CHS deceased alumni
class of 94

Somerset, KY

#145 Jan 17, 2009
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to Josh Pate? I am shocked! I had no idea he had passed.
josh was in car wreck in 2000!
class of 94

Somerset, KY

#146 Jan 17, 2009
Daniel Hamblin wrote:
<quoted text>There were no witnesses but it was quite apparent that he fell from the train.(Long Island, NY - June 2001) He was most likely trying to reach the next car as every other one had a restroom. There were no "accordion" barriers between cars and the floating platforms only extended a few inches from either car. It was late at night and I'm sure his contacts would have been bothering him by that time, so he probably never realized how big a gap there was between the two "platforms". His wallet was recovered undisturbed but I suppose it's possible he might have been trying to evade someone when he fell. No one will ever know. The why and how don't bother me anymore. But I'll never get over losing my only brother.
David Hart is mentioned on page 7 here. He was Class of '94. One of the friendliest guys I've ever known...always made me laugh. Gone too soon.
yes Daniel your brother was good person but you already know that. god bless you and all the ohers!
so sad

United States

#147 Jan 18, 2009
just a note wrote:
Ryan died of the same cancer Robbie had.
that is awful what type of cancer was it?
Not cool

Dyer, TN

#148 Jan 18, 2009
Ryan Meeks and Daniel Hamblin are both alive and well. That is not cool, especially when you tell people that Ryan died of the same cancer as Robbie. Don't spread those awful rumors, and at the same time, pour salt in the wound for the Meeks' family.
Former Corbin Resident

Springfield, OH

#149 Jan 18, 2009
Not cool wrote:
Ryan Meeks and Daniel Hamblin are both alive and well. That is not cool, especially when you tell people that Ryan died of the same cancer as Robbie. Don't spread those awful rumors, and at the same time, pour salt in the wound for the Meeks' family.
Just to clarify things, no one said Daniel was dead...in fact he posted a few posts back about what happened to his brother.
class of 85

Graniteville, SC

#150 Jan 18, 2009
i didn't know lawrence had passed away, what happened to him?...i went to school with his sister connie
just a note

London, KY

#151 Jan 18, 2009
Not cool wrote:
Hey I never said Daniel Hamblin was dead. As a matter of fact I know for a fact he isn't dead, other than the fact that he posted a comment on here. And as far as Ryan Meeks passing....that's what several people within the community told me that we went to school with & I was merely passing on the information. If it's incorrect I'm sorry, but I highly doubt anyone would pass on information like that if it wasn't true. But I would never rub salt in anyone's wounds, start or pass on rumors, or any such rubbish. So you need to quit being so accusational & pay closer attention to what people are saying when they post comments on here & if the information is false just say it's fasle instead of falsly accusing innocent people of things that they aren't doing. Because there was no ill intent at all in my comment just merely passing on information that had been passed to me since this is why this topic is going to learn of falling alumni & classmates. God Bless!!
just a note

London, KY

#152 Jan 18, 2009
class of 85 wrote:
i didn't know lawrence had passed away, what happened to him?...i went to school with his sister connie
I don't know for sure what happened to Lawrence. I didn't even know he had died till I was putting on some flowers at the graveyard last Memorial Day & say his headstone. Then I got to checking on the net & found his obituary on Vankirk's website. He died 12/06/2007. He was a pretty cool & good guy.
dime a dozen

United States

#153 Jan 18, 2009
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to Josh Pate? I am shocked! I had no idea he had passed.
Josh was in a car wreck I am very good friends with his brother
Corbin man

Corbin, KY

#154 Jan 19, 2009
David Darr - graduated in early to mid 70's
then_now

Brownsville, TN

#156 Jan 19, 2009
Anybody remember Mike Wittmer?(not sure how to spell his last name). If I remember correctly he died of Carbon monoxide poisoning also, in his garage. I think he went to ST C. I knew him, but not that close.
Name

United States

#157 Jan 19, 2009
Sadness wrote:
Luke Patterson- would have been class of 99 I think. He was a really nice guy.
Luke would've graduated in 1997
someone in bowling green

AOL

#158 Jan 20, 2009
mike wrote:
<quoted text>i knew johnny from school. he lived in hart hollow back then. always liked johnny. we would have graduated together in 83 but he quit. my brother died in the 1st gulf war. do we know each other?
I was a friend of Johnny's also. He lived in Hart Hollow when I knew him and ran around with him. I did not know he died. My sister was his friend too.
rasied in corbin

AOL

#159 Jan 20, 2009
then_now wrote:
Scott Ellison 'Tank' heart class 76'
Jeff Combs Class Of 77' Heart?
Larry Goins 80' Murdered?
Ricky Remey Jr 77'
Steve Berry ?? 1977 yr book
Steve Fryrear ?? 1977 yr book
I know all of these I went to school with them. Steve Berry car wreck. He had drew a picture of the car wreck a couple of weeks before it happened. He knew he was going to die and someone else but he wasn't for sure who. It turned out to be Ricky Partin. Robert Bullock was driving the car. It happened on High Top and Falls highway by Davis Salvage. I seen the picture. We didn't know what to say to him. He wrote out his whole Funeral He wanted Stair way to Heaven. He was a good guy. I went to the funerals.
rasied in corbin

AOL

#160 Jan 20, 2009
Scott Ellison 'Tank' heart class 76'
Jeff Combs Class Of 77' Heart?
Larry Goins 80' Murdered?
Ricky Remey Jr 77'
Steve Berry ?? 1977 yr book
Steve Fryrear ?? 1977 yr book
I know all of these I went to school with them. Steve Berry car wreck. He had drew a picture of the car wreck a couple of weeks before it happened. He knew he was going to die and someone else but he wasn't for sure who. It turned out to be Ricky Ramey. Dewayne Partin's half brother. Sorry had the last name wrong. Robert Bullock was driving the car. It happened on High Top and Falls highway by Davis Salvage. I seen the picture. We didn't know what to say to him. He wrote out his whole Funeral He wanted Stair way to Heaven. He was a good guy. I went to the funerals.
AllenJ

Chattanooga, TN

#161 Jan 20, 2009
70s chick wrote:
class of '75 - Jill Begley
Mickey Dixion
Peanut Haggard
Darrell Ohler
class of '74 Tammy Sullivan
class of '76 Donna Crook
Paula Sears
class of '72? Vicky Myers
What did Jill Begley die from??
then_now

Brownsville, TN

#162 Jan 20, 2009
Donna Crook? Did she have a bro named Dallas?
CLASS OF 1988

Brownsville, TN

#163 Jan 20, 2009
Ronnie Brockman class of 1988 .he was a good football player at corbin .all dist all sekc 1987
Slim

United States

#164 Jan 20, 2009
Yes, Donna has a brother named Dallas and another sister......
Pearl

Saint Augustine, FL

#165 Jan 20, 2009
Curtis Burgan 73

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr another viewer 168,880
1997 CHS reunion? 6 hr Him or Her 5
baby doll lorena 8 hr LOCAL MAN 5
tina crisp (Aug '10) 12 hr Skank Watcher 6
Homeless people trespassing in Corbin 15 hr Neighbor 7
Kenny Ray C (KRC) (Jan '11) 15 hr Wondering 5
Corbin Bingo On The Hill (Dec '08) 18 hr not a bingo player 20

Corbin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages