Single Mom

Chicago, IL

#1 Feb 20, 2013
I'm a single mother of 3 and am in desparate need of financial aid. Does anyone know of a Church or local gruop that can committ to give me monthly assistance. None of my children's fathers will pay me child support and my current boyfriend can't find a job because of his drug record. His ex-wife keeps dragging him back to court to increase his child support on her kids so he never has any money to help with my children. We also have a baby due in June. We need a 4 bed room house but HUD has only approved us for $700.00 a month. I draw only $715 in SSI and really need help. Please let me know if any church will support us. God Bless You.
mother

Middlesboro, KY

#2 Feb 20, 2013
I hope youj rot in hell. You make more money between hud and ssi than I make a month working my ass off, and I don't have a drug addicted boyfriend!
Raven

Houston, TX

#4 Feb 20, 2013
"Single Mom", you are probably going to receive a quantity of heated replies from this audacious post but seeing as your life is filled with a complete lack of judgement, you're probably not understanding why you are going to quickly become a very hated woman. Allow me to elucidate.

There's something you're failing to understand as you careen carelessly through your life. It's called "responsibility". I can understand making a mistake. "Oops, I got pregnant. I'm going to need some help to get out of this jam." But once you've accumulated multiple babies' daddies, you've gone beyond mistake and into stupidity. What's worse, KNOWING you can't afford the three mistakes you've already made (not including your addict lover... I'll get to that), you've gone and gotten pregnant again? You are getting more in government assistance than a large amount of people who are out there busting their asses for a meager living while taking care of their kids and probably trying to go to school so they can make a better life for themselves.

So, you see, people are going to be mighty ticked that you are asking for yet more money when you already have plenty that you don't even deserve. If you cannot take care of your children on what you have, you should look into adoption because no amount of money is going to be enough. You are already taking advantage of the American people and now you're trying to scam a church.

You do -NOT- need a 4 bedroom house. You -want- a four bedroom house. My family was dirt poor my entire childhood and the five of us lived in one and two bedroom apartments and we all managed just fine. What you -need- is to ditch your addict boyfriend, figure out a budget and a realistic place to live, get financial aid, go back to school and make something of yourself and quit mooching off the world... we don't owe you anything. Also, a tube-tying and a solid smack in the face wouldn't be amiss.

Just from your little paragraph, anyone with even a low IQ can tell that you have made bad decision after bad decision. It's time to grow up. You're the mother of four precious children and you need to start setting an example. Otherwise, those poor babies are going to grow up to be just like you and your addict boyfriend are now: poisonous leeches sucking off society and despised by every one they meet. If you love your children, don't do that to them. Love them and take care of them and do it yourself. Teach them the positive things they can do if they put their minds to it.

And before I see a bunch of boohooing about some disability or other (I see your SSI claim), that is no excuse. I know quadriplegics who have jobs and contribute in a positive manner to society. I have family members who have debilitating illnesses and injuries who are going to school or trying to contribute or better themselves in other ways. Quit making excuses and take control of your life. Do it for your sake. Do it for your children sake. Do it because God gave you the tools to accomplish what you need to without hurting others. But get up and do it.
wow

London, KY

#5 Feb 20, 2013
My husband works his butt off for us..We live in a 2 bedroom 1 bath..We have 2 kids and its cramped but we make due because that's all we can afford right now..We don't get foodstamps or any type of help!! I got my tubes tied because we don't want any more kids and can't afford it.. This makes me sick that you get that money money and you sit on your butt!
here's a idea

London, KY

#6 Feb 20, 2013
Raven wrote:
"Single Mom", you are probably going to receive a quantity of heated replies from this audacious post but seeing as your life is filled with a complete lack of judgement, you're probably not understanding why you are going to quickly become a very hated woman. Allow me to elucidate.

There's something you're failing to understand as you careen carelessly through your life. It's called "responsibility". I can understand making a mistake. "Oops, I got pregnant. I'm going to need some help to get out of this jam." But once you've accumulated multiple babies' daddies, you've gone beyond mistake and into stupidity. What's worse, KNOWING you can't afford the three mistakes you've already made (not including your addict lover... I'll get to that), you've gone and gotten pregnant again? You are getting more in government assistance than a large amount of people who are out there busting their asses for a meager living while taking care of their kids and probably trying to go to school so they can make a better life for themselves.

So, you see, people are going to be mighty ticked that you are asking for yet more money when you already have plenty that you don't even deserve. If you cannot take care of your children on what you have, you should look into adoption because no amount of money is going to be enough. You are already taking advantage of the American people and now you're trying to scam a church.

