JC Penney's Closing
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
shopping fool

Hazard, KY

#43 Jan 31, 2013
Well Well wrote:
No one is CLOSEING, since CLOSEING is not a word :)
And let me think, could it be they hired some new people to help get them ready for CLOSEING sales?
The JCP in Corbin makes my skin crawl. It amazes me that stores will keep items as long as JCP and just rotate them region to region. I felt like I was an over-priced Goodwill the last time I was there.
They carry Walmart quality and want to hang Hollister prices on the junk.
<quoted text>
That's exactly what I was going to say, they used to carry high quality clothing but now its like shopping at the dollar store and it smells like the dollar stores, the cheap chinese clothing.
Well

United States

#44 Feb 1, 2013
They're bringing back the sales but I too say that won't work for them.
ex-shopper

Winchester, KY

#45 Feb 6, 2013
WHAT wrote:
I dont think it is true or the one that works there would know b4 it got on topics. Goody's sucks and I am rally glad it is closing.
The people let go last year in April didn't know until they went into work and was told they didn't need them. So if you work there you want know that you are not going to be there. The stores are doing really bad so it want take long for it to close.
how

United States

#46 Feb 6, 2013
How can they possibly think that the way Pennys is set up now is better than before? Thats crazy. i used to go in there 3 times a week. Now, i wont go at all. I despise it now. No selection, no sales!
Well

United States

#47 Feb 6, 2013
how wrote:
How can they possibly think that the way Pennys is set up now is better than before? Thats crazy. i used to go in there 3 times a week. Now, i wont go at all. I despise it now. No selection, no sales!
I Agree! They're suppose to start having sales again but that's not going to help anything because of their selection. The kids department is Pathetic.
BelksBeatsJCP

Huntington, IN

#48 Feb 8, 2013
Must agree that good ol JCP is not what they used to be. Quality is nonexistant, but oh by gosh by golly...lol... The prices are still right up there with Belks. I paid well over $100 for a pair of jeans (Ralph Lauren Polo) well over 2 years ago. Still have them, still wear them regularly. At the same time (same day if the memory serves) I bought several pairs of Levi's at JCP. I still have one pair, which I cut off to use as swim trunks. I don't KNOW it, but firmly believe that JCP has been selling factory seconds. They just fall apart too fast. That's the way I feel, and why I no longer shop there.
toot

Murray, KY

#49 Feb 15, 2013
i wish it would close or get new managers brian that works there is a total ass and rude i will never do business there again close do us a favor and bring dawahares back
dislike

Martin, KY

#51 Feb 17, 2013
They should have never changed,I won't be doing business there anymore. No selection, and if you do find something worth having you have to pay a war price. I'll take my business elsewhere.
I used to be crazy

London, KY

#52 Feb 17, 2013
I heard they are bringing in the Martha Stewert line in the home department,
UK Chic

Shepherdsville, KY

#53 Feb 19, 2013
It's the companies culture that is causing them to lose business. They keep changing from the top down. It was stated in the business journal JCPennys will close 100 stores this year. If they built relationships with their employees and held people accountable they would be successful, but right now they don't know what their company culture is.
unhappy former customer

Virgie, KY

#54 Feb 20, 2013
J.C. Penney is nothing like it used to be. It's like walking into a seven dollar store, only higher prices. Ole tacky, flimsy looking clothing that I wouldn't be caught dead in. They now don't have any of the kind of clothing that always kept people shopping there. I was always able to do most of my Christmas shopping there. I could not find one single thing I would even think about giving someone as a gift. I always liked the St. Johns Bay active wear. It was always on sale and I loved it. They don't even have it now. All the good brands and nice styles for women, they're gone! I don't know why on earth they ruined their store, but they sure did.
well

London, KY

#55 Mar 1, 2013
They are surpose to bring back some of the old lines and coupons back. If they are closing the employees don't know nothing about it and they just got a new manager. The prices are pretty good a nice shirt for Five dollars is not to bad. If you watch for their sales they are not bad prices at all and they did have the Quarter sale one week end.
Well

United States

#56 Mar 2, 2013
well wrote:
They are surpose to bring back some of the old lines and coupons back. If they are closing the employees don't know nothing about it and they just got a new manager. The prices are pretty good a nice shirt for Five dollars is not to bad. If you watch for their sales they are not bad prices at all and they did have the Quarter sale one week end.
Yeah the quarter sale was a huge mistake from somebody at home office but was great for everybody shopping. Lol :)
AntiChina

Williamsburg, KY

#57 Mar 2, 2013
They sell nothing but cheap made clothes produced by foreign labor at top dollar prices. The news this week said this store had the worst sales this quarter to date. Looks like the doors may close for them all.
just close

Whitley City, KY

#58 Mar 2, 2013
they have nothing to go there far.... used to love that place...H-A_T_E it now... they need to change or close
AntiChina

Williamsburg, KY

#59 Mar 3, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 22 min RD Calhoun - Hist... 168,781
Corbin Bingo On The Hill (Dec '08) 2 hr Dukester 19
1997 CHS reunion? 5 hr Bob 3
how to complain against csx (Oct '10) 13 hr Railroad wife 88
Pop up camper (Apr '17) Mon Justme 6
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) Mon child of God 1,678
Who knows the truth about CINDY PETERS Mon NtheNO 6

Corbin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages