Review: Clear Choice Cleaning Co

Posted in the Coraopolis Forum

K schultz

United States

#1 Jan 19, 2009
I don't know if this is the same Clear Choice company that cleaned my ducts recently but the number is the same. I feel like I have been "scammed" by this company. They charged me to clean two returns when it has recently been realized that I only have one return. They charged $50.00 to check my furnace and said that it was clean and didn't need to be cleaned. About one month later, the Gas Company has red-tagged my furnace for gas leaks. It also has CO leaks. After they left the house after spending less than an hour cleaning our ducts. my husband removed our furnace air filter directly at the end of our main return to find layers and layers of dust, toothbrushes and other items at the bottom of this return. It had NOT been cleaned, though they stuck what looked like a shop vac down this duct that was in there after I returned from getting my son at preschool. I did call about this, they said that they don't clean furnaces. I told them this was the bottom of my main return and not the furnace. The man on the phone said "well I would have done a more thorough job" ALl they had to do was remove our furnace filter that just comes out to access the bottom of this return. I believe they came to my house and cleaned two ducts. The house smelled as if they applied mildecide, though I feel a smell was just discharged in our ducts some-how to make it appear as if this had been done ($270.00 for this part). How a company can clean ducts and not supply new filters is beyond me. I only paid 350 for this service. If I had paid the 964 quote they gave me I would have been BEYOND pissed. They told me I had mold after placing the scope down the duct, never showed it to me, never ran the camera after they cleaned the ducts to prove that they where clean. It is really my own fault. I should have insisted. You should if they come to your house, despite how nice they seem or how many "breaks" they are giving you or how many items on the list they are doing "at no cost". Or how mad they say the owner is on the phone when he finds out they are giving you these items for less. The 59.95 air duct cleaning is a lie. There is no such thing. I knew this would be the case but I did expect them to do more than what was done for the money we paid. When I saw the bottom of that return my heart dropped. When the gas company shut down my furnace and now we need a new one, I now know for sure that the whole thing was one giant SCAM. Customers BEWARE!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coraopolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: MDofPC Doctor of Computers (Jun '12) Fri frederickkeyls 30
WHERE'S Dan???? (Jul '14) Mar 23 PoPo 1995 3
Down with the US Mar 3 Bownhead 2
Is Coraopolis Safe? (Feb '11) Feb '15 no name 11
Review: MDofPC Doctor of Computers (Apr '13) Dec '14 Donald Davidson 21
News Video: Boys Soccer Wpial a Championship Sewickl... Nov '14 tcdavis 1
Review: Midas Auto Service Experts Robinson TWP... (Jul '12) Oct '14 Fed up customer 8
Coraopolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Coraopolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]