Posted in the Corbin Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BEE CREEK COMMUNITY

Gorham, IL

#1 Apr 11, 2010
525.070 Harassment
(1) A person is guilty of harassment when, with intent to intimidate, harass, annoy, or alarm another person, he or she:

(a) Strikes, shoves, kicks, or otherwise subjects him to physical contact;

(b) Attempts or threatens to strike, shove, kick, or otherwise subject the person to physical contact;

(c) In a public place, makes an offensively coarse utterance, gesture, or display, or addresses abusive language to any person present;

(d) Follows a person in or about a public place or places;

(e) Engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts which alarm or seriously annoy such other person and which serve no legitimate purpose; or

(f) Being enrolled as a student in a local school district, and while on school premises, on school-sponsored transportation, or at a school-sponsored event:

1. Damages or commits a theft of the property of another student;

2. Substantially disrupts the operation of the school; or

3. Creates a hostile environment by means of any gestures, written communications, oral statements, or physical acts that a reasonable person under the circumstances should know would cause another student to suffer fear of physical harm, intimidation, humiliation, or embarrassment.

(2)(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this subsection, harassment is a violation.

(b) Harassment, as defined in paragraph (a) of subsection (1) of this section, is a Class B misdemeanor.

I would say that a jury would find that it could be harassment when you are being followed and video taped while on your own property everytime you move. It is all in how you want to interpet the law. I am sure that most of the people out there would agree, your home is your castle and you souldnt have to worry about some nut next door watching your every move, or harassing you everytime you come out into your own yard, or the dogs being turned loose everytime you come outside. From what I have seen and heard the one's that started this stuff are the one's that really need some help and need to get a life, and leave their neighbors alone.
folgers coffee

Winchester, KY

#2 Apr 11, 2010
that sucks, just stop cheating on your husband.. oh wait nevermind you don't have one anymore
hmm

Brownsville, TN

#3 Apr 11, 2010
The world is full of idiots. The only way to avoid them is to stay home and don't go out in public.

Unfortunately reproducing doesn't require a test or a license, so you have all kinds of uneducated, bad gene, no fork family tree freaks having kids. These said kids will be in school with your kids and once they become teenagers will more than likely be a thorn in societies arse because of the sorry parents that had them in the first place.

My best advice is to keep your kid in a city school where there are less of these nonfork family trees walking around bothering others.
tell me more

Brownsville, TN

#6 Apr 13, 2010
how do i find out more about KY harrasment laws?
ky law

Gorham, IL

#7 Apr 13, 2010
tell me more wrote:
how do i find out more about KY harrasment laws?
go to www.lrc.ky.gov
sweet1979

Portsmouth, OH

#8 Jun 1, 2010
Hello I have a question. If a person just types a bullten on like yahoo messenger but did not send it to anyone is that harassment??????
tiredofthedrama

Douglas, GA

#9 Jun 20, 2010
there is a girl in her late 20's who has over the past 2 weeks created a pattern / history of constant berating with Fbombs and friends restraining her from action toward my 30's something daughter -

I can't thank you enough for posting these KRS for KY

This will put a stop to this foolishness if we have to have her in court every month for the next year.
asking

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Jul 22, 2010
do you think it is harassment if your ex-husband mails you a newspaper clipping from where your name appeared in the paper? it was mailed with a child support payment with their name and address on the envelope. i have already been to the county attorney over the same issues before, he was supposed to mail a letter stating he wanted it to stop. all has been quiet for almost 2 months and now this..
Annoyed

Hebron, KY

#11 Sep 17, 2010
A prevevious employee of my husbands, was fired because of several issues. Now that former employee is calling my husbands threatening to have this or that person call me, his wife and tell me false rumors of him sleeping with them, They have also threatened to call children servces! What can I do about this ridiculous childish individuals. They have serious drug addictions and it is very scary to think of what they might actually do.
depends

Middlesboro, KY

#12 Sep 17, 2010
sweet1979 wrote:
Hello I have a question. If a person just types a bullten on like yahoo messenger but did not send it to anyone is that harassment??????
The legal system cannot assume information. There has to be direct proof of the person or persons in question and who it's coming from. unless names are established and shows direct intent to and from individules. You have to have that direct intent established to consider it harassment.you have to have valid proof of who is involved.
LONDON

London, KY

#13 Sep 17, 2010
EYE FOR EYE
Uhm

United States

#14 Sep 21, 2010
Whatever
Dog owner

United States

#15 Dec 3, 2010
We have two dogs, they are kept outside on 25 foot trolleys with separate dog houses, plenty of shade and straw in their houses. We have someone in our neighborhood that keeps reporting us to animal services for inhumane treatment. The thing is, our dogs are happy, good watchdogs and we exercise them regularly. Even our vet loves our dogs because they are so well behaved and lovable. Since the calls and letters are anonymous, we don't know what to do. Any suggestions would be helpful.
James

Owensboro, KY

#16 Sep 30, 2011
WOW, sounds like the perception of most Kentuckians is right. Some of you need to stay off the internet.
David

Lexington, KY

#18 Apr 30, 2012
My estranged daughters have filed epo's on me 2 times now. The first epo was dismissed, and now I have to answer to a second one because I waved to one of them while I was driving down the road in my delivery truck. Is it considered harrassment if they continually file epo's whenever they see me thinking that I am stalking or threatening them, and what can I do to protect myself legally?
lawyer

Bellevue, WA

#19 Apr 30, 2012
David wrote:
My estranged daughters have filed epo's on me 2 times now. The first epo was dismissed, and now I have to answer to a second one because I waved to one of them while I was driving down the road in my delivery truck. Is it considered harrassment if they continually file epo's whenever they see me thinking that I am stalking or threatening them, and what can I do to protect myself legally?
have no contact, good luck
xyz

Louisville, KY

#20 May 4, 2012
is it harassment if you have child visitation and they are ordered to be at a public location with local gvmt but the father continues to come to your house anyway when he knows thats not where he is supposed to come?
JERSEY

United States

#21 May 15, 2012
My husband was told to leave- he did he's back in new jersey i'm beginning the whole divorce thing- he's threaten to kill me and are son over 3 times in the past month- and has called my phone over 30 times in one week- and has hacked in to my social networking service and has hacked in to my phone history and is calling every one i've been talking to over the past 2 week's- i never cheated he's calling church members at 4 am and it out of control is there any thing i can do- i cant take it any more
lee

Cincinnati, OH

#22 Jun 12, 2012
This is very helpful. Because the peope where I live in Newport Ky watching my every move because I dont talk to them
Renee

Corbin, KY

#23 Sep 15, 2012
What would you do if the husband of the coach of your child's 5 &6 grade ball team walked into the locker room after game and started yelling at the girls to tell their parents to sit up in bleachers and keep their mouths shut, or they would jerk their jerseys off and kick them off the team?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 29 min curtjester1 135,158
David Stewart in Lily Ky 1 hr ICY 1
dustin brian howard (Sep '10) 1 hr ICY 2
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) Mon Walk with God 805
selling pocket knives... where to go? (Sep '10) Sun The Vaccinator 10
Root Beer Stand Sun Steve 7
corbin goodwill (Oct '11) Sun nana 42
Corbin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Corbin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance