summer sunshine

Winchester, KY

#43 Apr 12, 2012
Well, we came down to Hillbillies and ate I was
some what impressed with the meat not a big choice
fried chicken , meatloaf and ribs a lot of vegatables tho' the chicken breast was really good and the potato cakes we OK the coconut cream pie was good rating it was about an 8 out of 10, I did
get real bad heart burn. I was told that they don't
have everything yet, oh where was the ranch dressing?? guess it will take a while to be a 10.
Johnnywho

Barbourville, KY

#44 Apr 12, 2012
Trust me...No one in Barbourville is sad to see that place pack up and leave. Buffett's in general are bad...but that place is a whole new level of garbage. It was loosing more and more business every month, so they packed up to try and see if they could get a few more suckers from Corbin to eat. It won't take long for the word of mouth to spread and it will be gone also.
Eatmeat

Whitley City, KY

#45 Apr 13, 2012
From Corbin it takes me about 12 minutes to go on up to Ryan's and eat from a much larger menu that is far better prepared and 9 bucks at either one,, not hard to figure out. Hillbillys is off to a failed start, and for success, you cannot come out of the box slow. So far not one post gives it a full thumbs up, even the one who thought it as ok, got heart burn.

Since: Mar 12

Lexington

#46 Apr 13, 2012
if they still have a breakfast bar like it used to (many years ago), i'll give that a shot, it used to be pretty damn good
Way Out There

United States

#48 Apr 13, 2012
Eatmeat wrote:
From Corbin it takes me about 12 minutes to go on up to Ryan's and eat from a much larger menu that is far better prepared and 9 bucks at either one,, not hard to figure out. Hillbillys is off to a failed start, and for success, you cannot come out of the box slow. So far not one post gives it a full thumbs up, even the one who thought it as ok, got heart burn.
12 minutes to Ryan's? You can get from Corbin to Richmond in 12 minutes? Do you have a helicopter?
Have to try it

Corbin, KY

#54 Apr 14, 2012
Ok, I took my dad and Uncle. Truth, the catfish wasn't what they had in Barbourville. They have a new cook, guess he has to figure out how much to cook it (Dad said undercooked). Mashed potatoes were too runny... that being said. The rest of it was very very good. The people who work there are very friendly, and will help you with anything be it milk, or taking criticism, or should I say suggestions. I'm very pleased to have found Hillbilly's again! Hope more people try it and not let others cloud their opinions. Enjoy everyone.
ggg

London, KY

#55 Apr 15, 2012
It sounds like "Bubbys" is hating on competition here. I haven't ate at either place yet. How long has bubbys been there? I noticed the new place last week and will give it a try soon I hope. I'm glad to see Corbin continue to grow and have more of a variety of places to eat. Let people eat where they like don't be bashing. If it's good it will stay and if not they will be gone.
snowman

Middlesboro, KY

#56 Apr 15, 2012
I was not impressed. I was disappointed. Some of the dishes and utensils were dirty. The desserts were good but most of the things I tried wasn't worth $9.00. The building is need of some serious updating.
Gentleman

Whitley City, KY

#58 Apr 16, 2012
Sirs, if this is the most respect you can show your woman, an all you can eat pig's trough,, you have no respect for her or yourself. Save your money, respect your lady and take her someplace nice to dine. All you can eat, that is for animals, not people.
Bella

New Albany, IN

#61 Apr 17, 2012
My husband and I went Sunday evening. It was crowded. The food wasn't bad. Chicken was good. Mashed potatoes were cold. I think they were real but needed to be thicker. The dressing was my favorite and the corn. My biggest problem was that the tables sat unbussed and many people came in and couldn't find a place to sit. Hopefully it will get better. We only tried it because Bubby's was closed but I would have to give it a 6 out of 10. I will give it a few months and try it again.
keavy guy

London, KY

#64 Apr 18, 2012
Eatmeat wrote:
where is there a ryan's 12 minutes from corbin??
Bella

New Albany, IN

#65 Apr 18, 2012
keavy guy wrote:
<quoted text>
where is there a ryan's 12 minutes from corbin??
They meant Golden Corral.
Carl

Winchester, KY

#66 Apr 19, 2012
Used to drive down to Barbourville to eat at Hillbilly's because I like good home cooking. I'm glad it's closer now. They have their group of customers just like other types of restaurants have theirs. It's all about personal preference.
Do_not_eat_it

Whitley City, KY

#67 Apr 19, 2012
I agree Hillbillies will come to a quick demise. Also I agree it is classess to take a woman out to eat to some all you can stuff in your gut diner,, show some clase, that same 9 bucks will buy many nice tasty selections at a much better place to dine.

Lexington

#72 Apr 19, 2012
i will have to give them some time to get it together before i give it a try.
Ruby

Winchester, KY

#73 Apr 19, 2012
My husband and I like it very well. But, we also eat at other local buffets like David's, Shoney's, King Buffet and Bubby's. Their food is good too. I'm glad we have so many to choose from. We're hard working country people who appreciate old time comfort food like Hillbilly's serves.

“Life is a compromise!”

Since: Nov 08

USA

#75 Apr 20, 2012
Yummy wrote:
I ate at hillbillys and it was great the best thing is that their parking lot was full and Nasty Bubbys was empty.Yummy
That's a big laugh. Buddy's is clean and the food is very good. Place was packed last Friday. You must eat dog food regularly if you like Hillbelly's. LOL

Lexington

#76 Apr 20, 2012
i guess nobody here tried Buddy's when it first opened. nasty! They cleaned their act up though.
Have to try it

Corbin, KY

#78 Apr 24, 2012
Ok, I'll eat crow. I took my Dad and Uncle and my daughter and her family (they were visiting from NY) to Bubby's across from Hillbilly's. The only thing NOT better than Hillbilly's was the coconut cream pie. It was very poor and I told them too... everything else was super!!! The food, the cleanliness, the servers... EVERYthing. We will DEFINITELY go back to BUBBY'S :)
Horrible

Murray, KY

#84 May 2, 2012
Called people pigs because I got one terrible plate of food and then left. Most people where loading their plates like they do at Davids and other buffets, like it is a feeding trough for pigs. Some people will eat anything as long as it is an all you can eat buffet! That is what I meant. I also do not go to Davids because it is one step above this place. Have you ever been to David's? People are eating like there is no tomorrow. That is what I meant by pigs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min ChromiuMan 133,405
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 2 hr Walk with God 757
what happened in Tattersall Sat night? 3 hr Tater salad 8
Looking for trailer or house on land contract!!! Fri owner 2
need place to rent Fri owner 2
Recipes For Crock Pot Roast Wed uk fan 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Jan 28 Bethany Ky 701
23 blast movie. What a joke! (Mar '12) Jan 28 2 shay 170
Corbin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Corbin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:54 am PST

NBC Sports 8:54AM
Andy Dalton replaces Aaron Rodgers on Pro Bowl roster