone wish to keep harping, over and over, about such negativity?
Really. Why would anyone want to do that unto themselves even?

Which is why I much prefer the writings of the New Testament. Why stay mired in darkness, when one doesn't have to? It's not psychologically healthy. Enlightenment is by far, a much nicer state of choice to exist in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 1 hr Walk with God 690
'Harlan's Got Talent' coming next year 8 hr FriedTaters 6
Narcotics Anonymous Meetings Corbin (Aug '10) 12 hr Eric 9
Where to sign up your children for Christmas as... Fri christmas help 3
Asphalt repair Fri Matt Dalek 3
"OUR" Sheriff STAYS LOST!!!! Thu cje 1
Kynect Blog and Information Nov 20 KG4KBU 2
Corbin Dating
Find my Match

Corbin People Search