City Utilities - Power Cost Adjustment?

City Utilities - Power Cost Adjustment?

Posted in the Corbin Forum

Jessie

Mayfield, KY

#1 Jul 2, 2011
Does anyone know what this is? I just got my bill today and the electricity was $73.37 (about average), but the power cost adj. is $19.63. I've never seen a place that has two charges for one utility - its isn't like water that also has sewage. What's also odd is that I've been on vacation for most of this past month, and with a programmable thermostat, I can't understand why my bill is so high. Anyone else having the same issues? I'm thinking about filing a complaint to the BBB.
same here

Tomball, TX

#2 Jul 2, 2011
My bill was as follows:

EL-112.57
Power cost adj. 30.73
Garbage 18.00
Water 9.42
Sewer 13.41
School Tax 4.58

Glad we received a notice about the trash going up too! I guess I'll buy another 4 trash cans to fill up for them! Last month my bill was just 114.00. Guess I'll sit in the dark for a while to see if it comes down any! City Utilities is a rip off!
JUST THE FACTS

Fulton, KY

#3 Jul 2, 2011
Jessie wrote:
Does anyone know what this is? I just got my bill today and the electricity was $73.37 (about average), but the power cost adj. is $19.63. I've never seen a place that has two charges for one utility - its isn't like water that also has sewage. What's also odd is that I've been on vacation for most of this past month, and with a programmable thermostat, I can't understand why my bill is so high. Anyone else having the same issues? I'm thinking about filing a complaint to the BBB.
Did you know the power cost adjustment is where corbin gets their electric from K U? why should we pay two electric bills in the first place? Also my electric has doubled this month over last month... Even though nothing different was done from one month to the next... They jack up your electric usage because the higher your electric the higher they can charge on the power cost adjustment... I'm right there with you on the BBB... LET ME KNOW WHAT THEY TELL YOU...
JUST THE FACTS

Fulton, KY

#4 Jul 2, 2011
also my electric last month...$50.00, this month $93.00... And May was mainly cold.... So I didn't have the air on!
Hey Now

Georgetown, KY

#5 Jul 3, 2011
They are getting out of hand,don't know if any of you folks got a bill back in January I think it was but they estimated my bill for that month and my bill was 150.00 back then. They only problem with that is I have gas heat and I didn't put up any Christmas lights. They must need some extra money for that building they bought.
JUST THE FACTS

Fulton, KY

#6 Jul 3, 2011
Hey Now wrote:
They are getting out of hand,don't know if any of you folks got a bill back in January I think it was but they estimated my bill for that month and my bill was 150.00 back then. They only problem with that is I have gas heat and I didn't put up any Christmas lights. They must need some extra money for that building they bought.
That's exactly right.....
JUST THE FACTS

Fulton, KY

#7 Jul 3, 2011
SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE..... They are ripping people off!!!!
goober

Dyer, TN

#8 Jul 3, 2011
they have never took the cover off of my water meter. how do they read it.
JUST THE FACTS

Fulton, KY

#9 Jul 7, 2011
Jessie wrote:
Does anyone know what this is? I just got my bill today and the electricity was $73.37 (about average), but the power cost adj. is $19.63. I've never seen a place that has two charges for one utility - its isn't like water that also has sewage. What's also odd is that I've been on vacation for most of this past month, and with a programmable thermostat, I can't understand why my bill is so high. Anyone else having the same issues? I'm thinking about filing a complaint to the BBB.
Did you call the BBB yet?
Feel ya

Somerset, KY

#10 Jul 9, 2011
Did anyone read the city budget that the Times posted online? Just the garbage alone brought in over a million in revenue for the city. This is your answer.

In April I stepped up to the plate and opened my own business. It's serviced based and I have 2 bags of trash a month, my garbage bill $38 per month. I actually called them and told me that was the rate for every business in town. Then I asked to opt out of the garbage service, it would be cheaper to drive my 2 bags of trash to the landfill. I was told I didn't have the option so of opting out, I had to have the service to get my electric and water. I don't even know if that's legal. But I do know where the money is going. It's hard enough to have a small business in this day and age. CUC just another bloodsucker to fend off.
Obummer Buster

Riverview, FL

#11 Jul 11, 2011
You can thank Obama and his band of merry hinchmen for the power adjustment ... it's a fee that helps the utility company recoup what it spends to purchase the coal they burn to generate electricity. Obama and his EPA are regulating the coal miners out of business in order to support their "clean energy" radical environmental agenda. Before he was elected he said he would drive the coal burning power plants into bankrupcy and so far he's doing a pretty good job of keeping that promice. In less than 2 years most mining permits will have expired and no more coal will be produced in KY or any of the other appalacian states because EPA won't grant permits. Just wait ... YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!... electric bills will go to $800 per month. Keep him and the other dems in office for another term and watch the entire country flush down the s __ T T _ R
CUC CUSTOMER

Smiths Grove, KY

#12 Jul 11, 2011
Well I personally LOVE CUC. They sure beat the hell out of what I was paying when I didn't live in the city limits.. Electric was thru RECC cost me around 225 a month, water tru FAlls Water district $60 dollars,garbage pickup thru Poff Carting $20 a month and all totaled up $305 dollars. My last home was just under 1,800 square feet moved into the the city now have 2,200 square feet and my CUC bill last month was $178!! So yeah they can charge me and extra adjustment charge of $20 if they want to! Also for the same time from last year! I have lived in the city for 8 months and I am loving it! My bill for heat with RECC was around $370 a month and in february with CUC my electric bill was 71 and my Delta Gas bill was 180.00! AWESOME!! IF you hate C.U.C. so bad move out to the RECC country and see if you appreciate it then!
goober

Dyer, TN

#13 Jul 11, 2011
i think people having kids in our city school system should be on cuc. though i do not want to agree but the above post is right.
Wondering

Mayfield, KY

#14 Jul 11, 2011
CUC CUSTOMER wrote:
Well I personally LOVE CUC. They sure beat the hell out of what I was paying when I didn't live in the city limits.. Electric was thru RECC cost me around 225 a month, water tru FAlls Water district $60 dollars,garbage pickup thru Poff Carting $20 a month and all totaled up $305 dollars. My last home was just under 1,800 square feet moved into the the city now have 2,200 square feet and my CUC bill last month was $178!! So yeah they can charge me and extra adjustment charge of $20 if they want to! Also for the same time from last year! I have lived in the city for 8 months and I am loving it! My bill for heat with RECC was around $370 a month and in february with CUC my electric bill was 71 and my Delta Gas bill was 180.00! AWESOME!! IF you hate C.U.C. so bad move out to the RECC country and see if you appreciate it then!
Did you live in a trailer or modular home? That would explain the higher costs.
all new

Lowes, KY

#15 Jul 12, 2011
Obummer is exactly right. Clean energy is only going to clean out our wallets. Wait and see.
wondering

Lebanon, KY

#16 Jul 12, 2011
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Did you live in a trailer or modular home? That would explain the higher costs.
No, it was a brick house. And that is the general bills for that area I lived on Black Diamond and my mother lived on Corinth and her bills where a little high and she lived in a home also. A niece of mine lived in a 70's model trailer and you don't even want to know what her RECC bill was.
Sandy

Clay City, KY

#17 Aug 13, 2011
Jessie wrote:
Does anyone know what this is? I just got my bill today and the electricity was $73.37 (about average), but the power cost adj. is $19.63. I've never seen a place that has two charges for one utility - its isn't like water that also has sewage. What's also odd is that I've been on vacation for most of this past month, and with a programmable thermostat, I can't understand why my bill is so high. Anyone else having the same issues? I'm thinking about filing a complaint to the BBB.
My bill went from $88 to $176.$31 of it was an adjustment charge. Yes, let's all file with the BBB
in the shadows

Mayfield, KY

#18 Aug 13, 2011
they have to pay for the new office building some way. i'm gonna be moving toward london to get on KU electric. it's cheaper.
looking for hope

Dyer, TN

#19 Aug 13, 2011
It's the new regulations coming from Washington being put on the coal companys . So to keep from going out of business they are having to charge the electric companys more and there for we pay more to the electric companys it shows up as Power cost adj on our bills . No one should be surprised by this the President said Electric would necessarily sky rocket under his plan . Look it up .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 39 min another viewer 148,449
Chey 45 min Crazy 6
Mike Brown 56 min Jeffy Joffa 8
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 5 hr Teresa Thomas 1,217
Stabbing in Grays 11 hr Mee 4
"23 Blast" the untold story Jerry Baker 13 hr Cotton 3
liar liar liar 18 hr anonymous 11
23 blast movie. What a joke! (Mar '12) Sun gaoneal02 201
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages