Applebees getting shabby looking

Posted in the Corbin Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Unhappy Customer

Pikeville, KY

#1 Feb 15, 2010
I had some family in from out of town not too long ago and we went to Applebees. It was very embarrassing. Most of the signs were broke and had lights out on them. We could barely get the front door open because it got wedged tight in the frame. The computers were broke and it took forever to get our food. It looked a little run down inside as well. They don't let the Applebees in big towns get this way so why let Corbin's fall to pieces?
Write to them

Hiseville, KY

#2 Feb 15, 2010
If you are unhappy with them do what my husband and I did when I found a bug in my salad about a month ago. We went onto applebees.com in the contact us section and wrote to corporate and told them all about our expierence. How the bug was in my salad and how the manager was a complete jerk about it, and how the food at this Applebee's is different than the ones in the bigger cities. We recieved a phone call from Corporate the next day, and the lady my husband spoke with was very upset and said she would be making a trip to the Corbin Applebee's. She mailed us two $25 gift cards and was very appoligetic. I think if everyone would write to corporate that has had trouble with Applebee's then eventually the problems will be taken care of. They need feedback. Even if it's good. I wrote back afterwards and bragged on the service we recieved. Even though I feel it was b/c we had the "oops gift cards". So they need to know either way. It's sad but I feel like this Corbin, and no matter how many nice restaurants we get here...they will still have the "Corbin Flair". Lazy ppl who dont want to work or people so pilled out of their minds they cant function properly working as our servers. Im sorry I have this attitude toward ppl in my hometown, but it really has gotten pathetic and something has got to be done!
Riggghhhtttt

Murray, KY

#3 Feb 15, 2010
Why do I feel I am being hit with waves of bullshit? I smell fired employees with an agenda. Since Applebee's is packed every day and night since they opened I have a little trouble with all the hysteria.
Riggghhhtttt

Murray, KY

#4 Feb 15, 2010
Unhappy Customer wrote:
I had some family in from out of town not too long ago and we went to Applebees. It was very embarrassing. Most of the signs were broke and had lights out on them. We could barely get the front door open because it got wedged tight in the frame. The computers were broke and it took forever to get our food. It looked a little run down inside as well. They don't let the Applebees in big towns get this way so why let Corbin's fall to pieces?
By the way, if you walked into a place with "broken signs" everywhere, lights out by the thousands, and you had to wedge the front door to get it open, why the hell didn't you go somewhere else? Did Granny from out of town get stuck in one of the booths? Did Aunt Claire get stuck in the bathroom stall?
corbinite

Richmond, KY

#5 Feb 15, 2010
I'm with Write to Them in their comments. If you have a problem with any national chain, email them. I've done so and, as this person experienced, got a call the next day from a lady identifying herself as the District Manager. She wanted details of why I thought my experience sucked...in fact, why three out of four times I've been to Applebee's I thought it sucked. She was and I am sure would still be very interested in all comments - positive and negative.

If you complain and take a free meal, refund, rebate, coupon or gift card your complaints are not looked upon with much weight. Management figures you just wanted a freebie. However, if you complain and still pay for your food - that's big stuff to a manager and you're listened to.

Debate that one...call me an idiot...criticize my comment...say I don't know what I'm talking about...blah, blah, blah, blah.
Write to them

Hiseville, KY

#6 Feb 15, 2010
First of all let me tell you that I have never worked in a restaurant, never will. I dont have the tolerance it takes to deal with dumba$$ people like yourself. As for the person that started this thread I cant answer for them. I dont know where they work or have worked. I was just giving them some advice. Applebee's lights on the outside never works right. You can drive by there anytime after dark and check it out for yourself. They are packed b/c some people prolly go back to give them chance after chance like my husband and I did, and also b/c alot of people have never had better so they dont know any difference. We went to Richmond the other night and the service there was amazing, then come back here and go eat at Dino's the next day and service there was crappy too. We go out of town alot and yes there has been a time or two maybe our service wasnt a 10, but even then it wasnt as bad as it is here at home. It's hard to tolerate crappy service when you have had better. If my husband and I are going to drop $50 for a meal then by God I better atleast get my drink refilled in a timely fashion. I know on several occasions my husband has sat for over 15 min waiting on a refill, and it's not b/c the waiter/waitress is so damn busy. They are over in the corner fat mouthing to some other douche bag that works there that obviously isnt doing their job either. I have respect for ppl with that type of job, but not for lazy ass ppl. Unfortunatly, Corbin is full of them!! If you do go eat there then I recommend Lisa. If she isnt working we go somewhere else period! She was our waitress after we got the gift cards and she was great. She appologized to us for someone else's previous mistake,which was not her place to do. She waited on us in a timely fashion and was very pleasant, and she had several tables she was working that night and no one was going w/out drinks or service. Oh and the door is hard to open on the left side going in. Not b/c they are a crappy place, prolly b/c of the weather. For whatever reason the person that said that was telling the truth.
Write to them

Hiseville, KY

#7 Feb 15, 2010
corbinite wrote:
I'm with Write to Them in their comments. If you have a problem with any national chain, email them. I've done so and, as this person experienced, got a call the next day from a lady identifying herself as the District Manager. She wanted details of why I thought my experience sucked...in fact, why three out of four times I've been to Applebee's I thought it sucked. She was and I am sure would still be very interested in all comments - positive and negative.
If you complain and take a free meal, refund, rebate, coupon or gift card your complaints are not looked upon with much weight. Management figures you just wanted a freebie. However, if you complain and still pay for your food - that's big stuff to a manager and you're listened to.
Debate that one...call me an idiot...criticize my comment...say I don't know what I'm talking about...blah, blah, blah, blah.
You are absolutly right.We didnt know there was other options. She just mailed them to us and we sure wasnt going to waste them but I wish we would have known b/c my husband didnt want to go back then and he refuses to ever go back.
cmsracer

Cynthiana, KY

#8 Feb 15, 2010
you live in a shi tty town, get over it. don't like eating at a nasty ass restaruant than maybe you should move to a more sophisticated and more expensive city. stop bi tching and deal with it like everyone else has done in corbin ky for as long as i can remember.
Write to them

Hiseville, KY

#9 Feb 15, 2010
yeah and sitting back doing nothing is why this town is the way it is.If ppl would get off their butts and do something instead of nothing, Corbin might get better someday. However bitching on here as you call it isnt going to do any good.This sight is for wimpy ppl who are too scared to share their name. It's for cowards.
cmsracer

Cynthiana, KY

#10 Feb 15, 2010
yet you are here, or does being a coward only apply to everyone EXCEPT you?...dumbass.
Write to them

Hiseville, KY

#11 Feb 15, 2010
and it's sorry ass losers like you that get on here and try to cause trouble. You cant handlke anyone having an opinion other than you.You are what makes Corbin bad. Go do some more meth, snort a pill, and draw your SSI for your "back"problem or "mental" problem and quit trying to make clever comments to ppl. This is the last comment your sorry ass will recieve from me b/c ppl wont be able to tell who the idiot is if I continue in your kindergarten games!
cmsracer

Cynthiana, KY

#13 Feb 15, 2010
you shouldn't cuss at me. i'm only 12 and i'm telling you dickhead.
Wah

Cynthiana, KY

#14 Feb 16, 2010
Most every applebees I've been to sucked including the service and the food. It's a low end family restaraunt so what do you expect? People in this area treat it like it's ruths Chris
customer

Lexington, KY

#15 Feb 16, 2010
the new one britney that girl is a ho. Me and my buddies went in there the other night and she gave all of us her number. she was a lusey server too busy talking to every guy in there
me like the puss

Cynthiana, KY

#16 Feb 16, 2010
thats the way i like 'em, easy and cheap. yummmm yumm
i hate that door

Louisa, KY

#17 Feb 17, 2010
i know the door has been sticking since at least back in August, so I don't believe it has anything to do with the weather. I remember because I had a first date there, it was August. We had to wait outside, and everybody was having a hard time getting the door open.
Please People

Winchester, KY

#18 Feb 17, 2010
This is Applebees, no five star featured place. People in Corbin have gone crazy over Applebees, again this is Applebees that you are talking about no place special...
do not understand

Mayfield, KY

#19 Feb 18, 2010
Even though it is only Applebees, they should still strive to be the best they can. I have noticed that the biggist problem is that people don't seem to respect other peoples property and that is why places start to look so shabby so fast!
example: letting kids stand on the seats, picking holes in the walls, sticking gum everywhere etc. This starts to make a place lookd bad really fast, it is really hard to keep a place looking nice when patrons could care less! I don't work in any restaurant or anything. I have noticed this everywhere I go and think it is really sad. People need to respect other peoples property! Stop doing things like throwing your butts all over the place, and trash on the ground, picking other peoples wall paper etc. They have to taken time to make their place look nice and spent money on it, you should at least respect that.
hmm

Fulton, KY

#20 Feb 18, 2010
In response to Write to them, if you only go when Lisa is there, then you only get crappy service. She is one of the laziest [email protected] b!thches I've EVER seen..... actually, you probably are Lisa... and if you've been there 4 times, unhappy with 3 of them... why go back the 3rd and 4th time? because it was free food? you make no sense.... and if anyone of you making unsatisfied comments about Applebee's in Corbin, then you've never ate at any other Applebee's. The one is Corbin is MUCH quicker than any others....
I've traveled alot, from Quebec Canada,Cancun and 38 states, you can get bad service anywhere at anytime. And if you've come in on days that the weather is bad, keep in mind there are probably a few servers and cooks that weren't able to make it in....
haha

Fulton, KY

#21 Feb 18, 2010
Write to them wrote:
If you are unhappy with them do what my husband and I did when I found a bug in my salad about a month ago. We went onto applebees.com in the contact us section and wrote to corporate and told them all about our expierence. How the bug was in my salad and how the manager was a complete jerk about it, and how the food at this Applebee's is different than the ones in the bigger cities. We recieved a phone call from Corporate the next day, and the lady my husband spoke with was very upset and said she would be making a trip to the Corbin Applebee's. She mailed us two $25 gift cards and was very appoligetic. I think if everyone would write to corporate that has had trouble with Applebee's then eventually the problems will be taken care of. They need feedback. Even if it's good. I wrote back afterwards and bragged on the service we recieved. Even though I feel it was b/c we had the "oops gift cards". So they need to know either way. It's sad but I feel like this Corbin, and no matter how many nice restaurants we get here...they will still have the "Corbin Flair". Lazy ppl who dont want to work or people so pilled out of their minds they cant function properly working as our servers. Im sorry I have this attitude toward ppl in my hometown, but it really has gotten pathetic and something has got to be done!
why would you feel your service was better because of the gift cards? you don't pay til after you've eaten. And Applebees has several different gift cards, the server probably never thought anything of it. unless of course you made a big production out of it, and with the way you sound, you probably did....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot blonde 56 min OTG 3
Old Bairds Gym 3 hr Cleanatlast 3
Stabbing in Grays 4 hr Dumber then dirt 18
Dustin Smith shot Bo Havens? 4 hr Justice 1
Hook up 5 hr jeff lee 18
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr now 148,939
looking for female FWB 10 hr looking 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages