Gas prices down again ... thank you O...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#42 Jul 2, 2012
Ford Man wrote:
Bush isn't the current president. There comes a time when the current president has to be held accountable for his own actions. Our national debt is way out of control.

My question to you now is "what will happen when even the interest on this loan cannot be paid"?

What will happen when there is no one else to borrow from?

America will have to live within her own means, correct? Who will this effect?
Ford Man

Winchester, KY

#43 Jul 2, 2012
Just Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush isn't the current president. There comes a time when the current president has to be held accountable for his own actions. Our national debt is way out of control.
My question to you now is "what will happen when even the interest on this loan cannot be paid"?
What will happen when there is no one else to borrow from?
America will have to live within her own means, correct? Who will this effect?
With the way you've replied, you seem to understand who caused the mess we're in. And with all the questions you've asked, you appear to understand what needs to be corrected. I really don't know how they're going to correct it, because they've sent all our tax revenue generating manufacturing plants over seas. Not only the manufacturing plants, but all tax generating industry.

What would you suggest he do, beside what's already been tried?

Location hidden

#44 Jul 2, 2012
Ford Man wrote:
<quoted text>With the way you've replied, you seem to understand who caused the mess we're in. And with all the questions you've asked, you appear to understand what needs to be corrected. I really don't know how they're going to correct it, because they've sent all our tax revenue generating manufacturing plants over seas. Not only the manufacturing plants, but all tax generating industry.

What would you suggest he do, beside what's already been tried?
I wish I knew an answer. I fear whomever gets voted in, America is in trouble. Things I fear are going to get even worse.
Living within our means would be a great start, and I'm speaking as a nation, not just any one particular person.
The national debt, and the economy.
Phew. Two things that really needs a miracle.

I just do not know.
Ford Man

Winchester, KY

#45 Jul 2, 2012
Just Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I knew an answer. I fear whomever gets voted in, America is in trouble. Things I fear are going to get even worse.
Living within our means would be a great start, and I'm speaking as a nation, not just any one particular person.
The national debt, and the economy.
Phew. Two things that really needs a miracle.
I just do not know.
I'm with you on this. I don't know the answer myself. But, something along these lines would help...

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/08/indu...

Location hidden

#46 Jul 2, 2012
Ford Man wrote:
<quoted text>I'm with you on this. I don't know the answer myself. But, something along these lines would help...

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/08/indu...
Hmm. Sounds like that it could, Are you saying to get rid of Toyota and charge a hefty price for them to import Toyota. Buy American? I defiantly agree, if so.
It DOES sound like a good idea!

That's a scary thing what bush said about Putin isn't it?

Something else that just might work out better then taxing just middle class people would be to add taxes to everything we purchase. Not just taxable items. Everything. That would have everyone in America paying on this. It would end illegal immigrants from not paying. Even government ebt, recipients would be paying.
Maybe?
Amelia

Cullman, AL

#47 Jul 3, 2012
Dan- you are a stupid idiot. You need to be committed to an institution. It's people like you that make Americans look DUMB!!!!!
Obama HAS helped gas prices go down. There are people who bid on oil shares, that have no intent on purchasing them. They are bidding to make a quick buck and then move on. Obama has passed a law (recently) to stop this speculation that is occurring. These people can not bid on shares and cause the gas prices to fluctuate. This is why we are seeing gas prices going down and staying at a more level rate.(rather than jumping up and down day to day) So get your facts straight and stop listening to Fox News all the time. Go out and get educated on what is really going on in our nation!
Andy

Cullman, AL

#48 Jul 3, 2012
adult in the room

Corbin, KY

#49 Jul 3, 2012
Amelia wrote:
Dan- you are a stupid idiot. You need to be committed to an institution. It's people like you that make Americans look DUMB!!!!!
Obama HAS helped gas prices go down. There are people who bid on oil shares, that have no intent on purchasing them. They are bidding to make a quick buck and then move on. Obama has passed a law (recently) to stop this speculation that is occurring. These people can not bid on shares and cause the gas prices to fluctuate. This is why we are seeing gas prices going down and staying at a more level rate.(rather than jumping up and down day to day) So get your facts straight and stop listening to Fox News all the time. Go out and get educated on what is really going on in our nation!
Before you call anyone an idiot, you should get YOUR facts straight. Obama didn't pass any law (that's what congress does). He CALLED on congress to pass a law limiting speculation, which they have NOT done. By the way, speculating on oil futures is perfectly legal, but it can make prices volatile. Economic slowdown is why the prices came down , not any regulation. The price jumped again this week because of the euro agreement last fri. Also, Iran is rattling it's sabres again talking about shutting down the Strait of Hormuz. If this trend continues, we'll be back to $4 by election time.
Hergy

London, KY

#50 Jul 4, 2012
adult in the room wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you call anyone an idiot, you should get YOUR facts straight. Obama didn't pass any law (that's what congress does). He CALLED on congress to pass a law limiting speculation, which they have NOT done. By the way, speculating on oil futures is perfectly legal, but it can make prices volatile. Economic slowdown is why the prices came down , not any regulation. The price jumped again this week because of the euro agreement last fri. Also, Iran is rattling it's sabres again talking about shutting down the Strait of Hormuz. If this trend continues, we'll be back to $4 by election time.
Yep, obama won't be able to stop it, let us remember the gas price during election time.... and the Health Care T A X remember the tax that wasn't passed as a tax but is now a T A X.... Remember what Obama(Hitler) is trying to do......
adult in the room

Corbin, KY

#51 Jul 4, 2012
Hergy wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, obama won't be able to stop it, let us remember the gas price during election time.... and the Health Care T A X remember the tax that wasn't passed as a tax but is now a T A X.... Remember what Obama(Hitler) is trying to do......
Huh? I'm not sure what you're meaning. Not saying that you're right or wrong, just don't understand. Look, gas prices are based on North Sea (Brent) oil futures. The price goes up/down based on supply and demand. Supply is based on production (OPEC). Demand is based on consumption. Alot of things factor in to consumption such as time of year, economic conditions, and emerging markets (China, India, South America). All I'm saying is a sitting president has LITTLE to do with the price, but gets alot of the blame or praise.

Prevost USA

#52 Jul 4, 2012
Gas going up again.
Joker

London, KY

#53 Jul 4, 2012
The Real Just Me wrote:
Gas going up again.
That will be Bush's fault, wait and see.
Jack Frost

United States

#54 Jul 4, 2012
Amelia wrote:
Go out and get educated on what is really going on in our nation!
Dan has it right. You are the one full of sheit if you believe Broke Obama is anything more than a piece of crap for a president.
tired of high gas prices

Corbin, KY

#55 Jul 4, 2012
back up again i just wish oboma would just get voted out he and his people keeps the poor people down it dosent matter if you think your finaly getting ahead you get hit with gas prices going back up or food prices going higher everything is getting higher but our pay checks why dont they give the working people a cost of living raise they give people who draw checks a raise why dont they give us one we pay for there checks isnt time the working people get a break come on oboma do something for the ones that pay your wage

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corbin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 27 min Alice 141,483
denise cloud 1 hr Denise 6
Gays in Corbin 1 hr Ole 442 6
shooting 10 hr you know u lied 1
How to get rid of Ants (May '10) 10 hr ants 24
Stay out of my BP Gas Station Food Mart (Jul '11) 11 hr Bob 129
cta fire 2003 12 hr what 5
More from around the web

Corbin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Corbin Mortgages