#58274 Aug 26, 2014
Dow Jones reaches record highs !

Thanks President Obama for getting my 401K back up to 750K
Yeah baby!
Dem voter

Lehighton, PA

#58276 Aug 26, 2014
screwyrepublic wrote:
BTW, as for governor even though I am a Republican I have to admit I am not sure at this time who I will vote for. Not really happy with Corbet.
I'm kind of in the same boat as a Democrat. My problem is Wolfe is going to raise taxes and I'm afraid he may outspend Rendell, which means keep your hand on your wallet.
PAs Full of Complainers

Los Angeles, CA

#58277 Aug 27, 2014
Gov. Brown is the man! So glad I moved to the Left Coast LOL
Eddie Swindell

West Mifflin, PA

#58278 Aug 27, 2014
Dem voter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm kind of in the same boat as a Democrat. My problem is Wolfe is going to raise taxes and I'm afraid he may outspend Rendell, which means keep your hand on your wallet.
You spermguzzler we got taxes raised under Corbett......Remember??

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#58280 Aug 28, 2014
screwyrepublic wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to define "arsenal" here for us?
Is it more than one gun?
Two?
Five?
Maybe you should look up "arsenal".
Wikipedia says this about "arsenal":
An arsenal is a place where arms and ammunition are made, maintained and repaired, stored, or issued, in any combination, whether privately or publicly owned.
And here is another definition by Dictionary.com :
a place of storage or a magazine containing arms and military equipment for land or naval service.
a government establishment where military equipment or munitions are manufactured.
a collection or supply of weapons or munitions.
a collection or supply of anything; store:
Nowhere do I see a number defining what an arsenal is. But because it says "arms" it seems to mean more than one. Most people that only hunt, including myself, have more than one gun. If I own only one gun and I only deer hunt with, say a 30-06, would you want me to also use that for self defense (as I have seen people mention) if I live next door to you? A 30-06 can go through a lot of walls. But if you are going to limit me to only one gun and the majority of what I do is deer hunt but I may have to defend my home...think about it.
What people chose to buy is their own business. The greater majority of people that own multiple guns legally or collect guns are not the ones shooting people. I know many people that own 10 guns or more and they are not the ones shooting up places like Erie and never will be.
The criminals that have only one gun are and they are the people to be afraid of.
Defend your home from whom?
D Cheney

West Mifflin, PA

#58282 Aug 29, 2014
Here’s Rick Perry’s Mug Shot !!!!!!!!!!

Texas governor Rick Perry was indicted last week on two felony counts of abuse of power. Today, he turned himself in to the Travis County Courthouse so he could be booked, fingerprinted, and have his mug shot taken.

The whole process took about 10 to 15 minutes, and on his way out, Perry stopped to thank the courthouse staff for their professionalism.

Things you wont hear on Faux Noise !!!

Read the shocking story here:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/08/...
PA VOTER

Langhorne, PA

#58283 Aug 30, 2014
Tom Corbetts going to have a tough fight on his hands.
big dong

West Mifflin, PA

#58284 Aug 30, 2014
Tom Wolf up 25 Points in the polls..........

VOTE WOLF
VOTE FOR A WIINER !!
Our Community Organizer

Wilkes Barre, PA

#58285 Aug 30, 2014
Krauthammer ‘Shocked’ By Obama’s Admission That He Has No ISIS, Ukraine Strategy
08/28/2014

Conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer thought he’d seen it all from President Obama. But he admitted he was “shocked” by Thursday’s White House press conference, when Obama admitted he had no strategy on ISIS and planned on doing nothing to support Ukraine against Russia.

“Look, I thought the president could no longer surprise me,” Krauthammer told Fox News’ Bret Baier.“I was wrong. He shocked me today. The President of the United States, in the middle of a real crisis, a few days after the beheading of an American — deliberately sort of spitting in the face of the country and demonstrating his cruelty — the president gets in front of the world and says,‘I don’t have a strategy.’

If that is true, don’t say anything!” he exhorted the president.“Why do you announce you don’t have a strategy?”

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/28/krauthammer...
The Obamacare Disaster

Clarks Summit, PA

#58286 Aug 31, 2014
Florida Obamacare Enrollment Total Plummets By A Quarter
08/29/2014

Florida’s Obamacare enrollment is now over 220,000 lower than the Obama administration’s most recent tally, according to a report from the state insurance department.

The Obama administration hasn’t released updated Obamacare enrollment statistics since May, when the Department of Health and Human Services put the number of Florida sign-ups at 983,775 — but the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation says that now, just 762,723 Floridians have health insurance through the exchange.
The 220,000-plus drop in one state is one of the first updates on Obamacare statistics and could have serious national implications. The Obama administration trumpeted an Obamacare victory with 8 million sign-ups, but if other states are undergoing similar enrollment drops the real number of Americans who have bought coverage could be much lower.

The administration has unsurprisingly been hesitant to release any updated information about Obamacare exchange enrollment nationally.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/29/florida-oba...
Dick Nixon

West Mifflin, PA

#58288 Aug 31, 2014
You idiot !

The article has the count inflated by double - the actual shrinkage is 12.5%.

See here for thoughtful analysis:
http://acasignups.net/14/08/30/which-daily-ca...

A number of errors in the article right off the bat but the biggie is the 'paid' versus 'enrolled' figures. Here the article plays fast and loose and the numbers don't add up.

Finally, Florida is a state of many elderly people - the article's analysis does not go into how many of those people on the Exchange that transitioned to Medicare as they just turned 65. And as more people are getting employed, how many transitioned into Employer healthcare. These two aspects can factor into the change out of Individual insurance.

But then this isn't a real news outlet anyway, else there would be news right beside Florida's figures of Maryland's figures which shows a .33% attrition rate. No, this article is just meant to feed the red meat to the haters of the PPACA, nothing more.
R NIxon

West Mifflin, PA

#58289 Aug 31, 2014
About a year ago, Georgia Insurance Commissioner Ralph Hudgens bragged to a crowd of fellow Republicans:“Let me tell you what we’re doing [about ObamaCare]: Everything in our power to be an obstructionist.”

It was a striking quote that quickly took on national significance. As a rule, policymakers at least pretend to care about working constructively, but here was a state official boasting about his deliberate embrace of obstructionism.

And yet, this week, Hudgens said he didn’t really mean it.

“I spoke to a Republican group in Rome, Ga., and I said I was going to be an obstructionist, but I can’t be. I mean, I was talking to a Republican group and I was throwing them some red meat.”

Read the shocking story here:

http://acasignups.net/14/08/23/not-just-calif...
R NIxon

West Mifflin, PA

#58290 Aug 31, 2014
"As a result, Republicans have tamed their attacks on Obamacare, and national Democratic strategists are less worried about it hurting their candidates.
I’d be remiss if I neglected to note how quietly all of this is unfolding. Late last year, Republicans and much of the political establishment was convinced that the Affordable Care Act was Katrina and Watergate combined. This was a catastrophic disaster, we were told, that would destroy Obama’s presidency and quite possibly ruin the very idea of progressive governance.

Every discouraging report was breaking news; every recipient of a cancellation letter had reporters knocking on their door.

Now that the ACA is succeeding and the politics winds have changed direction, it seems health care isn’t generating nearly as many headlines."

As I said a number of months ago that ACA trending very positive and that was unlikely to change and that the positive trend was accelerating rapidly. The war was being won even though there was no surrender.

As football fans know, if the score is 21 - 7 with 8 minutes to go in the 4th quarter and the team scores another TD (to make it 28 - 7) the game is most likely won. No need to wait for the final gun to go off to know which team will prevail.

I considered the 'war won' on say April 1 when ACA hit 7M (I think Obama also had a victory party in the Rose Garden). The 8th million in April was a late TD to 'run up the score' so to speak.
Dems Obamacare Tragedy

Wilkes Barre, PA

#58292 Aug 31, 2014
Having trouble finding a good job and affordable health insurance? Thank Obamacare.
The Obamacare debacle is 100% Democrat legislation.
Not a single Republican voted for this boondoggle. Not one.
Remember that as you pay your increased insurance rates and deductibles and as you vote in November.

[The Townhall website reports the following.]

Obamacare is Affecting Everyone
Aug 30, 2014

Millions of people are out of work and can’t find a job.

Many of those who have jobs are being forced to work part-time instead of full-time.

And those who have full-time jobs are in for a nasty surprise. Next year’s take home pay is like likely to be smaller than what they earn right now.

In all cases the reason is the same: Obamacare.

Why can’t people find a job? Three Federal Reserve Banks – in Philadelphia, New York and Atlanta – have released business surveys that confirm what many of us have been predicting.

The new health law is discouraging a significant number of firms from hiring and is also pushing workers into part-time, rather than full time jobs.

The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia survey of business in its region finds that because of Obamacare:
* 18.2% of employers say they cut workers versus 3.0 percent who hired more.
* 18.2% say the proportion of part-time workers is higher versus 1.5% who say it is lower.
* 13.7% reported more outsourcing to other firms versus 3% with less outsourcing.

The New York Fed found that because of Obamacare:
* 21% of manufacturers say they are reducing employment, while 3% are increasing their workforce.
* Among manufacturers, 19.3% say they are increasing the proportion of part-time work, while 3.5% say they are reducing it.

An Atlanta Fed poll earlier this month found that 34% of businesses planned to hire more part-time workers than in the past, mostly because of a rise in the relative costs of their full-time colleagues.
Obamas House of Cards

Wilkes Barre, PA

#58293 Aug 31, 2014
Obamacare Enrollment Is Shrinking Fast
08/11/2014

The number of Obamacare enrollments for top health insurer Aetna is plummeting, according to a report from Investor’s Business Daily.

Aetna’s enrollment reached 720,000 by May 20, after the final end to the the extended open enrollment period. But by the end of June Aetna had less than 600,000 paying customers, IBD reports, and the company expects paying customers to fall to “just over 500,000&#8243; by the end of 2015.

That would be a drop of just under 30 percent from the May sign-up numbers — the last time the Obama administration released its official Obamacare enrollment tally.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/11/obamacare-e...

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#58294 Aug 31, 2014
Obamas House of Cards wrote:
Obamacare Enrollment Is Shrinking Fast
08/11/2014
The number of Obamacare enrollments for top health insurer Aetna is plummeting, according to a report from Investor’s Business Daily.
Aetna’s enrollment reached 720,000 by May 20, after the final end to the the extended open enrollment period. But by the end of June Aetna had less than 600,000 paying customers, IBD reports, and the company expects paying customers to fall to “just over 500,000&#8243; by the end of 2015.
That would be a drop of just under 30 percent from the May sign-up numbers — the last time the Obama administration released its official Obamacare enrollment tally.
http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/11/obamacare-e...
Will you show us the article from the Daily Caller when they recognized that since the ACA, unemployment has dropped, the number of uninsured has gone down, health insurance inflation is the lowest on record and there still are no death panels?

You can't, because your dumb tea bag rag doesn't print the truth. They target stupid people and make them dumber.

Looks like they hit the mark here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coraopolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Down with the US Fri Hate Being American 1
Is Coraopolis Safe? (Feb '11) Feb 9 no name 11
Review: MDofPC Doctor of Computers (Apr '13) Dec '14 Donald Davidson 21
Video: Boys Soccer Wpial a Championship Sewickl... Nov '14 tcdavis 1
Review: Midas Auto Service Experts Robinson TWP... (Jul '12) Oct '14 Fed up customer 8
Heard off the street: Dreams of steel minimill ... Sep '14 Sam 1
in search of newer red impala involved in hit &... Sep '14 rondo 1
Coraopolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Coraopolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:48 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 3:48PM