Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

This is the wrong place to ask for that kind of advice or any other kind of advice all that's on here are liers druggies full of poop gossip trouble makers an very nasty hurtful people so if you are legit go somewhere else for help it will Benifit you
Anyone a Patient

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

I was wondering about this place too. My family doctor apparently set me up with an appointment with them because I got a phone call to schedule one. Unfortunately though they said I wouldnt be able to be seen until mid March. I think the doctors name was mazloodoom or something like that??? I've never heard of them either. I'd been considering the may clinic, but since ive already got an apointment here I guess I'll keep it. I just hope its not a waste of time. I would kinda like to talk to someone that has been to this place, Dr. Mazlodoom.
been there

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Anyone a Patient wrote:
I was wondering about this place too. My family doctor apparently set me up with an appointment with them because I got a phone call to schedule one. Unfortunately though they said I wouldnt be able to be seen until mid March. I think the doctors name was mazloodoom or something like that??? I've never heard of them either. I'd been considering the may clinic, but since ive already got an apointment here I guess I'll keep it. I just hope its not a waste of time. I would kinda like to talk to someone that has been to this place, Dr. Mazlodoom.
I wouldn't go there it's a waste of time. They just want to do injections in your back and take you off pain meds
Chris

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

MS Patient wrote:
I am new to Kentucky and was referred by my new primary care physician to a doctor at a place called Pain Management Medicine. I was told that their main office is located in Lexington, Kentucky; however, they also have an office in Corbin as well.
I'm older and have multiple sclerosis, as well as several other chronic conditions. I've been in pain management for the past 11 years and received excellent treatment from my previous physician. However, after reading through many threads reagarding pain management in this area, I've became a bit worried and concerned about what I should expect.
If anyone is a patient here, would you mind posting how your experience has been and what I should expect?
I have been a patient of Dr Mazloomdoost since June 2012. I have several medical issues & have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, which Dr Maz is very familiar with. My experience has been great, as he is an understanding doctor & the girls in the front are knowledgeable and very sweet & caring. He does like to use injections, if they help & he will try to control your pain with as little pain meds as possible, which many around here do not like. I am really excited to see if I can stop taking pain medicine completely & still have my pain under control so I can function. They also take insurance, which is a great relief to most.

I have also been to May Pain Clinic & refused to go back. He only wanted to collect the $125.00 for a drug screen & office visit, and then send me home with ridiculous amounts of pain medicine. This continued for a few months without him actually trying to do anything else. I may be wrong, but I believe that he stopped taking any type of insurance due to noncompliance of regulations. For patients that just want those meds, I guess it's worth it to pay the price, but for patients not wanting to be addicted to medications, Dr Max is the right choice!
Chris

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Sorry about the auto correct...my above post should read that "Dr. Maz is the right choice"
MS Patient

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Thank You so much for responding. It is important to me to know that they do accept insurance. I also have had some relief from previous epidural injections in the past. In addition, due to the MS, I must be on immunosuppressive treatment too.

However, I must admit that it does concern me that they do not approve of treating patients with medications as well. It kinda suprises me that my primary care physcian referred me to a clinic that isn't an advocate of using medications as well considering he knows what I've been prescribed for a number of years.

I currently use a Tens unit, particiate in physical therapy, as well as utilize every non-medication therapeutical resource that has been provided to me. Unfortunately, my pain cannot sufficiently be conrolled with therapy alone.....I truly wish this wasn't the case.

But I will go ahead with my sheduled appointment to see how things go I guess.
Again, thanks to all who have taken time to respond :)
hahaha

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Chris doesn't know what he is talking about. hahaha sounds like someone who didn't get what they wanted.
RIDICULOUS LAWS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

After watching the news last night it looks as if no one that lives in the state of KY is going to be able to get treatment for chronic pain, regardless of your condition!!!
It was almost laughable to hear them talking about how we have SO many prescription writing doctors. When ANYONE that lives here knows that its nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get medicine for pain even when you do really need it.

My mother is close to 60 and has multiple conditions in which pain is a major problem. Due to her illness, she was declared as totally disabled by her doctor, which forced her into taking early retirement from the job she'd had for nearly 30 years.
This happened about 3 years ago, so she moved from Ohio down here to be closer to me. Since then, finding a doctor willing to continue the same treatment plan of medications has went from Bad to WORSE, if that's possible.

I've NEVER seen anything like it is here within the medical community, where doctors are POLICED by the government and unable to do their jobs.
I can absolutely understand that a doctor SHOULDN'T be willing to prescribe pain medications to a 20 something year old, with not much wrong with them, and whose general, overall appearance was that of a drug abuser/dealer. But whenever adults with conditions known to cause chronic pain are UNABLE to receive the treatment they NEED because the govrnment/dea have the authority to BULLY doctors, making them TERRIFIED of losing their lisences, IT'S TIME FOR PEOPLE TO STEP UP AND VOICE THEIR OPINIONS!!!

It's the POLICE whose JOB it is to rid the community of Drug Dealers, NOT to ENCOURAGE RIDICULOUS LAWS be passed to LIMIT Physicians from practicing pain management medicine.
Cultural History has shown us that if people want to use or abuse drugs, there will ALWAYS be a way for them to find/get them off the streets.

HERE, the ONLY people who are being seriously impacted by this "policing" of doctors are THOSE PATIENTS WHO TRULY NEED pain management.

The DOCTORS have RESPONSIBILITIES as well: to run kasper reports on patients seeking treatment for chronic pain, as well as requiring a pain contract, conducting urine screens, and random medication counts if deemed necessary.

As long as they are doing their job, they SHOULD NOT be told by ANYONE outside of the medical field, as to WHAT and HOW much medications are prescribed!!!

My mothers previous doctor here required ALL of these things I mentioned above, yet was hassled SO MUCH by the government, he's now just decided to move his practice elsewhere out of state. As he put it, "KY is making it illegal for a doctor to treat any patient with chronic pain, No matter how many rules and requirements we ensure our patients are following!!!"

None of this BS would be permitted to go on in ANY other state in America. There would be Soooo many lawsuits filed and nationally recognized organizations from the medical community rallying, things would have NEVER even gotten to this point PERIOD!!! People here ARE going to HAVE to take a STAND against this, NOW!!!

Consequently, I don't know anything about the Pain Medicine Management Clinic in question by the initial poster, but it was one of the selections on a list that was given to my mother by her general practitioner here for requesting a referral. Does anyone have any infomation about this place they'd be willing to share?
Lymphoma

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Krystal wrote:
This is the wrong place to ask for that kind of advice or any other kind of advice all that's on here are liers druggies full of poop gossip trouble makers an very nasty hurtful people so if you are legit go somewhere else for help it will Benifit you
I've never heard of this place, "ms patient", but my general doctor is currently in the process of setting me up with an appointment with a pain management facility as well. So, Monday morning when I go to my regular appointment, this is apt to be the place he's referred me to as well. If so, I'll post to let you know. If not, I'll ask him if he knows anything about them. However, in the past, it's been my experience that general practitioners will refer you to a "buddy" of theirs.

I have also been a chronic pain patient for a number of years. I don't have ms, but I too deal with a rare autoimmmune disease that goes in and out of remission and causes alot of pain.

Since none of my family or friends have to deal with long term pain, I too have no one to ask this kind of information. This makes it VERY frustrating for those of us who do rely on the information that can be found on the internet.

It makes me very ANGRY whenever people say that Topix IS NOT the right place to ask for Medical Advice ESPECIALLY whenever it comes to pain management doctors or call the posters names like "drug addicts" and often times much worse!

The reason there are so many people who live in this area posting questions about pain management is because of HOW DIFFICULT it is to find a GOOD, GENUINE, pain management doctor.

LOCAL Customer/Patient REVIEWS about doctors, dentists, pharmacies, contractors, florists, plumbers etc... is what TOPIX was created for.

In fact, it's essentially the EXACT same thing as the online REVIEW website called "ANGIE'S LIST," with ONE MAJOR DIFFERENCE, HERE IT'S FREE!!!!

So, for those who have no need for a pain management doctor, and those who for whatever reason are totally against anyone receiving pain management as well as the doctors, PLEASE just SKIP OVER the threads in which people are asking for information about them.
Newly moved

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

MS Patient wrote:
I am new to Kentucky and was referred by my new primary care physician to a doctor at a place called Pain Management Medicine. I was told that their main office is located in Lexington, Kentucky; however, they also have an office in Corbin as well.
I'm older and have multiple sclerosis, as well as several other chronic conditions. I've been in pain management for the past 11 years and received excellent treatment from my previous physician. However, after reading through many threads reagarding pain management in this area, I've became a bit worried and concerned about what I should expect.
If anyone is a patient here, would you mind posting how your experience has been and what I should expect?
Yes your first visit is in Lexington I was referred to this pain clinic! I saw Dr Maz the young One. He told me that he would not prescribe my meds Lortab 7.5 because he said its only masking the pain not fixing it. I told him that the pain meds I take help and he said I know they do but I will not write them. The only thing he wanted to do was give me 3 injections 2 in my neck and 1 in my hip. I told him I would not take them and I believe that's the same thing as taking the pills. Injections will too be masking the pain. He was a waste of time for me. He may be different with you so decide whether or not u want to make that long drive. But personally I would ask the doctor to referr u to somewhere else. Best of luck to you.
anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

I go there and yes the staff are all nice and all that...but I have a progressive deteriorization of the spine. Its getting bad at an alarming rate. I was sent to pain management. because of the Governors crazy idea to cut off pain medicine. He didn't have the common sense to know heroin stepped up to take lortabs place...before the ink was dry on the Govs paperwork. I have been on the same doseage (5 mg.) For almost a year. I am basically immune to the dosage and am up all during the night in pain. I was refused an increase or a change I'm meds. I sit and drive two hundred plus miles, which sends my back pain through the roof. Some get adequate relief, some do not. Never been an addict, never hunted pills, so those who pop this off don't need to label everyone because of those who chase pills. There's no way to honedtly answer yourr question.
ms patient

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Newly moved wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes your first visit is in Lexington I was referred to this pain clinic! I saw Dr Maz the young One. He told me that he would not prescribe my meds Lortab 7.5 because he said its only masking the pain not fixing it. I told him that the pain meds I take help and he said I know they do but I will not write them. The only thing he wanted to do was give me 3 injections 2 in my neck and 1 in my hip. I told him I would not take them and I believe that's the same thing as taking the pills. Injections will too be masking the pain. He was a waste of time for me. He may be different with you so decide whether or not u want to make that long drive. But personally I would ask the doctor to referr u to somewhere else. Best of luck to you.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to answer my question with such honesty.......I now know that there's absolutely no use in going to this appointment!

You ARE EXACTLY right by saying that the injections too will only mask the pain, so his reasoning regarding prescribing pain medication makes no sense at all.

What's especially odd about this is the fact that my primary care physician actually allowed me to choose which pain clinic I wanted to go too and he's completely aware of the types of meds I've been taking for over the past 12 years. Why on earth would he even suggest a place that douldn't prescribe aything to help me???

So now I suppose I'll have to do alot of searching on the web in hopes of finding a different place to go.
Hello

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

You people should know that injections can make you much much worse. Check out arachnoiditis it is caused from injecitons.
Repub

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

I have come to the conclusion that these primary doctors want the blame and responsibility taken off of them. They refuse to treat you, using the Governors b.s. law, and by shifting you off onto pain management, they know many will not get treatment there either, so their consciouus is cleared. The primary doctors can still give pain meds, THEY use that law to not do so.
malicious70

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

RIDICULOUS LAWS wrote:
After watching the news last night it looks as if no one that lives in the state of KY is going to be able to get treatment for chronic pain, regardless of your condition!!!
It was almost laughable to hear them talking about how we have SO many prescription writing doctors. When ANYONE that lives here knows that its nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get medicine for pain even when you do really need it.
My mother is close to 60 and has multiple conditions in which pain is a major problem. Due to her illness, she was declared as totally disabled by her doctor, which forced her into taking early retirement from the job she'd had for nearly 30 years.
This happened about 3 years ago, so she moved from Ohio down here to be closer to me. Since then, finding a doctor willing to continue the same treatment plan of medications has went from Bad to WORSE, if that's possible.
I've NEVER seen anything like it is here within the medical community, where doctors are POLICED by the government and unable to do their jobs.
I can absolutely understand that a doctor SHOULDN'T be willing to prescribe pain medications to a 20 something year old, with not much wrong with them, and whose general, overall appearance was that of a drug abuser/dealer. But whenever adults with conditions known to cause chronic pain are UNABLE to receive the treatment they NEED because the govrnment/dea have the authority to BULLY doctors, making them TERRIFIED of losing their lisences, IT'S TIME FOR PEOPLE TO STEP UP AND VOICE THEIR OPINIONS!!!
It's the POLICE whose JOB it is to rid the community of Drug Dealers, NOT to ENCOURAGE RIDICULOUS LAWS be passed to LIMIT Physicians from practicing pain management medicine.
Cultural History has shown us that if people want to use or abuse drugs, there will ALWAYS be a way for them to find/get them off the streets.
HERE, the ONLY people who are being seriously impacted by this "policing" of doctors are THOSE PATIENTS WHO TRULY NEED pain management.
The DOCTORS have RESPONSIBILITIES as well: to run kasper reports on patients seeking treatment for chronic pain, as well as requiring a pain contract, conducting urine screens, and random medication counts if deemed necessary.
As long as they are doing their job, they SHOULD NOT be told by ANYONE outside of the medical field, as to WHAT and HOW much medications are prescribed!!!
My mothers previous doctor here required ALL of these things I mentioned above, yet was hassled SO MUCH by the government, he's now just decided to move his practice elsewhere out of state. As he put it, "KY is making it illegal for a doctor to treat any patient with chronic pain, No matter how many rules and requirements we ensure our patients are following!!!"
None of this BS would be permitted to go on in ANY other state in America. There would be Soooo many lawsuits filed and nationally recognized organizations from the medical community rallying, things would have NEVER even gotten to this point PERIOD!!! People here ARE going to HAVE to take a STAND against this, NOW!!!
Consequently, I don't know anything about the Pain Medicine Management Clinic in question by the initial poster, but it was one of the selections on a list that was given to my mother by her general practitioner here for requesting a referral. Does anyone have any infomation about this place they'd be willing to share?
yor so right.evenwith the supporting documentation I cannot fnd a dr. willing to help me either. that's not fair to discriminate everyone!
less pain

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

I think you people are completely wrong. I had injections and nerve blocks and radio frequency and the next step is to burn the nerves. With every procedure I get better and better and I still get pain pills. Once I get the nerves burned I won't need meds for awhile. People that are truly in pain will try the procedures to get better instead of making up excuses to get pain meds. I think you should give it a try. They know what they are doing.
Teresa
dee52

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

I saw this Dr. Maz today and I was not impressed and neither was my husband he kept telling me nothing was wrong with my neck just muscle pain and some artritis in my back he said he didn't care what my other doctors told me he even told me that an mri report I showed him with my neck and back trouble was old. He only wants to do injections and wanted to cold turkey me off of my pain meds.He said because I had not had them filled since Feb but yet he would not listen to the fact that My last Doctor had wrote the script for 90 days with refills. and I had to wait over a month to get into him. He seemed to not want to hear anything I had to say. I asked him what I was I to do without pain meds till the injections a month waya and the fact that I have been on pain meds since 07 I was going to have with draws. He told me to go to er. After again telling him I had been a nurse for 25+ years and I knew I would have with draws he gave me a lesser pain med to use to tapper off. I have no problem trying injections but I have had the blocks before and they only lasted 8 hours I am allergic to steroids so that limits what they can give me but yet he wants to trigger point my neck. in over a month in 15 days I am without meds and no injections till mid July . i am in pain even with meds. So I am in search of new doc. this is crazy I have ddd and cervical spondlosis neuropathy, and pain radiation. Have seen several Docs , My spin is like a person of about 80 from degeneration I am only 51. They have told me surgery would do me more harm then good. but this doc. Maz didn't want to listen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

59 Users are viewing the Corbin Forum right now

Search the Corbin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min ChromiuMan 128,495
Looking for a room for rent 11 min needing a place asap 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 43 min Feddy 145,974
alternative to eastern cable in corbin/gray area 5 hr Same thing 9
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 6 hr JOE NASTY 26,182
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 7 hr Walk with God 642
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 17 hr taco bell reopens 81,553
•••
•••
•••
Corbin Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Corbin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••