Citizen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

So how much is the city getting in taxes off the sale of alcohol? Can anyone give a good estimate on a per day basis?
Hmmm

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

After using analytic methodology and comparable city by city revenue graphs, I would say a shitload. Or cash by the wheelbarrow, if you prefer.
Citizen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Seriously, do you think the city will take in $100,000 in tax revenue? More? I heard that Rite Aid sold $17,000 of beer on the first day.
camp out

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Citizen wrote:
Seriously, do you think the city will take in $100,000 in tax revenue? More? I heard that Rite Aid sold $17,000 of beer on the first day.
paul taylor paid the city of danville almost $200,000 last year. Thats from 1 liquor store...
conehead

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Citizen wrote:
the city will take in more than $100,000 from one liquor store. Thats something the pastors in corbin blatantly lied about. Funny none of their congregation mind being told lies.
Really

Martin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

conehead wrote:
<quoted text> the city will take in more than $100,000 from one liquor store. Thats something the pastors in corbin blatantly lied about. Funny none of their congregation mind being told lies.
In order for the city to take in $100,000 that much from one liqour store it would need to do $2.5 million in sales. Just saying... I don't for see... that much at one store.
conehead

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

The liquor mart in richmond sells over $100,000 on some days.
conehead

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

From the newsjournal

http://www.thenewsjournal.net/details.cfm...

"we employ between 15 and 25 people per store. Between danville and lancaster we pay $350,000 a year in taxes to those cities."

According to Taylor, his stores do roughly $25 million in sales annually.

Taylor has 5 stores I believe. Thats 5 million a year per store.

Looks like facts prevail again!
conehead

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
In order for the city to take in $100,000 that much from one liqour store it would need to do $2.5 million in sales. Just saying... I don't for see... that much at one store.
you dont for see very well...
Every Penny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

The city must rake in every penny it can get to help satisfy the tremendous debt and pay the expenses to keep up the Arena. The tax revenue from alcohol sales should keep the city solvent assuming there is not another idiotic idea that surfaces like The Arena.

A package store at the South Corbin exit and visible to I-75 will do in excess of nine million a year in gross sales and generate in excess of $475,000 in tax revenue to the city.

Projections are similar but slightly below for a package store on Cumberland Gap Parkway.
someonewhoknows

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

dont forget the knox county side of the tax will go to barbourville thank you !:)
well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

someonewhoknows wrote:
dont forget the knox county side of the tax will go to barbourville thank you !:)
There is no Knox Co side of tax. It's all city !
ghostbuster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

someonewhoknows wrote:
you're pretty smart...what do you expect from barbourville?
Read

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

If my memory is correct, Danville collected taxes on 22 million dollars of alcohol sales. Considering several ccounties joining Boyle county are wet, Corbin should sell more than Danville. The City of Corbin should receive over a million dollars each year. Looks like those who claimed Frankfort got all the money were, at least, ill informed, or at worst, out right liars. Watch Corbin grow and London decline. We will get to see what economic effect alcohol has on a community.
ghostbuster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

Read wrote:
If my memory is correct, Danville collected taxes on 22 million dollars of alcohol sales. Considering several ccounties joining Boyle county are wet, Corbin should sell more than Danville. The City of Corbin should receive over a million dollars each year. Looks like those who claimed Frankfort got all the money were, at least, ill informed, or at worst, out right liars. Watch Corbin grow and London decline. We will get to see what economic effect alcohol has on a community.
those were the lies being told by the pastors at the head of concerned citizens of corbin. Even after you tell these people the truth they still deny it simply because their pastor says differently. Thats how small minded and blind they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Corbin Forum right now

Search the Corbin Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min DITCH MITCH 146,997
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min AAA 128,954
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 2 hr Walk with God 650
alternative to eastern cable in corbin/gray area 9 hr NO JOKE 11
Sammy's Furniture 10 hr Hmmm 2
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 11 hr _-_Nope_-_ 81,562
WANTED male miniature pinscher to mate with my ... (Mar '09) 13 hr Eduardo 63
•••
•••
•••
Corbin Dating

more search filters

less search filters