Gail Fredrick's Dance Recital

Posted in the Corbin Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
One Mad Momma

Middlesboro, KY

#1 May 28, 2012
My daughter has been at Gail's school of dance for years. In the past I always defended Gail when people said she showed favoritism in her dance line up's, but this year it was blatantly rubbed in everyone's face!! I was mortified!! I had invited family and friends to come watch my daughter dance! What did I get?? Her favorite trio getting the spot light over and over again!!! My child was on stage for approximately 45 seconds in TWO numbers!!!! I was devastated to think of all the time and money I spent this year on dance lessons!! I'm truly hurt! I didn't say a word to my daughter because I didn't want her to be as hurt as I was. Has anyone else experienced this from Gail??
sheeew

Tuscaloosa, AL

#2 May 29, 2012
One Mad Momma wrote:
My daughter has been at Gail's school of dance for years. In the past I always defended Gail when people said she showed favoritism in her dance line up's, but this year it was blatantly rubbed in everyone's face!! I was mortified!! I had invited family and friends to come watch my daughter dance! What did I get?? Her favorite trio getting the spot light over and over again!!! My child was on stage for approximately 45 seconds in TWO numbers!!!! I was devastated to think of all the time and money I spent this year on dance lessons!! I'm truly hurt! I didn't say a word to my daughter because I didn't want her to be as hurt as I was. Has anyone else experienced this from Gail??
the older girls always do more dancing than the rest calm down.
lmao

Winchester, KY

#3 May 29, 2012
I agree
Has Been

Mayfield, KY

#4 May 29, 2012
Why were there 2 girls that have graduated from high school? The Hood girl teaches for Gail and is like 25!!! She needs a life. The Reynolds girl is too old too. If the girls don't know their dance maybe they are doing too many. Re utal was about an hour too long.
for years

Chicago, IL

#5 May 29, 2012
Its been going on for years. I watched the same thing the other night. You can definitely pick out the rich kids, favorite ones because they are always front and center. Also for many years a teacher has ran off many girls and is still teaching. They all need to get a life. I think Ms Gail does a geat job but she doesn't have control over the other teacher and probably doesn't realize what is happening.
What

United States

#6 May 29, 2012
It's common sense you put the better dancers in front.
Great things

Hollywood, FL

#7 May 29, 2012
Needs to be held in the arena for sure!
Tears to my eyes

Hollywood, FL

#8 May 29, 2012
What wrote:
It's common sense you put the better dancers in front.
Very true, down mom least they give your daughter a chance. Wait till they try out an not have to pay to dance what you gonna say. Proud of my lil'n
Upset

United States

#9 May 29, 2012
I was very upset at how unprepared the kids were. They go to dance every week for an entire yr yet don't begin working on their dances for recital until after Christmas break. So you can imagine how well the younger ones that only get 30min of class time a week do. They should work on their routines all year!
And yes I have always noticed favoritism. My child is younger and is a great lil dancer for her age. However she was placed on the back row in both of her dances. The front row consisted of the "richer" kids and the girls that are on her dazzlers dance team. Most of the girls in the front didn't even know the dances. Oh well. This is the 4th yr in a row that this has happened and my child and I both are tired of it. This was our last yr.
And at a recital where parents have been paying you all year, you should let each girl have a few moments in the front. Recital isn't a competition!
agreed

Williamsport, TN

#10 May 29, 2012
my daughter sure isn't the best in her class but she is average, just as good as most and was in the very back corner in both her dances. even when positions were switched she was always in the back. why not line them up according to height?? this years show was so boring. last year's was much better, imo.
One Mad Momma

Middlesboro, KY

#11 May 29, 2012
I think the favoritism is indisputable!! We've all seen it!! Right down to a different colored costume for one child!! She was the unmistakable "star" of that number! I'll also have to agree that the choreography was terrible this year!! It was like watching the same dance...ten times!!! The same moves over and over! Not one dance seemed to stand out as "top notch"! They all seemed mediocre at best!! The All Stars looked good, but they get more practice...it shows. I don't think Gail is keeping an eye on her "teacher's" choice of music and choreography! The music seemed lacking this year too. I hate to seem bitter, but just horribly disappointed! I just wanted to see if I was the only one that felt this way, apparently not! I'll not say anything else, I got the answers I suspected.
Proud

Madisonville, KY

#12 May 30, 2012
Funny upset my Lil one had me in tears so proud of her. She was in front an a great leader. We don't have money either. Upset why you such a debbie downer. Is your kid chunky and can't lead she must be a follower.
Huh

Wayland, KY

#13 May 30, 2012
Proud wrote:
Funny upset my Lil one had me in tears so proud of her. She was in front an a great leader. We don't have money either. Upset why you such a debbie downer. Is your kid chunky and can't lead she must be a follower.
Wow, attacking and mocking a child. You must be very proud.
Golden Rule

Chicago, IL

#14 May 30, 2012
Rich people rule. Get used to it.
Wow

Louisville, KY

#15 May 30, 2012
I am sick over how you mothers are talking about a dance recital. I don't even have a child participating in dance, but I felt the need to comment.

You all are acting just like those b*tch moms on TV. The recital and dance practice is NOT about YOU! If your baby is having fun and enjoying what she is doing then leave it alone.

You are all acting worse than children. There is favortism in all aspects of life. That is something you have to deal with. Your name calling and referring to the kids as "chunky and not a good dancer" is pathetic!

If this is the type of role model these girls have at home, what are they going to grow up to be?
me

Madisonville, KY

#16 May 30, 2012
I love Gail. She doesn't make all of the decisions when it comes to recital you know.
Dance Mom

Middlesboro, KY

#17 May 30, 2012
Ms Gail only does Ballet. The other teachers do Tap and Jazz numbers so she isn't the one to blame. You have to be a little more out going to be out front. Have your daughter Show some initiative and maybe she will get a front spot. Nothing to do with money. That's ridiculous!! Ms Gail is wonderful with the girls. She gives them such poise and self esteem that will last a lifetime.
Makes no sense

Middlesboro, KY

#18 May 30, 2012
How does putting the "out going" girls in the front help the girls in the back with self esteem?
name

Madisonville, KY

#19 May 30, 2012
Dance Mom wrote:
Ms Gail only does Ballet. The other teachers do Tap and Jazz numbers so she isn't the one to blame. You have to be a little more out going to be out front. Have your daughter Show some initiative and maybe she will get a front spot. Nothing to do with money. That's ridiculous!! Ms Gail is wonderful with the girls. She gives them such poise and self esteem that will last a lifetime.
While I do agree with your statement,it is her business and she should have more contol over the teachers.In the end its her name on the line.She absolutley is a wonderful person,agreed.
dancer

Inez, KY

#20 May 31, 2012
If your good you will be in the front. If you aren't, you'll be in the back. People should watch the dance as a whole. Not just picking out certain people. I was a senior dancer this year, and i was in the front... So sorry for offending anyone :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corbin funeral home 30 min Famfriend 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Known Fact 132,123
FREE Tickets to New Years Concert at the Arena!!! 5 hr info 1
A2Z Mart 8 hr Bgreene0086 3
Who HIres Felons? 9 hr Corbin 6
social networkin has destoried my family (Jan '14) 10 hr Bgreene0086 15
J Justice in the area looking for people with D... 14 hr J Justice 1
Corbin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Corbin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Corbin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Corbin

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:36 am PST

NBC Sports10:36AM
Dalton sick as Bengals get ready for Pittsburgh - NBC Sports
NFL10:45 AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?