corbin drive-in theater

Posted in the Corbin Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
drivinnow

AOL

#1 Oct 6, 2008
Like to know anything anyone can tell me about the closed down corbin drive-in theater as far as is it up for sale, lease..is anything still standing on property ,,concession stand, screen or marquee..I'm seeking a old drive-in to reopen...thank's..cantact me at [email protected]
Curious

Anderson, SC

#2 Oct 6, 2008
That would be awesome. There are people in our area that talk about the drive in alot, wishing it were still open. I would be glad to try to find out info for you. I would imagine that some of the local realtors might know. I can send you numbers if you would like.
drivinnow

AOL

#3 Oct 6, 2008
Thank's ...would like anything you can find out on it..
drivinnow

AOL

#4 Oct 6, 2008
still would like any imformation anyone can offer on corbin drive-in theater...thanks
imus

Frankfort, KY

#5 Oct 6, 2008
you can casll the people at corbin ice co. they can tell you about it
Corbin fan

Corbin, KY

#6 Oct 6, 2008
They took the screen down to insurance/liability concerns. Call Corbin Ice Co., the family that owns it also owned the drive-in and the Ice co. is located on the property.
bigbear

London, KY

#7 Oct 6, 2008
my father-inlaw ran the movies there for years and years james bonter owens it .he has passed away .you would need to talk to his son i think he has it now
Whitley Co Citizen 01

Corbin, KY

#8 Oct 6, 2008
You need to call Greg Botner at Corbin Ice Co. He owns it now.
people

Brownsville, TN

#9 Oct 6, 2008
drivinnow wrote:
Like to know anything anyone can tell me about the closed down corbin drive-in theater as far as is it up for sale, lease..is anything still standing on property ,,concession stand, screen or marquee..I'm seeking a old drive-in to reopen...thank's..cantact me at [email protected]
my husband works at the ice company which i think the drive in is on so try contacting jreg botner...
agree

United States

#10 Oct 6, 2008
I miss the dirve-in. I think it would be awsome to have one in Corbin again.
Yup

Middlesboro, KY

#11 Oct 6, 2008
You'd better off to start from scratch. One of the things that killed Corbin's drive-in was bright security lights on the adjacent properties. They completely washed out the screen. Another problem is the grading. The Botners attempted to open a go-cart track on the property so the ramps/berms have been graded down. There is also a structure in the middle of the lot that was part of the go-cart track.

Hope this helps with your decision.
HCC135

Gorham, IL

#12 Oct 6, 2008
drivinnow wrote:
It would be great if you could reopen the drive in! Everyone misses it so much! If you find anything out please post and let everyone know!
who knows

Anderson, SC

#13 Oct 6, 2008
I really would like for the drive in to be opened again it was a nice place for ppl to go and there is no where else like that anymore except for places that want like 6 dollars a ticket that would be awsome when i was little i always wondered who lived in the house behind there i always wondered if they could watch the movie from there LOL....but plz reopen it
Laura

Jeffersonville, IN

#14 Oct 6, 2008
I used to live next door to the drive in, it was awesome! I'd totally go every weekend if it was reopened!
redsun

London, KY

#15 Oct 6, 2008
i loved it at want a new one
nonya

Somerset, KY

#16 Oct 12, 2008
I use to love the old drive in. I would think it would be great for someone to come in and reopen it. A for sure $$$$ maker
sss

Somerset, KY

#17 Oct 12, 2008
i think one of my kids was conceived there
redsun

Somerset, KY

#18 Oct 12, 2008
i think so id even like to see them do retro from time to time..
i would know

Somerset, KY

#19 Oct 13, 2008
Yup wrote:
You'd better off to start from scratch. One of the things that killed Corbin's drive-in was bright security lights on the adjacent properties. They completely washed out the screen. Another problem is the grading. The Botners attempted to open a go-cart track on the property so the ramps/berms have been graded down. There is also a structure in the middle of the lot that was part of the go-cart track.
Hope this helps with your decision.
the botners didnt own the go-cart track they leased it to a bunch of ppl that tried to open the go cart track
who knows

United States

#20 Oct 13, 2008
This would be awesome. i would love to see it or another one opened in the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Strel 163,203
Baptist Hospital and cheating 5 hr Dude 22
alicia johnson have not seen her in a long time (Aug '09) 6 hr Wondering 9
Chuck Felts 6 hr Gina 2
Rape investigation in newspaper 8 hr eat it 2
home wreckers at aisin automotive 9 hr Lol 36
Ashley 10 hr Curious 1

Corbin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance