Area drum corps gets inaugural invite

Area drum corps gets inaugural invite

There are 3 comments on the The Morning Call story from Dec 9, 2008, titled Area drum corps gets inaugural invite. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

20. The 150-member drum corps, made up of teens and young adults from around the world, was among 49 organizations singled out by the Presidential Inaugural Committee in its ''first wave'' of announced ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#1 Dec 9, 2008
Congratulations, and have a great time! However, you're coming to DC the day of the Inauguration? I'm hearing figures of over 5 million people who will be attending the events around town, I think I'd try to get in a day or 2 early, if you can find a place to stay. I can't imagine how traffic will be on Inauguration Day.
Michael Terry

Woodstock, GA

#2 Dec 15, 2008
This is an outstanding honor for Allentown and the Lehigh Valley to have The Cadets represent the area at this historic event. The Cadets, founded in 1934, are arguably the most honored drum and bugle corps in the world and will celebrate their 75th anniversary of continuous operation in 2009. They won their first national championship, the American Legion Nationals, in 1940. Between 1940 and 1964 the Cadets won ten Legion crowns, more than any other junior corps, retiring the championship trophy twice (meaning they twice won three times in a row). More recently, the corps has won 9 Drum Corps International World Championships between 1983 and 2005, and has been a DCI World Championship finalist 31 times since DCI was founded in 1972 including earning a finalist berth every year since 1980 (28 consecutive years). Please help the Cadets defray the costs of traveling to Washington D.C. for this historic performance by contributing to the fund raising effort. Details and donation options can be found at www.yea.org/cadets .
Teleny

Easton, PA

#3 Dec 26, 2011
Wonder if they took the synths on the road?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coraopolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Body Beautiful Laser Skin Center Aug 22 Monica Salisbury 1
News Officials Arrest Suspect On Most Wanted List (Apr '10) Aug 18 Real Rick J 48
Kennedy Township Police are failing to protect us (Aug '12) Aug 5 PoPo 1995 13
Building Near Kennedy Giant Eagle (Sep '06) Jul '15 Al Sharpton Jr 20
Review: A Plus School of Driving LLC (Apr '12) Jul '15 Alexis Rodgers 4
News Big retailer -- perhaps Wal-Mart -- planned for... (Jul '08) Jun '15 bubba 159
WHERE'S Dan???? (Jul '14) Apr '15 Wouldntyaliketoknow 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coraopolis Mortgages