Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,883

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#85221 Aug 7, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Now then moving right along... Let's meet some members of the Lazarus Taxon.... Coelacanth: Darwin's missing link fish! Thought to extinct 65 million years ago... Alive and well today and guess what?... No legs! No signs of evolution what so ever!!... The Laotian Rock Rat: 11.5 million years gone shows up alive and well... No signs of any mutation...wow... Gracilidris: These ants were thought to be extinct 15 million years ago... Found alive and well... No signs of evolving... There are plenty if examples of wild and plant life thought to be long gone only to be discovered and found to go though no changes over millions of years... Care to explain?
Who said Coelacanth had to have legs at 65 mya? The fish that came to land was
Tiktaalik about 375 mya. Coelacanth may be just a cousin of Tiktaalik. No need for distant cousin to have the same exact traits.

Some species need no changes to survive. Evolution does not claim anything you are disputing.
I doubt roaches have changed much either. Did they need to? Alligators have no changed much in hundreds of millions of years. They work well without change.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#85222 Aug 7, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You just hate science. Are you afraid they may discover something else that make the gap for your god smaller?
Since the bible claims heaven is above the earth, in the clouds, it did make the gap smaller because it did not see heaven, angels, or god
NUTS

Frankfort, KY

#85223 Aug 7, 2012
You people are NUTS!!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#85224 Aug 7, 2012
If Jesus died for all of our sins to be forgiven;
There is no reason to go to church,
There is no reason to ask for forgiveness ,
You can do what ever you want-right or wrong,
Everyone goes to heaven- including murderers and rapist,
I can say "fuck your non-existent god" and still go to heaven-if it existed.

Logic applied to religion, always good for a laugh

Paul Andrew Ryan

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85225 Aug 7, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey if you believe complex working systems can arise without intelligence then great but the burden of proof is yours... Good luck...
Evolution is not making this claim. I am not making this claim.
You and religion are making the claim complex systems must come from intelligence. Thus the burden of proof is upon you.

But you cannot. You cannot show evidence for an intelligent creator. So why keep making the claim? ID is that claim. Creationism is that claim. There is absolutely zero evidence for the claim. Yet you and many other make the claim and wish for the claim to be in science classrooms.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85226 Aug 7, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying evolution didn't happen... I'm saying it's not possible without some kind of force we don't understand... Science can't explain the current model... To say it does is a falsehood... It not just far fetched... It's ridiculous... Call it whatever you wish... God, Gods, or even aliens... But no way does random chance work...
See, you are making a claim you have zero evidence for. You cannot show an intelligent force must be needed. Gaps are not evidence.
If gaps were evidence, your god would be proven false.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#85227 Aug 7, 2012
NUTS wrote:
You people are NUTS!!
Hell is empty and all of the Demons are here

William Shakespeare
defender

London, KY

#85228 Aug 7, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Who said Coelacanth had to have legs at 65 mya? The fish that came to land was
Tiktaalik about 375 mya. Coelacanth may be just a cousin of Tiktaalik. No need for distant cousin to have the same exact traits.

Some species need no changes to survive. Evolution does not claim anything you are disputing.
I doubt roaches have changed much either. Did they need to? Alligators have no changed much in hundreds of millions of years. They work well without change.
Hey thanks I had forgotten about old Tiktaalik ... Yet another missing link proven sham!!... Yes bones are found in Tiktaalik's fins ... But what our honest buddies don't tell you is that these bones were NOT attached to the skeleton thus not allowing these so called new legs to support the Tiktaalik on land... And the hits just keep coming!! Nice try though..

“For Heaven's Sake”

Since: Jan 12

Monastery Brewery

#85229 Aug 7, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Hell is empty and all of the Demons are here
William Shakespeare
No. You're just little juvenile wanna be bads. You've got nothing on the real thing.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#85230 Aug 7, 2012
Drunk_Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You're just little juvenile wanna be bads. You've got nothing on the real thing.
I am almost 50 and have been a Priest for 20 years And a Satanist for 32 years. I have a Satanic church.
I am not a juvie wanna be. I am the REAL THING

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#85233 Aug 7, 2012
Hate em wrote:
Satanic Priest is a coward...wont fight like a man
Said by a person hiding behind a fake name on the computer... That don't even have the courage to register... Chicken shyte little basement dweller...
defender

London, KY

#85234 Aug 7, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Said by a person hiding behind a fake name on the computer... That don't even have the courage to register... Chicken shyte little basement dweller...
Spoken by the man who won't even play a game of chess...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#85235 Aug 7, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken by the man who won't even play a game of chess...
I have no problem playing a game of chess... I have a problem meeting anonymous qweebs from the Internet when they hide behind the screen and act like idiots... I don't wanta hang out with such people... Sorry, no matter how cute you think I am, I still like girls....
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85236 Aug 7, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You forget, I do not believe the bibles commands are of good.
Does Jesus say for you to be the morality police? I do not remember seeing such in the bible. Please show us the passage that commands you to do this?
I believe in freedom. If something is immoral but it is of consent between the parties, I do not feel it is my place to force compliance. It hurts no one. It does not affect you one single bit.
" It should have NEVER gotten a foothold in America in the first place,"
Really? So what would you have suggested to keep "it' from getting a foothold in America?
Would you have done what Hitler tried to do to keep "it' from getting a foothold in Germany?
"You forget, I do not believe the bibles commands are of good"
No! I did not forget that you believe Nature says it's ok for people to go against nature!
That Lying, stealing, Cheating, and shaking your fist at God is second nature to you, and the Liberal left!
"Does Jesus say for you to be the morality police? I do not remember seeing such in the bible. Please show us the passage that commands you to do this?"
Romans has plenty to say on this subject... but as you've said... you do not believe the Bible
to have Good commands in it, so even if I had a Quote of Jesus telling us to keep our nation clean, you would care anyways!
I will tell you this way... We are on a large boat, floating throgh space!
We've got systems to move our waist out of the cities! Why do we do this?
When you find that answer... you'll have the answer to the question!
"I believe in freedom. If something is immoral but it is of consent between the parties, I do not feel it is my place to force compliance. It hurts no one. It does not affect you one single bit."
Wrong! IF they kept it in their own homes, and never leaked out to the world, then MAYBE!
But it hasn't! Here is just one link of many on the effects upon children in homosexual homes...
Do with it as you will!
http://www.orthodoxytoday.org/articles/Dailey...
" So what would you have suggested to keep "it' from getting a foothold in America?"
First off... We'd have only God fearing people in office... The first time you lied, cheated, messed around in office... would be your last, and the last time you'd hold office!
Like in prop8... the people spoke! and a gay judge overturned it!
That was Wrong! That's like a drugie judge legalizing drugs...
"Would you have done what Hitler tried to do to keep "it' from getting a foothold in Germany?"
You forget! Hitler was a fan of Eugenics, that stems form your friend Derwoods book, and
You can look up the word, and get all the nasty nazi info you want on it!
No! we/I wouldn't kill anyone for.... Anything (Maybe self-defence)...
See! I know Jesus' return is right around the corner, and I don't have to do anything about it...
He will!
That's what we Warn you About...
Believe as you like!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85237 Aug 7, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Promise? So you are giving up on your 'only' mission in life? Thank god.
Hahahaha!
You are still a tard!
So... I'm kind of tired reminding you that you are a tard with EVERY post you make, so...
When you post to me (especially when it's to another poster)
Just imagine me replying with
"Hahahaha, you are such a Tard!"
That way it will save me a bunch of time, and typing!
Mmmmk?
Now... rest assured that I'll pop in on your posts once in a while
whe you post something really,really,really,really stupid!
That should cut my typing in half!
Good day!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85238 Aug 7, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Very good, and no instructions by anyone needed. We no longer look to the gods and wonder why it is making the wind blow. Gap closed. No longer a need to insert a god into that gap of knowledge.
Now just learn a lesson from that please?
Yes!
With every post you make...
God is real :-)
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85239 Aug 7, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You missed the point again!
It should NEVER have been a problem to begain with!
The Difference between Righteousness, and Un-righteousness!
You might have to get someone to explain that to ya!
Again, how can you stop it?
The problem comes in when people try to force their likes and dislikes as righteousness. Dont like women who do not wear that new invention called a bra? Call it a sin, do not like to dance? Call it unrighteous, can not understand math? Say science is of the devil WE WILL ALWAYS STAND GUARD AGAINST YOU FREAKS!
http://exgaygodsway.blogspot.c om/
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85240 Aug 7, 2012
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85242 Aug 7, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Name something taught in the Bible that is useful that isn't taught in other ways.
Genesis 1:1
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85243 Aug 7, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree with your numbers... In the last 5000 years we have lost several hundred species of mammals and Avians... Plus several 1000 species of Insects and Reptilians.... And your number is a bit off from the start as there are an estimated six to ten million species of insect, but only a million or so have been scientifically described. That size boat cannot hold 2 of each Bug on the planet much less all the fish, snakes, birds, turtles, elephants and Wildebeests .....
Fish???
Hahahaha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Mattlock 20 min Please 1
High quality diesel, low price at BP&Mararhon 46 min local 3
Above the law 6 hr really?? 3
Felts Music Place 6 hr Patriot 2
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 14 hr Walk with God 721
2 Beroom apt. for rent 370.00 a month plus depo... Wed Whitney 2
Downtown Wi-Fi Dec 17 Ask 1
Corbin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web