You do -NOT- need a 4 bedroom house. You -want- a four bedroom house. My family was dirt poor my entire childhood and the five of us lived in one and two bedroom apartments and we all managed just fine. What you -need- is to ditch your addict boyfriend, figure out a budget and a realistic place to live, get financial aid, go back to school and make something of yourself and quit mooching off the world... we don't owe you anything. Also, a tube-tying and a solid smack in the face wouldn't be amiss.

Just from your little paragraph, anyone with even a low IQ can tell that you have made bad decision after bad decision. It's time to grow up. You're the mother of four precious children and you need to start setting an example. Otherwise, those poor babies are going to grow up to be just like you and your addict boyfriend are now: poisonous leeches sucking off society and despised by every one they meet. If you love your children, don't do that to them. Love them and take care of them and do it yourself. Teach them the positive things they can do if they put their minds to it.

And before I see a bunch of boohooing about some disability or other (I see your SSI claim), that is no excuse. I know quadriplegics who have jobs and contribute in a positive manner to society. I have family members who have debilitating illnesses and injuries who are going to school or trying to contribute or better themselves in other ways. Quit making excuses and take control of your life. Do it for your sake. Do it for your children sake. Do it because God gave you the tools to accomplish what you need to without hurting others. But get up and do it.
Well said!!!!!
u r lucky one

United States

#7 Feb 20, 2013
Single Mom wrote:
I'm a single mother of 3 and am in desparate need of financial aid. Does anyone know of a Church or local gruop that can committ to give me monthly assistance. None of my children's fathers will pay me child support and my current boyfriend can't find a job because of his drug record. His ex-wife keeps dragging him back to court to increase his child support on her kids so he never has any money to help with my children. We also have a baby due in June. We need a 4 bed room house but HUD has only approved us for $700.00 a month. I draw only $715 in SSI and really need help. Please let me know if any church will support us. God Bless You.
with your hud, ssi and stamps you must be bringing in about $2000+ a month and im sure with medical assistance, and heating assistance on top of all that. you so more fortunate than many. i am living in a one room bldg with no water or toilet for couple years now. have worked off and on and have run out of unemployment with no promising job prospects & money running out. even on barely over minimum wage i can not afford to take on the expense of an apt on top of other bills. dont know how i will get out of this mess or when, but am just holding on to hope and faith that one day i will. i also have medical issues that limit what type of jobs i am able to look for or take. my dr has recommended that i apply for disability, but being single this is nearly impossible, because there is no way to pay any bills while waiting. trying to take on a disability case alone with no one else working and keeping up with bills is a joke and an impossiblility. so i dont like being judgmental or being judged myself, but im not clear on this monthly assistance you are askin for. your approved for $700 hud, you receive ssi, and i can only guess that you receive the medical assistance, food stamps and heating assistance. this is just a guess also, that you somehow managed to get a big tax refund? good luck to you!
Raven

Houston, TX

#8 Feb 20, 2013
u r lucky one wrote:
<quoted text>with your hud, ssi and stamps you must be bringing in about $2000+ a month and im sure with medical assistance, and heating assistance on top of all that. you so more fortunate than many. i am living in a one room bldg with no water or toilet for couple years now. have worked off and on and have run out of unemployment with no promising job prospects & money running out. even on barely over minimum wage i can not afford to take on the expense of an apt on top of other bills. dont know how i will get out of this mess or when, but am just holding on to hope and faith that one day i will. i also have medical issues that limit what type of jobs i am able to look for or take. my dr has recommended that i apply for disability, but being single this is nearly impossible, because there is no way to pay any bills while waiting. trying to take on a disability case alone with no one else working and keeping up with bills is a joke and an impossiblility. so i dont like being judgmental or being judged myself, but im not clear on this monthly assistance you are askin for. your approved for $700 hud, you receive ssi, and i can only guess that you receive the medical assistance, food stamps and heating assistance. this is just a guess also, that you somehow managed to get a big tax refund? good luck to you!
There is a huge difference between judgement and righteous anger. Were it not for the thousands and thousands needlessly sponging off the system, there would be programs and money in place to help out those who, like yourself, through no fault of their own, have fallen on hard times. Most Americans would gladly help out such people. What Americans (all people, really) hate is getting scammed and used. The OP (original poster) is scamming and using all of us. That's not judgement, that's fact. Angry retorts at her further abuse is not judgement, that's frustration and knee-jerk reaction to financial pain inflicted by a con.
Single Mom

Chicago, IL

#9 Feb 21, 2013
I'm sorry i have made so many of you upset but i'm not asking for money for me its for my children and for my un-born child. surely you would not hurt them and not let them have the necessities of life because of me. Also my fiance' no longer has a drug problem. he goes to the North Corbin methodone clinic every morning to stay clean. But if we dont get some funds he may have to quit going because he cannot pay his brother to drive him back and forth. We dont have a car and have to pay family members to drive us around or pay taxis drivers. If just a couple of Churches or city programs could pay us each month then we can budget our payments and live like real Americans should. President Obama says we have these rights. i dont mean to get into poltics but we need help. Please understand and be more caring like it says in the bible.
Just Saying

Sheridan, AR

#10 Feb 21, 2013
I dont think Single Mom is real, think its a smart arss being funny while proving major issues this country has
u r lucky one

United States

#11 Feb 21, 2013
Single Mom wrote:
I'm sorry i have made so many of you upset but i'm not asking for money for me its for my children and for my un-born child. surely you would not hurt them and not let them have the necessities of life because of me. Also my fiance' no longer has a drug problem. he goes to the North Corbin methodone clinic every morning to stay clean. But if we dont get some funds he may have to quit going because he cannot pay his brother to drive him back and forth. We dont have a car and have to pay family members to drive us around or pay taxis drivers. If just a couple of Churches or city programs could pay us each month then we can budget our payments and live like real Americans should. President Obama says we have these rights. i dont mean to get into poltics but we need help. Please understand and be more caring like it says in the bible.
you have not upset me.it is the economy and attitudes of some of the rich who seem to think they need more more more while majority of americans live in sub standard conditions whether working hard or getting assistance. the rich seem think they need more for boats, vacations, cars, top medical, toys etc while everyone else just wants to be able to pay bills, put food on table, have affordable access to medical, afford their medications, and maybe a few extras. i try not to judge, everyone has a different set of situations and reasons for where they are. there is always someone else worse off than you are. im sure there is someone worse off than myself. i have a dry bldg to stay in, there may be some that dont even have that. they keep trying to convince us that we are in a recovery. surely they do not expect us to just believe that with all the despair witnessed everyday. and now they want to throw mandatory health insurance on top of expenses we already can not afford. and to add insult they tack on a fine because you can not afford insurance. what does that provide or solve? its just taking more from the poorest, and there is not much left to take. i dont even get enough of a refund to pay a fine, so dont know how they will ge it from me. imagine they will add it to my tax return and expect me to pay it and add interest when i can not. they just keep digging the hole deeper and making it impossible to get out. this country is drowning in pure greediness and taking the whole country down.
Raven

Houston, TX

#13 Feb 21, 2013
Single Mom wrote:
I am not a "smart arss" I am just conducting an experiment to see how many loosers would respond to my post with responses talking about how hard they work and how they have to "make due" on nothing while folks like "Single Mom" scam the system. These "Hard Woring Real Americans" sure seem to have a lot of time to waste on the internet, don't they? LOL!!!(Just like Single Mom does).
I know you're trying to insult us, but I'm not sure what your point is meant to be. Are you offended that someone took time out of their schedule to attempt to right a wrong? Is it because people are rightly upset that "Single Mom" is making more money for doing nothing than people who are killing themselves at jobs they hate to make ends meet and provide for their children? Or is it simply that I can spell and have a decent command of the English language while you flail helplessly with simple words like "loser"?

Your post makes no sense. And if you are the OP, which you could just be a troll posting as the OP, if you want to experiment with the decency of mankind, you may want to try a larger and less focused forum than Corbin, KY. You would be eaten alive by such forums, which explains why you are here harassing decent folk to no good intent or end. Get a life.
Single Mom

Chicago, IL

#14 Feb 21, 2013
Yes, I'm insulting you.
Raven

Houston, TX

#15 Feb 21, 2013
"The wretch, concentred all in self,
Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And, doubly dying, shall go down
To the vile dust from whence he sprung,
Unwept, unhonored, and unsung."

~Sir Walter Scott

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best athlete from Corbin High? (Aug '08) 47 min Shiela sluttson 220
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 48 min Obama Zombies 155,436
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Truth 7,184
News Flash 5 hr Hey 5
KU electric 7 hr woohoo 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 hr Athenesword 131,107
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 10 hr Big Stevie 81,660

Corbin Jobs

Corbin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Corbin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Corbin

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]