Taco Tico Moving!!!!
FYI

United States

#1 Jan 12, 2013
Just heard that tonights the last night for Taco Tico in Corbin...They are moving to London. The old Taco Tico building is being torn down for the new Marshall's thats going in where the old movie theater was. Its not going to be a TJ Maxx like everyone thought....Its a Marshall's which is owned by TJ Maxx.

Thought everyone would like to know!
umm

Lake Geneva, WI

#6 Jan 13, 2013
Yea it's been getting ready to move for a month or two. My friends' grandma is the manager there and they are NOT treated right at that place!
Bad Karma

Whitley City, KY

#7 Jan 13, 2013
That was the worst taco-joint in the nation.Glad to see it go.Last time I ate from there I ordered from drive thru,got home and the tacos only had lettuce in them and the burritos were just rolled up shells with nothing in them.I went back in and showed the employees what I got and they just laughed and asked if I wanted to buy more.Even the manager did not care.That was about 12 years ago and never went back.
What the heck

Murray, KY

#13 Jan 14, 2013
Went by taco tico today and it was still open! It's not closed yet!
love

London, KY

#14 Jan 14, 2013
Where is it going to be in London?
Yoyo

Dyer, TN

#15 Jan 14, 2013
umm wrote:
Yea it's been getting ready to move for a month or two. My friends' grandma is the manager there and they are NOT treated right at that place!
I think they are lien cause if they not treated right why they going with him to london ummm
Jim Thompson

Austin, TX

#16 Jan 17, 2013
food blogger reverse engineered the taco meat recipe

Taco Tico Meat
1 pound hamburger
1 cup water
1/3 cup oatmeal, briefly pulsed in the coffee grinder
2 T butter
1 t chili powder
1/4 t pepper
1/8th t MSG
1 t onion salt
1/2 t garlic salt
1/4 t ground cumin
1/2 t salt
1 t vinegar
Its already closed

Richmond, KY

#17 Jan 17, 2013
Just come from pennys and Taco Tico is already closed their doors.
long time customer

Green Bay, WI

#19 Jan 24, 2013
Kind of sad. That place has been in the shopping center for a long time. I will miss it.
customer

Dyer, TN

#20 Jan 24, 2013
not ate there in several years but it was the place to go when I was a teenager with not much money,they always were nice to me even tho I didnt have much money to spend
mexi

Murray, KY

#21 Jan 24, 2013
I sure will miss there loaded mexi fries and loaded nachos YUMMY!!!! My whole family loved it and the taco burgers cant forget them!! Sad to see them go :(
Well

United States

#22 Jan 24, 2013
mexi wrote:
I sure will miss there loaded mexi fries and loaded nachos YUMMY!!!! My whole family loved it and the taco burgers cant forget them!! Sad to see them go :(
Yes! Me too!! Does anybody know where in London they're located now?
Kyurem Ex

Waco, KY

#23 Jan 24, 2013
go straight through the lights at intersection past South Laurel High School, just past Sonic on te right.
Well

United States

#24 Jan 24, 2013
Kyurem Ex wrote:
go straight through the lights at intersection past South Laurel High School, just past Sonic on te right.
Thanks!:)
Jim Thompson

Austin, TX

#25 Feb 3, 2013
dontbelieveit

United States

#26 Feb 3, 2013
They aren't in London yet and when I drove through the other day the sign at the supposed new location still said for lease. Why move to a town that already has two taco bells and numerous other dine in mexican places?
Hmmm

United States

#28 Feb 3, 2013
I heard they moved because Marshall's is building a store in trademart, but I drove by there yesterday and the building is for lease. Their story does not add up .

Since: Mar 16

Stone Mountain, GA

#32 Apr 23, 2016
Even though this post was 3 years ago, the taco tico still sits empty on this very day. I figured that would happen

Since: Apr 16

Flat Lick, KY

#33 Apr 25, 2016
I ate there one time and they are expensive as hell and the food aint worth how much they charge for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 9 min Walk with God 1,218
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr LMS 148,451
Reece Monument Company 6 hr Concerned 9
Chey 8 hr Crazy 6
Mike Brown 8 hr Jeffy Joffa 8
Stabbing in Grays 19 hr Mee 4
"23 Blast" the untold story Jerry Baker 20 hr Cotton 3
23 blast movie. What a joke! (Mar '12) Sun gaoneal02 201
More from around the web

Personal Finance