ATTSucks

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2010

Several friends and family have wireless phone service through AT&T and they all say the service leaves a lot to be desired. My cousin has an Internet phone and he says AT&T's Edge network is slow, slower, and more slower.
Why is their service so poor? Why so many dead areas for phone service? Without 3G, wireless phone service with this company would seem to be a waste.
What is the problem with AT&T and which company should I go with when I decide to get wireless phone service?

“Skinny little skank of a boy=)”

Since: Sep 08

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2010

Go Verizon or Sprint, both are cheaper, Have better Android based phones and you'll have 3g coverage almost everywhere.
Gigga Bytes

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2010

AT&T was leasing their signal from Dobson, who was the owners of Ramcell. Dobson is no longer in operation and the lease they had with AT&T expired on November 9, 2009. AT&T failed to make arrangements to lease new signal from someone else prior to this. So, anywhere that you were getting signal off of Dobson now pretty much sucks. I contacted AT&T and spoke with a rather many people, they told me that they hope to have most of this issue resolved by January 30, 2010. I am a bit concerned however, because the majority of the signal they need is covered by Verizon. For any of you that did not know, AT&T has sued Verizon over the map coverage ads. This could be a sticky situation for AT&T, its negotiations, and the customers of AT&T that live in the affected areas.
Whho

Stanford, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2010

Did you ever ask when 3g would be here?
Inlondon

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2010

Rumor has it that AT&T will have 3g in London and Corbin this summer.
you know

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2010

A large reason for why London and Corbin (and a huge section of the country, for that matter) don't have 3G coverage through AT&T is that since the area is largely rural and not a huge population base around, there is no real need to place towers and the necessary equipment. They just don't view it as being profitable enough since the population base isn't really around.
Bad Service

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2010

Inlondon wrote:
Rumor has it that AT&T will have 3g in London and Corbin this summer.
How substantial is that rumor. The people at the local retail store said they had no idea. They said the company tells them nothing. I will not consider doing business with them until they take care of their service and signal issues.
Gigga Bytes

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2010

I have no idea about the 3G. I only discussed with them the matters that I already stated. When service is completely gone, whether or not its 3G is not one of my primary concerns :)
Paul

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Imagine if you live in Manhattan!!!! AT&T is so bad that I still can not enjoy a song on YouTube via Facebook... after two years and it still buffers like crazy!! Or if I need to look up a word I use a dictionary... it's faster!! I feel they owe me half of the money or more that I gave them these past two years.I wish i could sue them for mental aggravation. Its a crime.
the tater

Cynthiana, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

we had at&t, and changed to sprint. the bill is a little higher but i have service everywhere so can't complain

“Better than ever”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Sprint drops the most calls, then at&t, then Verizon. I won't mention the other crappy service providers. Verizon is number 1 for a reason.
Teach

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Ok poynter...
Scott S

Garden City, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Ok, it's still happening. I want out of my contract due to failure of service. This is ridiculous. Calls to att do nothing. Changed sim cards and nothing. Walk out to the curb, still crappy reception. Go to my work place, crappy reception. Never had this problem with Verizon
phoneme

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Att always bad.
att sux

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

i had att for 4 years with no problems until a year ago. constant dropped calls, calls not going thru, no service in so many areas. i made numerous complaints for about 6 months with no improvements. i even tried changing sim cards. all they did was say they were hoping to have it resolved and was given a credit on my bill. i finally just went to straight talk with no contract. i will never get a phone on contract again. they want you to hold up your end of the contract but they find every loophole out of theirs. it seems since all these prepaid phones have been using att and verizons towers, service for regular paying contract customers has been getting worse. and contract customers pay higher fees and taxes. when switching to prepaid i was careful not to get one that used att towers. verizon towers seemed to get better reception.
Gibson

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

I work with AT&T they are switching all towers to the 4g network and the service will be spotted till February
Stephen

Ojai, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

Service use to be great.Now I have to say a Hail Mary to receive a call or call.The day my contract is up I'm gone .Been loyal for 20 years and they don't care
Cat40701

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Have family that work with "another" phone service out here. I had a 4g phone when I moved out toward the Bee Creek area. Had to go outside and walk around to even get a signal.

I was told that no "g" service will work good out in this area because you have to have a phone that runs off the Verizon towers. Got a phone from Walmart. No contracts. Works great. Low monthly payment and I never miss a call and all calls are clear. Problem solved.
Doggy Dude

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Their Internet service SUX also..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Corbin Forum right now

Search the Corbin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min Mike Duquette 122,976
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min amy 138,833
the tech guys 40 min Do you know 1
Stolen kids toys 2 hr Opinions 3
I'm looking for a party planner in Corbin,KY 2 hr Unknown 3
For Henry. I hope u see this. 2 hr Ditto 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr hum 81,227
•••
•••
•••
Corbin Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••