Plans for commercial operations in Ha...

Plans for commercial operations in Hamilton Township move forward

There are 34 comments on the Public Opinion story from Dec 19, 2008, titled Plans for commercial operations in Hamilton Township move forward. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Developers are proceeding with plans to expand retail operations at U.S. 30 and Warm Spring Road west of Chambersburg: - The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection recently approved sewer and water ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
single and free

Newville, PA

#1 Dec 19, 2008
why not a sam's club we have enough walmarts
Annie

Newville, PA

#2 Dec 19, 2008
Why would a town the size of Chambersburg need two WalMart or two Target stores?

I find it interesting that the name of this box store is such a secret. How can approval be given without anyone knowing who the occupants will be? Sounds strange to me.
yada-yada

Southampton, PA

#3 Dec 19, 2008
Sure hope there are plans for a traffic light at Crottlestown Road. You take your life in your hands now to get on 30 going towards town or coming out from Hamilton Park Apartments.
Reagan

Washington, NJ

#4 Dec 19, 2008
you take your life in your own hands living there
JED and CLEM

Chambersburg, PA

#5 Dec 19, 2008
Do ya think that them thar big shots would buy some of me and Clems shine?
RubberStamp

Manahawkin, NJ

#6 Dec 19, 2008
JED and CLEM wrote:
Do ya think that them thar big shots would buy some of me and Clems shine?
Ask the D.A.
For What Its Worth

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Dec 19, 2008
Annie wrote:
I find it interesting that the name of this box store is such a secret. How can approval be given without anyone knowing who the occupants will be? Sounds strange to me.
The name of the store is not a secret to the powers that be approving it - only a secret to you & me, the public!
Joe 6 pack

Furlong, PA

#8 Dec 19, 2008
I hope it's a giant Dollar store. We need one more in this town to class things up.
anon

Fannettsburg, PA

#9 Dec 19, 2008
Any chance it will be American English oriented?
Why Worry

Gettysburg, PA

#10 Dec 19, 2008
In this economy which looks bleak for the near future, I find it stranger still that mass merchandisers would want to expand at this time.
Home Depot probably took the right track in not opening a new store in these conditions.

On top of that the population density is light on this end of town, and most people in Fulton County head towards Hagerstown.
fedup

Holt, MI

#11 Dec 19, 2008
your right they should put a sams club here.wouldn't have to go to hagerstownto shop save on gas.

“vestri solemnitas ”

Since: Feb 08

WaynesWorld

#12 Dec 19, 2008
I am betting it is a Sam's Club.

Considered a "Big Box" store because they sell in bulk.
Hope

Toms River, NJ

#13 Dec 19, 2008
How about a Costco?
thankful resident

Gettysburg, PA

#14 Dec 19, 2008
This should add more jobs which Franklin County needs plus give the East end of Chambersburg some business saving residents in that area from having to travel through C'burg to do their shopping. Lets be thankful instead of always being critical
BSS

Wilmington, DE

#15 Dec 19, 2008
Didn't think Sams club hadto be at least 100 miles between each store?
Shane

Norristown, PA

#16 Dec 19, 2008
BSS wrote:
Didn't think Sams club hadto be at least 100 miles between each store?
hagerstown and frederick is not 100 miles
Upset Local

Carlisle, PA

#17 Dec 19, 2008
Yippee, just what we need.

I looked over the Sunnyway Foods gas station site this morning.

That's a terrible location for traffic even without the gas pumps located there.

More insane thinking in the name of "Supervisor Progress" for another dinky township.

PS - Commercial space is shrinking and beginning the same slow fall that residential has been going through. Adding more new stores - at the cost of other stores being vacant - makes even less sense than locating a gas station in a tight congested, poor-visibility location!
Anon33

South Plainfield, NJ

#18 Dec 19, 2008
single and free wrote:
why not a sam's club we have enough walmarts
They are basically the same. All Sam's club does is give you the opportunity to buy in huge bulk.

Sir Fatboy

“Who, me?”

Since: Nov 08

Brooklyn,NY

#19 Dec 19, 2008
Hope wrote:
How about a Costco?
Too good to be true. They carry much better merchandise than Sam's.
USDA

Newburg, PA

#20 Dec 19, 2008
For What Its Worth wrote:
<quoted text>
The name of the store is not a secret to the powers that be approving it - only a secret to you & me, the public!
The supervisors probably do not know the name of the tenant. When doing development, planning officials need only the building, land use, and traffic info, they don't actually get to "approve" who uses the building, only that it doesn't violate already established ordinances.

So much for your grand conspiracy theory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coraopolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: MDofPC Doctor of Computers (Apr '13) Sun davidaustins 22
Kennedy Township Police are failing to protect us (Aug '12) Apr 3 Very angry citizens 15
Review: A Plus School of Driving LLC (Apr '12) Dec '15 SARKAR 5
News Officials Arrest Suspect On Most Wanted List (Apr '10) Oct '15 Josh Reinhardt 49
News Team 4: Kennedy Twp. Police Chief's House Not O... (Nov '10) Oct '15 Beats 2
WHERE'S Dan???? (Jul '14) Oct '15 Beats 5
Review: Body Beautiful Laser Skin Center (Aug '15) Aug '15 Monica Salisbury 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coraopolis Mortgages