anonymous

Canton, OH

#24 Oct 11, 2012
My boyfriends ex wife has been calling/texting everytime she finds something out she doesn't like to hear. We go eat lunch, she calls him saying "why are u out eating you owe back child support" if we go out for a few beers when we don't have the kids she complains that "we aren't following our custody papers correctly". We get the boys on our days. We pay our support & she still finds that its her best interest on our every day life trying to control what we do or spend money on if it isn't being handed to her. She starts fights with us in front of the kids. And she posts stiff about us on her Facebook. Due to child support we cannot afford an attorney. We just want to live our life and be happy. Make the kids happy when we have them and for her to know she has no control. What can we do????
anyone

United States

#25 Dec 22, 2012
Is it harassment if you overhear a coworker making fun of you, calling you names and seeing that person mock you?
Freak

Whitley City, KY

#26 Dec 22, 2012
anyone wrote:
Is it harassment if you overhear a coworker making fun of you, calling you names and seeing that person mock you?
No, that is slander.
laughing out loud

Frankfort, KY

#27 Dec 23, 2012
Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is slander.
This set of laws is mostly for drunks that can't control their urge to spew out BS at people that want nothing to do with them.
Concerned

Campbellsville, KY

#28 Feb 23, 2013
I have a coworker/friend that quit. I have been texting her for days to see was she ok, she never returns my texts. I texted her today sayin "I just picked up my cupcakes !!!! Thanks:).... She gave me a $20 gift card for Christmas I wanted to tell her thanks.... Anyway she finally returned this text saying " another unwanted text I am considering this harassment and pressing charges" I'm so confused because we were friends, I had no idea I was harassing her....I not even gonna text back... Can she press charges on me when she never told me to stop texting her? I never said anything mean or hateful to her...like I said I thought we were friends....
Anonymous

Bowling Green, KY

#30 Apr 2, 2013
Interesting thread, I would like to ask the following..

A person recently took a photograph of me while on a public highway, the photo showed my license plate and car, the individual then took it upon themselves to upload the photo to a popular social media site, and started making accusatory remarks. The individual then decided it was okay to go ahead and research me amongst her friends, and post my home address, work address and where I like to shop and the times of day that I am on the road away from my home.

I was wondering if this would be considered online harrassment? I have evidence that also shows several of this persons friends posting comments that would give me reason to be concerned about my safety.

I called the police but they said they were unable to do anything to prevent this person from making the remarks online. Before visiting an attorney and wasting their time it would be helpful to know if I have a case? and if so what charges could this person be held on.

Many thanks in advance
Dan
krissy

New Albany, IN

#37 May 5, 2013
I have a boyfriend so I had called the girl 2 times she knows I'm pregnant and I called and spoke with her again and an officer picked up telling me she filed a harassment order
yep

Bellevue, WA

#38 May 6, 2013
krissy wrote:
I have a boyfriend so I had called the girl 2 times she knows I'm pregnant and I called and spoke with her again and an officer picked up telling me she filed a harassment order
it wasent a cop, someone pretending to be one, which is against the law
aggravated

United States

#40 May 26, 2013
I have two children with my ex and live in a home we purchased together but my name wasn't put on the deed (I was young, didn't know). Now, my ex's mother (who does not own the land) has sent me a 30 day eviction notice. She lives in Ohio with her other son, but comes to KY for a cpl months out of the year to her house, which is 2 minutes from where I now live. The road is bad so I have to park at the end of the hollow close to her house, whenever I have friends or family, or even the utility company come up to the house she comes out and asks "Who is this?" "What are they doing up here?" Then proceeds to tell them that is her property to stay away. I have no privacy, she watches me come and go, and has even entered my house and taken pictures while I am not home. I thought about a cease and desist order, but would this fall under a harassment charge instead? This woman has isolated me from everyone because no one wants to visit and forget about someone helping me move my belongings now.
dave

London, KY

#43 Sep 16, 2013
my neighors have repetedly called police 13 times in 2 months and social services 4 times makeinf false alligations
Is this concidered harrasment?
kbt

Louisville, KY

#45 Sep 20, 2013
I HAVE LIVED ON MY STREET FOR ALMOST 9 YEARS AND HAVEN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH ANY OF MY NEIGHBORS UNTIL THIS YOUNG LADY MOVED A CROSS THE STREET FROM ME 4 YEARS AGO AND IT'S BEEN HELL.SHE HAS BEEN CALLING ANIMAL CONTROL ON MY YORKIE 8 TIMES A MONTH AND MADE FALSE STATEMENTS THAT HAS US IN AND OUT OF COURT.I HAVE HAD STATEMENTS THAT MY DOG WASN'T THERE WHEN SHE SAID MY DOG WAS RUNNING AROUND AT THE TIME ME AND MY FAMILY WAD OUT OF TOWN.WE HAD TO PAY FINES BBASED OFF OF HER FALSE ALLEGATIONS..I NEED TO KNOW CAN I FILE HARRASSMENT CHARGES ON HER.SHE EVEN CALLED THE POLICE STATING THAT I THREATED HER AND WHEN THE POLICE CAME SHE SAID IT HAPPEN A MONTH AGO.I'M VERY VERY STRESS OUT ABOUT THIS..PLEASE HELP ME....
Annoyed

Middlesboro, KY

#46 Oct 6, 2013
My stepmother (we've never been on speaking terms) drives by my home regularly and takes photographs of the property...and reports the condition to the police. It's in good condition and there's no point to her constantly doing this. I'm about 1 incident away from getting an EPO on her ass.
linda_

Morehead, KY

#47 Oct 19, 2013
is it harassment when your landlady is coming to your house with demands about how you raise your kids,and telling your neighbors things about you that are not true.I have moved and she is steal calling me and my kid,s.what can i do to stop her?
patricia

Lockport, KY

#48 Oct 22, 2013
My neighbor keeps sending me text messages, saying she's not the one to mess with. Shut my fn mouth it started when I complained to our park manager over her dog pooping in my yard. She says I have no rights. Then had her friends flick me off, her boyfriend call and harass me. The park manager won't stop them . I've had to call the police several times for this to seize..still they go on. What can I do? I have children afraid they are going to hurt us..
m-price

Saint Charles, KY

#50 Jan 30, 2014
what can you do in your job. when you come to work and you get yell at everday. for nothing.BY your supervisor. nursing staff. and then at elevation time you are told we have had complaints about .then you say get the person or person who said this bring them up here and lets talk about it. then your supervisor say's I do not have to let you know who it is. don't I have a right to face my accuser. then when you try to talk to the supervisor or the administrator start to yell and argue with you and comes out from behind the desk at you .isn't that being threaten.and when you tell them you are going to get a witness .and they say no you can't do that. is this harasement.
cherly

Saint Charles, KY

#51 Jan 30, 2014
if your employer write you 9 x in one day is this harassment in state gov.
what

Corbin, KY

#52 Jan 31, 2014
what
Jon

Somerset, KY

#53 Feb 4, 2014
Statutory laws list the elements of a crime, however case law sets precedent. There are many court rulings on what constitutes a "reasonable expectation of privacy", so just because something appears to meet the elements of a statute doesn't mean it will actually go to trial. If a court has already ruled on a similar case, they must follow that precedent. Otherwise they will be overturned on appeal.
Almost served five years

Fernandina Beach, FL

#54 Feb 27, 2014
BEE CREEK COMMUNITY wrote:
525.070 Harassment
(1) A person is guilty of harassment when, with intent to intimidate, harass, annoy, or alarm another person, he or she:
(a) Strikes, shoves, kicks, or otherwise subjects him to physical contact;
(b) Attempts or threatens to strike, shove, kick, or otherwise subject the person to physical contact;
(c) In a public place, makes an offensively coarse utterance, gesture, or display, or addresses abusive language to any person present;
(d) Follows a person in or about a public place or places;
(e) Engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts which alarm or seriously annoy such other person and which serve no legitimate purpose; or
(f) Being enrolled as a student in a local school district, and while on school premises, on school-sponsored transportation, or at a school-sponsored event:
1. Damages or commits a theft of the property of another student;
2. Substantially disrupts the operation of the school; or
3. Creates a hostile environment by means of any gestures, written communications, oral statements, or physical acts that a reasonable person under the circumstances should know would cause another student to suffer fear of physical harm, intimidation, humiliation, or embarrassment.
(2)(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this subsection, harassment is a violation.
(b) Harassment, as defined in paragraph (a) of subsection (1) of this section, is a Class B misdemeanor.
I would say that a jury would find that it could be harassment when you are being followed and video taped while on your own property everytime you move. It is all in how you want to interpet the law. I am sure that most of the people out there would agree, your home is your castle and you souldnt have to worry about some nut next door watching your every move, or harassing you everytime you come out into your own yard, or the dogs being turned loose everytime you come outside. From what I have seen and heard the one's that started this stuff are the one's that really need some help and need to get a life, and leave their neighbors alone.
I was in court one day to testify against 2 individuals who had sexually molested my child. An angry woman followed me out of the courtroom (I did not know who she was) and I asked her several times (four total) to leave me alone. She refused to. I fell and she started screaming that I assaulted her, which of course was not true. I asked the police officer (bailiff) on duty if I was under arrest, and he said no, but that she was "really angry". The next day I was arrested on her citizen's complaint and jailed on $25,000 cash bail (despite pre-trial recommending ROR since I have no criminal or traffic record in my life, don't drink or do drugs, etc.). The issue? She was a friend of the person I was testifying against, and a social worker, so I was charged with assault on an officer based on HER word, and not the word of the ACTUAL OFFICER who said he saw no assault. It cost our family $45,000 in legal fees and expenses to get the felony charge pled down to a misdemeanor, even though I did nothing except yell at her to stop following me. Be VERY CAREFUL if you are accused of assault OR harassment (yelling) because you can go to jail for a very long time awaiting trial.(My trial was 3 years later, but we did make bail by borrowing from our military credit union.) You have very little protection in Kentucky if a social worker falsely accuses you. She also lied to the family court judge and said that I was neglectful of my child, which was also completely false, but once I was accused and jailed for a felony that I did not commit, it was difficult to get any credibility. It is a nightmare that my husband and I still are dealing with, because we have been law-abiding our entire lives and could not believe that a social worker could lie so much and get away with it.
I love my dogs

Mayfield, KY

#55 Apr 9, 2014
Dog owner wrote:
We have two dogs, they are kept outside on 25 foot trolleys with separate dog houses, plenty of shade and straw in their houses. We have someone in our neighborhood that keeps reporting us to animal services for inhumane treatment. The thing is, our dogs are happy, good watchdogs and we exercise them regularly. Even our vet loves our dogs because they are so well behaved and lovable. Since the calls and letters are anonymous, we don't know what to do. Any suggestions would be helpful.
We have had the same problem with a man in our nieborhood about our loving awesome dogs. I strongly suggest reporting it to the police as harassment if it happens more than once.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Harlan's Got Talent' coming next year 18 min Curious 7
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 28 min SNYB 131,595
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 1 hr jayden 694
Needing 4 or 5 bedroom house. 1 hr Shelby 1
My wife isn't happy anymore (Mar '13) 6 hr local 47
How can a broken hart heal? Tue Broken 5
Single Attractive Man Looking for Companion (Jun '12) Tue Hahaha 10
Corbin Dating
Find my Match

Corbin People Search