Coram man dies in Selden car crash

Coram man dies in Selden car crash

There are 36 comments on the Newsday.com story from Sep 21, 2008, titled Coram man dies in Selden car crash. In it, Newsday.com reports that:

A 28-year-old Coram man died Saturday night from injuries sustained in a two-car crash in Selden, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wake Up

Baldwin, NY

#5 Sep 21, 2008
I passed the accident scene right after it happened. She was driving a small black sedan and turned in front of a Suburban truck. They both came to a stop on the lawn of Dunkin Donuts. It was a very bad accident scene. There are constantly accidents on this corner.
wordygurdy

Coram, NY

#6 Sep 21, 2008
"Aguiar and Cubano are in stable condition and receiving medical condition, police said."

What does "receiving medical condition" mean?
IDK

Baldwin, NY

#7 Sep 21, 2008
wordygurdy wrote:
"Aguiar and Cubano are in stable condition and receiving medical condition, police said."
What does "receiving medical condition" mean?
I don't know but some one in News_day editing dept. might need to "receive some medical condition"

“Richard Dominick”

Since: Jul 08

Stony Brook, NY

#8 Sep 21, 2008
we need to get a trafic light at the intersection..sucks since so many accidents happen there at the turn.

We should petition to the town!!!
IDK

Baldwin, NY

#9 Sep 21, 2008
DIKDOM wrote:
we need to get a trafic light at the intersection..sucks since so many accidents happen there at the turn.
We should petition to the town!!!
There is a traffic light there already.
RIP

Durham, NC

#10 Sep 21, 2008
I know the girl "receiving medical condition" and some of the comments on this board are terrible. This girl is sitting in the hospital in a coma from blood loss at the moment only to have to wake up at some point and find out her husband is dead and she is in for a long recovery. Her sister the driver has to sit there powerless and know a split second mistake has lead to all this. How little compassion do you have to have to read a story like this and write something like the first few comments, how would you feel if it happened to someone close to you?
Joe

Torrington, CT

#11 Sep 21, 2008
WAAAAHHH
\
RIP wrote:
I know the girl "receiving medical condition" and some of the comments on this board are terrible. This girl is sitting in the hospital in a coma from blood loss at the moment only to have to wake up at some point and find out her husband is dead and she is in for a long recovery. Her sister the driver has to sit there powerless and know a split second mistake has lead to all this. How little compassion do you have to have to read a story like this and write something like the first few comments, how would you feel if it happened to someone close to you?
RIP

Baldwin, NY

#12 Sep 22, 2008
RIP wrote:
RIP Darren. My prayers are with his wife Kelly
linny

Valley Stream, NY

#13 Sep 22, 2008
I spent the day with the mourning family. There is no room for petty conversation here or anywhere else. This is a horrible tragedy and the familes are crushed.

Since: Jun 08

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Sep 22, 2008
RIP wrote:
How little compassion does one need to have to do something so careless with loved ones in the car? Maybe she should have given more than a split second of thought before turning.
kelly

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Sep 22, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
How little compassion does one need to have to do something so careless with loved ones in the car? Maybe she should have given more than a split second of thought before turning.
maybe people should talk less about things they don't know. there are always accidents around there [that corner & a few others down the road] because on this potion of the road it's particularly hard to judge the rate of speed someone is traveling at when you're tyring to make a left. And, on top of that people don't do the posted speed when they drive on middle country, the speed limit is 40 and the average speed is about 55. so please, if you don't understand the whole situation...don't talk about it
Johnny Mac

Haledon, NJ

#16 Sep 22, 2008
i cant believe people even have the nurve to sit here and say oh she should of thought b4 turning or she should of went on a quck decision im sorry you need to shut ur mouth cause thats what an accident is its a fucken accident..now lets see when ur fucken siter or someone in ur family makes a little mistake or has an ACCIDENT for all we know mayb the truck switched lanes and it was his fault who knows all i kno is that you should just pay ur respects and take it as a lesson learned so the next time ur at an interstection make sure you look twice.....im sorr for everyone that was involved in the accident and best of luck but it does happen lets just move on and be more careful

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Sep 22, 2008
kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe people should talk less about things they don't know. there are always accidents around there [that corner & a few others down the road] because on this potion of the road it's particularly hard to judge the rate of speed someone is traveling at when you're tyring to make a left. And, on top of that people don't do the posted speed when they drive on middle country, the speed limit is 40 and the average speed is about 55. so please, if you don't understand the whole situation...don't talk about it
You’re right Kelly, I don’t know that area well, but I know several just like it in my own neck of the woods. Generally speaking, if people would take the extra moments to think before they act and to abide by the speed limits, there would be a significant decrease in crashes. People need to think twice or three times before they act and to slow down. There’s nothing so important to rush to when lives are at stake (excluding police/fire rescuers).
Drive carefully Kelly and have a nice day.
Bad

Baldwin, NY

#18 Sep 22, 2008
kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
This area of Middle Country Road is the State of NY's deadliest stretches of road. It has the most fatalities in the whole state. This corner in particular has a Dunkin Donuts, 7-11, taco Bell.Pizza Hut and it's the road that leads to the high school. There is a lot of traffic in and out of these fast food places.

“Slappy X. Sanchez, Esq.”

Location hidden

#19 Sep 22, 2008
Bad wrote:
<quoted text>
This area of Middle Country Road is the State of NY's deadliest stretches of road. It has the most fatalities in the whole state. This corner in particular has a Dunkin Donuts, 7-11, taco Bell.Pizza Hut and it's the road that leads to the high school. There is a lot of traffic in and out of these fast food places.
Considering this intersection is so notorious for it's number of fatalities, wouldn't you think people would be a little more careful while negotiating it?

Location hidden

#20 Sep 22, 2008
Johnny Mac wrote:
i cant believe people even have the nurve to sit here and say oh she should of thought b4 turning or she should of went on a quck decision im sorry you need to shut ur mouth cause thats what an accident is its a **** accident..now lets see when ur **** siter or someone in ur family makes a little mistake or has an ACCIDENT for all we know mayb the truck switched lanes and it was his fault who knows all i kno is that you should just pay ur respects and take it as a lesson learned so the next time ur at an interstection make sure you look twice.....im sorr for everyone that was involved in the accident and best of luck but it does happen lets just move on and be more careful
I have a question.

Do you teenagers spell three quarters of the words in your posts incorrectly on purpose?

Seems to me you guys go out of your way to sound ignorant.
BAD

Baldwin, NY

#21 Sep 22, 2008
Slappy Sanchez wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering this intersection is so notorious for it's number of fatalities, wouldn't you think people would be a little more careful while negotiating it?
She was only 18 years old. Maybe a little inexperienced? Who knows? I know I'm very cautious of it.

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Sep 23, 2008
Bad wrote:
<quoted text>
Since it’s a known “bad area” that would warrant people to take extra care and time while driving through it. Nothing can be so important to rush through and take a life over.
Rodney Dangerfield

Mesquite, NV

#23 Sep 23, 2008
MY DEEPEST SAMPATHY TO THE FAMILY .
WE NEED MORE INFORCEMANT ON OUR ROADS NOW.
HOW ABOUT GETTING INVOLVED ON THIS ONE STEVE LEAVY !!

Location hidden

#24 Sep 23, 2008
Rodney Dangerfield wrote:
MY DEEPEST SAMPATHY TO THE FAMILY .
WE NEED MORE INFORCEMANT ON OUR ROADS NOW.
HOW ABOUT GETTING INVOLVED ON THIS ONE STEVE LEAVY !!
No, we don't need more enforcement. What we need is less inexperienced, reckless teenagers on the road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coram Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Fairharbor Owners (Feb '15) 3 hr Sweet 35
all drownings (Jun '07) 13 hr Hawkins Ave Hound 76
Don Woolley (Dec '10) Nov 16 ralf 13
Murder In Bonnieville Nov 14 whodunit 1
Vick Zeelany Nov 13 Nick_The_Dick 3
Les Jardins, Coram NY (Feb '10) Nov 11 Fairfield propert... 16
As we can C Newark NJ Hells angels just cowar... (Apr '13) Nov 10 concerned Citizen 16

Coram Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coram Mortgages