name all the southern states includin...

name all the southern states including kentucky

Created by dog on May 17, 2011

143 votes

Click on an option to vote

alabama

south carolina

north carolina

west virgina and virgina

lsu

florida

tennessee

missippissi

georgia

arkansas

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
neutral

Mayfield, KY

#1 May 17, 2011
ky. is not and was not a southern state. too far north to be southern and too far south to be northern.

“Better than ever”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#2 May 17, 2011
Anything south of the Mason/Dixon line is considered a southern state.
neutral

Mayfield, KY

#3 May 17, 2011
hey pp boy. do you realize where the mason-dixon line is? by your logic, half of new jersey and half of ohio would be in the south. yes, the lower halves. also, maryland and delaware would be southern. not as smart as you think you are pp boy.

“Better than ever”

Location hidden

#4 May 17, 2011
whiteboy

Mayfield, KY

#5 May 17, 2011
THE Pot Partaker wrote:
http://www.thefreedictionary.c om/_/dict.aspx?word=Southern+S tates
Now what??
looked at it and it did not mention anything about the mason-dixon line. researched a little further and found that ky. is often included as a southern state but is actually not. it is listed as a border state. south does not want us and the north does not want us. during the civil war , we were a neutral state. lincoln said," if i cannot have god on my side, i must have kentucky". although florida is in the far south, it is only included as a southern state. like ky. guess it is where you look and who you ask.

“Better than ever”

Location hidden

#6 May 17, 2011
Either way...technically, Kentucky IS a southern state. Most people here have a southern drawl.
myname

Casey, IL

#7 May 17, 2011
whiteboy wrote:
<quoted text>looked at it and it did not mention anything about the mason-dixon line. researched a little further and found that ky. is often included as a southern state but is actually not. it is listed as a border state. south does not want us and the north does not want us. during the civil war , we were a neutral state. lincoln said," if i cannot have god on my side, i must have kentucky". although florida is in the far south, it is only included as a southern state. like ky. guess it is where you look and who you ask.
Very nice..thanks for the info.
scott

Newton, TX

#8 May 17, 2011
kentucky is a southern state I looked it up on google people up north make fun of us because of the way we talk we are southern sorry if you don't like then move up north plus living in the south is better don't you see how hot it gets down here you don't get that king of hot weather up north
scott

Newton, TX

#9 May 17, 2011
plus the mason dixson line is 20 miles from us so we are south
kkk

Newton, TX

#10 May 17, 2011
kentucky is south big time
myname

Casey, IL

#11 May 18, 2011
I have lived in Florida (south) and i now live in Illinois (north). Regardless of wether its north or south there is no place like home. Good ole Kentucky.
KY is southern

Lynn Haven, FL

#12 May 18, 2011
Kentucky technically remained neutral during the civil war, however they are represented on the confederate flag by the center star.
rebel yell

Winchester, KY

#13 May 18, 2011
GOD bless the south including kentucky, to hell with the north, just my opinion.
The truth

United States

#14 Jul 3, 2011
In western ky when you cross the Ohio it's like another country. The accents change as well as how people were raised. I don't think ky is alot like the deep south, but I can't tell the difference between ky, tenn, wv or nc. I think it is best described as the uper south. As far as the civil war you have to remember politics played a big part, no different than today.
Miracle Archibald

Chicago, IL

#15 Mar 25, 2013
Can I get a phone please for free
Tamara

Georgetown, KY

#16 Mar 25, 2013
THE Pot Partaker wrote:
Either way...technically, Kentucky IS a southern state. Most people here have a southern drawl.
LOL
REBEL-X

Prestonsburg, KY

#17 Mar 30, 2013
man your just "DUMB" if you think Kentucky is not a southern state....hahahah...anyway their where 13 southern states..."each star on the Confederate flag"..or "rebel flag"..symbolises each state that was for the confederate movement..and they are...Kentucky, Tennessee, Virgina, west Virgina, north Carolina, south Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, louisiana, Missouri. now a lot of people will argue of Kentucky and others being "neutral" or tried to stay out of or what ever..so not to get pulled in that mess...there's no arguing the fact that one of them stars on that flag is Kentucky...not to mention the fifty years after the war the government keeping Kentucky and the other southern stats down and poor or "with out progress" or "with out the technological advances of the times" so there could not be another uprising..that was part of the punishment for the war..
freddie

Winchester, KY

#18 Mar 31, 2013
Ky never left the union. the star on the csa flag is for the unofficial confederate government set up around bowling green. east ky was split loyalty wise and east tenn was mostly pro union.
Alabama man

Youngstown, OH

#19 Jun 1, 2013
I think it's funny as hell that when a topic is about the south the war is brought up and Kentucky is a souther state I was born and raised in Alabama then we lost are farm and moved to ohio so we can help with are family's farm then lost that one and there are plenty of people that have a southern draw hear idk if they act it or they are from the south but one if you think Kentucky isent southern then you must not know the truth about the southern states the south befor the war and the north one the stars and strips were flown over the slaves for over 80 years and the south aka bars and stars for 4 years and people hear in the north call us hateful acully no we ain't like that there is a few people tho there is acully more hate up north then down south I wasent to rasist when I was in Alabama becuse the blacks there the very few that were closer ish to me was very nice and carein and acully good folk and have respect and specked English practically a whight person stuck in a black mans body but up hear there all slang this slang that like iV been hear for a cupple years and there are black teen age boys that kidnaped a young wight boy raped him beat him then shuved a brome up the kids butt the burned him alive the boy was ten years old RIP black kids in gangs killin all this shit and wight boys actin like there black and this so called swag shit?! Idek what that means and I don't care becuse it ain't my people that made it becuse we love and are proude of who we are we don't need anythin but a t shirt jens and a ball cap or cowboy hate and I'm sorry but these kids wherein there pants to there anckls if I did that my mama and dad would beat my ass we ain't classy Rich people but we dress alot better then these damn city slickers and I miss it down home people acully cared about the person they were standing next to if you knew them or not and the kkk fly the stars and strips but 2 groups of them and I'm purty sure there in Ohio or atlest one in ohio that fly the reble flag the bars and stars whatever y'all wanna call it and I fly this flag in ohio in the bed of my truck not becuse I believe in slavery or I hate blacks becuse that's not what it stands for it stands for hope and state rights
Uhh

Chicago, IL

#20 Jun 3, 2013
Alabama man wrote:
I think it's funny as hell that when a topic is about the south the war is brought up and Kentucky is a souther state I was born and raised in Alabama then we lost are farm and moved to ohio so we can help with are family's farm then lost that one and there are plenty of people that have a southern draw hear idk if they act it or they are from the south but one if you think Kentucky isent southern then you must not know the truth about the southern states the south befor the war and the north one the stars and strips were flown over the slaves for over 80 years and the south aka bars and stars for 4 years and people hear in the north call us hateful acully no we ain't like that there is a few people tho there is acully more hate up north then down south I wasent to rasist when I was in Alabama becuse the blacks there the very few that were closer ish to me was very nice and carein and acully good folk and have respect and specked English practically a whight person stuck in a black mans body but up hear there all slang this slang that like iV been hear for a cupple years and there are black teen age boys that kidnaped a young wight boy raped him beat him then shuved a brome up the kids butt the burned him alive the boy was ten years old RIP black kids in gangs killin all this shit and wight boys actin like there black and this so called swag shit?! Idek what that means and I don't care becuse it ain't my people that made it becuse we love and are proude of who we are we don't need anythin but a t shirt jens and a ball cap or cowboy hate and I'm sorry but these kids wherein there pants to there anckls if I did that my mama and dad would beat my ass we ain't classy Rich people but we dress alot better then these damn city slickers and I miss it down home people acully cared about the person they were standing next to if you knew them or not and the kkk fly the stars and strips but 2 groups of them and I'm purty sure there in Ohio or atlest one in ohio that fly the reble flag the bars and stars whatever y'all wanna call it and I fly this flag in ohio in the bed of my truck not becuse I believe in slavery or I hate blacks becuse that's not what it stands for it stands for hope and state rights
what kind of grades did you get in English class??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 35 min yabadabado 148,943
Hot blonde 1 hr Big hammer 4
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 3 hr Walk with God 1,251
Old Bairds Gym 7 hr Cleanatlast 3
Stabbing in Grays 8 hr Dumber then dirt 18
Dustin Smith shot Bo Havens? 9 hr Justice 1
Hook up 9 hr jeff lee 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages