Village Gossip

Saint James, NY

#363 Jan 19, 2013
not a koolaid drinker wrote:
<quoted text>actually, when the deed was granted mastic beach was much smaller. village added parts of shirley. also, the properties have been extended/remodeled/expanded. this is not a simple lawsuit. there is alot to untangle. the village never has said what their plan is for the marinas. and, for the person who said that mbpoa would be responsible for the damage to the marinas if the village gets them, i would like to see a judge say mbpoa was negligent to have allowed a hurricane to hit it's marinas. it's laughable. and please. learn how to use grammar and spelling. it's embarassing
The MBPOA should have had insurance on the marinas. Its their NEGLIGENCE that makes them liable. The MBPOA has done very little to help upkeep on those marinas for years except when DiBonna had a stake in it. Other then that it was take take take, like have a joke of a security there....Remember all the boats broken into and damaged, like mine. I was told too bad when I know it was DiBonna and his cronies that damaged my boat(witness saw them and was scared of what DiBonna would do to her). DiBonna laughed when I told him he was spotted doing it and said try to have me arrested. He dared me and never said he did not do it.
now what

White Plains, NY

#364 Jan 19, 2013
So dig him up and have him arrested.
Bob is gone let him rest in peace,we have problems right now that need attention in the village.
Now they are talking about opening up a Drunken Donuts down by the high school.
Let them put it on Neighborhood Rd.where it will do some good and bring people into the village.
Vote the bum out

Mastic Beach, NY

#365 Jan 20, 2013
Village Gossip wrote:
<quoted text>
The MBPOA should have had insurance on the marinas. Its their NEGLIGENCE that makes them liable. The MBPOA has done very little to help upkeep on those marinas for years except when DiBonna had a stake in it. Other then that it was take take take, like have a joke of a security there....Remember all the boats broken into and damaged, like mine. I was told too bad when I know it was DiBonna and his cronies that damaged my boat(witness saw them and was scared of what DiBonna would do to her). DiBonna laughed when I told him he was spotted doing it and said try to have me arrested. He dared me and never said he did not do it.
youre the same fool who used to go by the tittle Former MBPOA member. You sounded like a fool then, and you still sound like a fool now. What a bunch of lies. No one other then kids messed with your boat. Here's an idea, go keep it at your buddies Gary's marina. I'm sure it will be much better then at the MBPOA marina and much cheaper too! What a fool you are.
Still Waiting

Shirley, NY

#366 Jan 21, 2013
Nobody from the Village side has yet in over 6 years said what it is that the Village wants to do with the waterfront and the marinas. Why is that so hard to answer?

Let's try again - If the village wins the lawsuit what is their plan for the properties and marinas?
My Humble Opinion

Mastic Beach, NY

#367 Jan 21, 2013
Still Waiting wrote:
Nobody from the Village side has yet in over 6 years said what it is that the Village wants to do with the waterfront and the marinas. Why is that so hard to answer?
Let's try again - If the village wins the lawsuit what is their plan for the properties and marinas?
the village is entitled to try to secure the property rights that were enumerated in the MBPOA deed which envisioned a village way back in 1940. I think once the matter is decided, the village will likely pursue a lease/management agreement that will make the marina cash cow the jewel of MBV. The current stewards (MBPOA) have sadly dropped the ball probably to make the village bear the costs of Sandy damage and neglect. 6 years ago, the movement to start a village was just an idea. Nobody knew there was a deed stipulating the marinas and clubhouse would become village property. And yes, I do predict the village will win, but I won't lose any sleep either way.
Still Waiting

Shirley, NY

#368 Jan 21, 2013
My Humble Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>the village is entitled to try to secure the property rights that were enumerated in the MBPOA deed which envisioned a village way back in 1940. I think once the matter is decided, the village will likely pursue a lease/management agreement that will make the marina cash cow the jewel of MBV. The current stewards (MBPOA) have sadly dropped the ball probably to make the village bear the costs of Sandy damage and neglect. 6 years ago, the movement to start a village was just an idea. Nobody knew there was a deed stipulating the marinas and clubhouse would become village property. And yes, I do predict the village will win, but I won't lose any sleep either way.
Obviously you were not around at the beginning or perhaps not part of the inner circle the deed was part of the village and pcca from the start. How will the new lessor/management people make it the cash cow jewel of MBV? Will it be taxpayer money that it used to fix up the marinas? or will it be doubled or tripled dock fees? I would rather pay less and have more simple services for my slip than have a state of the art marina that I cannot afford. I just don't see the marinas as a big cash cow. Most marinas are just barely making it. How profitable is Gary's marina? I heard he was almost in bankruptcy/forclosure before the village.
My Humble Opinion

Mastic Beach, NY

#369 Jan 21, 2013
Still Waiting wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you were not around at the beginning or perhaps not part of the inner circle the deed was part of the village and pcca from the start. How will the new lessor/management people make it the cash cow jewel of MBV? Will it be taxpayer money that it used to fix up the marinas? or will it be doubled or tripled dock fees? I would rather pay less and have more simple services for my slip than have a state of the art marina that I cannot afford. I just don't see the marinas as a big cash cow. Most marinas are just barely making it. How profitable is Gary's marina? I heard he was almost in bankruptcy/forclosure before the village.
I just think there was no internal control with all the CASH coming in nor would I believe all the money made its way into the bank. As long as you are on this subject, does MBPOA collect sales tax on their bar and food sales? It was a cash cow. I want a boardwalk, with restaurants, hotels, marina businesses, boat rentals, bike and canoe rentals,
Victor zeleny

Brooklyn, NY

#370 Jan 21, 2013
The mbpoa has a club licence & they break the law every fri night but kate drinks there ,why is it only the mbpoa can run things & nobody else .
not a koolaid drinker

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#371 Jan 21, 2013
Victor zeleny wrote:
The mbpoa has a club licence & they break the law every fri night but kate drinks there ,why is it only the mbpoa can run things & nobody else .
then i guess the knights of columbus, and yacht club must be breaking the law too. also the fire house is breaking the law according to victor.
not a koolaid drinker

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#372 Jan 21, 2013
Village Gossip wrote:
<quoted text>
The MBPOA should have had insurance on the marinas. Its their NEGLIGENCE that makes them liable. The MBPOA has done very little to help upkeep on those marinas for years except when DiBonna had a stake in it. Other then that it was take take take, like have a joke of a security there....Remember all the boats broken into and damaged, like mine. I was told too bad when I know it was DiBonna and his cronies that damaged my boat(witness saw them and was scared of what DiBonna would do to her). DiBonna laughed when I told him he was spotted doing it and said try to have me arrested. He dared me and never said he did not do it.
you are a disgusting individual. what kind of person says things like this? you wait until someone dies and then badmouth them?

please stop this. it is hurtful and not necessary
VZ hates all

White Plains, NY

#373 Jan 21, 2013
Victor zeleny wrote:
The mbpoa has a club licence & they break the law every fri night but kate drinks there ,why is it only the mbpoa can run things & nobody else .
Victor is president of the he-man woman's haters club.
Victor hates Gays,Blacks,and Jews,wait until he finds out Gail is a Jew.
Still Waiting

Shirley, NY

#374 Jan 21, 2013
My Humble Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>I just think there was no internal control with all the CASH coming in nor would I believe all the money made its way into the bank. As long as you are on this subject, does MBPOA collect sales tax on their bar and food sales? It was a cash cow. I want a boardwalk, with restaurants, hotels, marina businesses, boat rentals, bike and canoe rentals,
I guess the fact that SuperStorm Sandy blew through Mastic Beach, one of the lowest lying, wetland communities was lost on you. Businesses by the waterfront are not going to happen. Look at a wetlands map. Never going to happen. Why not start at Violets Cove and Gary's area. No wetlands there.If you think restaurants, hotels and boardwalks are coming start there. The Donald pulled out of his restaurant project on Jones Beach after Sandy. Waterfront development is a loser. Develop Neighborhood Road with access bike/walk routes to get to the waterfront.
Laughing at losers

Mastic Beach, NY

#375 Jan 22, 2013
not a koolaid drinker wrote:
<quoted text>then i guess the knights of columbus, and yacht club must be breaking the law too. also the fire house is breaking the law according to victor.
The MBPOA is a civic organization and it is not exempt from NY Sales Tax, and it is required to collect FICA on tips received by its employees. The mention of the fire dept is not relevant because they are a tax exempt municipality and they don't sell food or drink to the public. Yacht club is anyone's guess. K of C is 501c3 tax exempt.

Since: Dec 07

Mastic Beach N.Y.

#376 Jan 22, 2013
Still Waiting wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the fact that SuperStorm Sandy blew through Mastic Beach, one of the lowest lying, wetland communities was lost on you. Businesses by the waterfront are not going to happen. Look at a wetlands map. Never going to happen. Why not start at Violets Cove and Gary's area. No wetlands there.If you think restaurants, hotels and boardwalks are coming start there. The Donald pulled out of his restaurant project on Jones Beach after Sandy. Waterfront development is a loser. Develop Neighborhood Road with access bike/walk routes to get to the waterfront.
Ignoring MB for the moment,do you really believe that other coastal communities affected by sandy won't rebuild? Donny had huge problems long before the storm, turned out to be a good excuse for him though. If you are personally willing to take the risk of storm damage then the state should mind its buisness and not hamper you.
vote the corrupt bums out

Mastic Beach, NY

#377 Jan 22, 2013
My Humble Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>I just think there was no internal control with all the CASH coming in nor would I believe all the money made its way into the bank. As long as you are on this subject, does MBPOA collect sales tax on their bar and food sales? It was a cash cow. I want a boardwalk, with restaurants, hotels, marina businesses, boat rentals, bike and canoe rentals,
then move to a village that has all that and leave our waterfront alone. Why do we need to turn MB into EVERY OTHER place on LI? Didn't the "board walk" in every coastal area just collapse in Sandy and are now in need of MAJOR reconstruction which will cost millions???
If its pointless and stupid, you can rest assure it will be done in MBV!
Members Only

Shirley, NY

#378 Jan 22, 2013
Laughing at losers wrote:
<quoted text>The MBPOA is a civic organization and it is not exempt from NY Sales Tax, and it is required to collect FICA on tips received by its employees. The mention of the fire dept is not relevant because they are a tax exempt municipality and they don't sell food or drink to the public. Yacht club is anyone's guess. K of C is 501c3 tax exempt.
There are no employees that get tips.

Private club - members and their guests only,not open to the public.

They do pay taxes and always have. Check the village tax rolls.
Still Waiting

Shirley, NY

#379 Jan 22, 2013
whoopsing wrote:
<quoted text>Ignoring MB for the moment,do you really believe that other coastal communities affected by sandy won't rebuild? Donny had huge problems long before the storm, turned out to be a good excuse for him though. If you are personally willing to take the risk of storm damage then the state should mind its buisness and not hamper you.
You used a key word "re-build" not a new build. Look at a wetlands map. Look at a map of the hurricane zones. Mastic Beach is way more vulnerable than anywhere else. The States business is the wetlands.
VOTE THEM OUT

Mastic Beach, NY

#380 Jan 22, 2013
Gary can rezone all he wants, the state wont allow building down in the wet lands. I know the village thinks they trump the state, but they don't. The cost and time in lawsuits to get permission to build won't be worth the money just to open a bar that will get flooded in two years. And to all of you people that CONSTANTLY compare the village to the MBPOA,

THE MBPOA ARE A CIVIC GROUP, THE VILLAGE IS A GOVERNMENT! Big difference.
Laughing at losers

Mastic Beach, NY

#381 Jan 22, 2013
Members Only wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no employees that get tips.
Private club - members and their guests only,not open to the public.
They do pay taxes and always have. Check the village tax rolls.
i am not talking about village taxes, you know that! So, you are saying the bartender collecting a disability check doe not get any tips? You should also know the bar is open and all sales are subject to NY sales tax. I o
Loved the beanie weenies by the way.
Vote the corrupt bums out

Mastic Beach, NY

#382 Jan 22, 2013
Laughing at losers wrote:
<quoted text>i am not talking about village taxes, you know that! So, you are saying the bartender collecting a disability check doe not get any tips? You should also know the bar is open and all sales are subject to NY sales tax. I o
Loved the beanie weenies by the way.
Prove the tips goes to one person. Prove the "bar" makes any money. Again, who the F cares what they do? THEY don't spend my tax dollars on family members and corrupt politicians. THEY ARE A CIVIC NOT A GOVERNMENT! They have also been audited on a yearly basis, has the village yet? Didn't think so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coram Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MBPOA Law suit 39 min Really Brady 96
Building 1 hr Sara 4
Race War 2 hr Brooklynn 10
Sewer Systems 13 hr Here we go again 11
Merry Christmas 13 hr Here we go again 2
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) Wed Ratloder 119,687
Neighborhood Road Pitt Bulls Dec 22 LibertyTreeBud 4

Coram News Video

Coram Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Coram People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Coram News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Coram

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:12 am PST

NBC Sports 4:12AM
Thursday morning one-liners
NBC Sports 4:12 AM
Odell Beckham picks up $10,000 fine
NBC Sports 4:41 AM
Rex Ryan thinks Aaron Donald can't hold Sheldon Richardson's jock
NFL 7:57 AM
Geno Smith: I see myself as Jets' QB for a long time
NBC Sports 8:18 AM
Geno Smith: I'm part of the problem, I want to be part of the solution