City puts the BRAKES on Lundy!

City puts the BRAKES on Lundy!

Posted in the Corbin Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
what

Somerset, KY

#2 Feb 4, 2009
What Happened?
city slicker

Middlesboro, KY

#3 Feb 4, 2009
maybe because it isn't appropriate for someone to assume they have a job that hasn't been given to them yet. remember what happend when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me.
rumors

Somerset, KY

#4 Feb 4, 2009
Rumor has it, if lundy does make cheif there gonna be allot resignations from the officers.
woodbine girl

Middlesboro, KY

#5 Feb 4, 2009
so what!theres more 4 the job..steve is the right person 4 the job.
mom

Knoxville, TN

#6 Feb 4, 2009
city slicker wrote:
maybe because it isn't appropriate for someone to assume they have a job that hasn't been given to them yet. remember what happend when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me.
that little play on "assume" is a saying I have always loved :-D and SO TRUE!
jback

Somerset, KY

#7 Feb 4, 2009
I know him and dont think he needs that job...The power has already went to his head...If he was cheif, lord..what a power trip!
Voter Power

London, KY

#8 Feb 4, 2009
If the Mayor and the City Council members want to get re-elected they will not put Steve Lundy in as Chief. Corbin has a pretty good Police Department, But I do not think Steve Lundy is capable of leading these guys in the right direction. The Officers are afraid to do their job because of Lundy. Put someone in their who will support the Department, not tear it appart.
Someone

Middlesboro, KY

#9 Feb 4, 2009
If everyone will think back there have been more officers left at Corbin pd than any other police dept....Can you say why????? Everyone knows why but no one has the balls to say it...
Curious

Corbin, KY

#10 Feb 4, 2009
Someone wrote:
If everyone will think back there have been more officers left at Corbin pd than any other police dept....Can you say why????? Everyone knows why but no one has the balls to say it...
Do you?
CLUELESS

Middlesboro, KY

#11 Feb 4, 2009
Voter Power wrote:
If the Mayor and the City Council members want to get re-elected they will not put Steve Lundy in as Chief. Corbin has a pretty good Police Department, But I do not think Steve Lundy is capable of leading these guys in the right direction. The Officers are afraid to do their job because of Lundy. Put someone in their who will support the Department, not tear it appart.
From what I hear Lundy has practically been running the dept. for the past few years. Of course not taking anything away from Carson, but it bet if you asked any of the officers who they go to when there is a problem they would say Lundy
concerned

Middlesboro, KY

#12 Feb 4, 2009
rumors wrote:
Rumor has it, if lundy does make cheif there gonna be allot resignations from the officers.
I think you have it all wrong.I think if lundy doesn't get it they will start looking for other jobs.
CorbinOFFICAL

Somerset, KY

#13 Feb 4, 2009
I doubt Lundy will be anything more than what he is now.!
Reality

Jersey City, NJ

#14 Feb 4, 2009
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>I think you have it all wrong.I think if lundy doesn't get it they will start looking for other jobs.
My Thoughts

Resignations? That has to be the most silly and Ignorant point in the last 20 years. Most the folks who are employed at the force better hold on as the economy collaspes and revenue into the cities fall like a rock.

That's right. no revenue means no funding, no funding means your chances of strolling into anywhere USA and getting yourself another job of any type is almost impossible.

I seriously doubt a single person would be dumb enough to resign if Lundy is not given the job, the previous poster is correct. Lundy is lucky to even have a job.
slim31

Lexington, KY

#16 Feb 5, 2009
Most of those officers left the department because of violations thay made and it was either leave or be fired, the reason the others have been there so long is because they are in compliance with state guidelines
Whitley Co Citizen 01

Middlesboro, KY

#17 Feb 5, 2009
No, most who have left have got better paying jobs. I said most, not all.
nomatter

Middlesboro, KY

#18 Feb 5, 2009
no matter what you ppl write on here he will get what they want to give him nothing anyone can do about it!!!I think thst if anyone deserves a better job it should be glen Taylor!! He is the best Corbin cop that there is!
Alls I Know

Waco, KY

#19 Feb 5, 2009
My vote is for Ron Bowling!
Immune

United States

#20 Feb 6, 2009
When it has been said that there is no corruption in the dept....you better look again. I have heard from several officers that they can't raid or arrest certain dealers that "their hands are tied"...what does that mean to you? I would be happier if they hired from outside the dept, but not just from an ajoining county....farther away.
But then...who cares whether I'm happy.
Lady Thinker

Corbin, KY

#21 Feb 6, 2009
Alls I Know wrote:
My vote is for Ron Bowling!
For the love of all that is holy, please say you are joking.
Not this time

Corbin, KY

#22 Feb 6, 2009
Promotions in city positions should not be made based on the amount of time a person has on the job, but rather qualifications and LEADERSHIP skills. Corbin is the worst for promoting for the wrong reason. How about somebody who has both leadership skills and who is very knowledgable in law enforcement, and the training of law enforcement officers? That would rule-out Lundy and Rains. Sadly, Corbin appears to hire/promote based on an individual's ass kissing skills. That said, maybe Lundy or Rains will not be ruled-out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min ChromiuMan 142,416
Toyota plant in Corbin 16 min needing info 1
FOR SALE... Box of newspapers headlines World T... 44 min JENNOX 1
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 45 min Walk with God 913
Nathan Bates (Feb '10) 4 hr Nunnya 3
When is Ross department store in Corbin is expe... (Nov '14) 8 hr sad 18
Found small black dog 14 hr helping lady 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages