Firestone,Williamsburg Plastics ,Ect.

Firestone,Williamsburg Plastics ,Ect.

Posted in the Corbin Forum

Very Concernd

London, KY

#1 Jan 11, 2009
I was told the other day by a friend that Firestone is laying off over half it's people, Aisin is laying off hundreds and hundreds, Williamsburg Plastics is going to 1 shift and CSC in Williamsburg is closing it's doors. Is any of this TRUE???? If this is TRUE, this area is going to be hurting worse than anyone can imagine. May be time to start thinking about going North or South to where there is JOBS. What have you heard? Please share your hearing's and thoughts..
Don

United States

#2 Jan 11, 2009
Very Concernd wrote:
I was told the other day by a friend that Firestone is laying off over half it's people, Aisin is laying off hundreds and hundreds, Williamsburg Plastics is going to 1 shift and CSC in Williamsburg is closing it's doors. Is any of this TRUE???? If this is TRUE, this area is going to be hurting worse than anyone can imagine. May be time to start thinking about going North or South to where there is JOBS. What have you heard? Please share your hearing's and thoughts..
This time they ant no were to go. It is bad every were! We have been Bush wacked. Over 2 million lost there jobs in the last 12 months. Now we get to enjoy the after math of the Bush years. Hope you no got any bills
Creek Watcher

Gorham, IL

#3 Jan 11, 2009
Don't know about the rest but Williamsburg Plastics is going okay right now. They changed from 12 hr. shifts to 8 hr. shifts, 5 days a week. My husband works there and more work is coming in. They still have some laid off but things are looking better
vera

Somerset, KY

#4 Jan 11, 2009
as for firestone they say they went to 8 hour days to help people hold onto their jobs. and csc is doing ok for now they have not laid off anymore people.
firestone1

Riceville, TN

#5 Jan 11, 2009
firestone is working 10 hour days not 8. i work there.
Firestone2

Hueysville, KY

#6 Mar 27, 2010
No firestone is still working 12hrs
ky25w

United States

#7 May 11, 2010
well today firestone celebrated there one million man hrs worked without a lost time incident, preety awesome steak potatos salad bananna pudding for lunch then cake and punch at 4, there just seemed to be a small problem, one of the vital players in this accomplishment was not even mentioned DON GUILKEY, the man who pushed us all for so long to achieve this. Sure didn't seem right to a few of us to see Lynn Taylor shakeing hands and takeing pictures but I guess all good things come to an end. Yes Susan Stephens should have been there too.
cotton candy

Winchester, KY

#8 May 11, 2010
well?
No point

Gorham, IL

#9 May 11, 2010
ky25w wrote:
well today firestone celebrated there one million man hrs worked without a lost time incident, preety awesome steak potatos salad bananna pudding for lunch then cake and punch at 4, there just seemed to be a small problem, one of the vital players in this accomplishment was not even mentioned DON GUILKEY, the man who pushed us all for so long to achieve this. Sure didn't seem right to a few of us to see Lynn Taylor shakeing hands and takeing pictures but I guess all good things come to an end. Yes Susan Stephens should have been there too.
No point in sucking up now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min usa 151,630
Hey, did you guys just hear that? 1 hr Stoker 2
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 2 hr Walk with God 1,294
Who is the nurse you have slept with at Corbin ... (Jul '10) 8 hr I know 7
which Hole is the best 12 hr bi hung 7
Brad combs and Pam Hatfield dealing still!! 17 hr Hey 14
Twist & Shout Mon coffee shop 51

Corbin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance