Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

First off let me say I think Gary is a likeable guy – quick with a greeting and a smile. But I can’t help feel those smiles mask some lies. I’ll show you what I mean.

During the election, he was questioned about looking into having a cell phone tower erected on his property, to which he said he never did. Yet in the Advance (Sept 8, 2011 page 27) there was a public notice stating “On September 20,2011, a visual study will be performed at the premises, 2 Floral Court (property owned by Mr. Stiriz)…in connection with an application filed by T-Mobile.” Now we know T-Mobile doesn’t go around asking people if they want a tower in their backyard so Gary had to have approach them.

At September 11, 2012 Village meeting, attendees were informed that a new lead man (title: maintenance mechanic 2) for the Dept. of Public Works was hired. It turns out that this man is related to Gary. Now you might say I’m playing six degrees of separation here because he’s not an immediate family member but we now have two people, who are related, in the top two positions of the DPW in charge of projects and purchasing.. I have to ask myself if this is no big deal then why wasn’t it made public. Put this with the fact that DHS, a company run by Mr. Stiriz’s cousin, though some say it was his brother, was hired by the Village to clean up after Tropical Storm Irene without putting in a bid. What’s going on here? A little nepotism?

At that same meeting he was asked about an upcoming meeting with the DEC. The person thought it had to do with the fill they used on Riviera. He said the fill was approved by the DEC and the meeting had to do with fresh water and nothing to do with the fill. He was pretty vague about it and Mayor Biondi backed him up. Well according to The Advance (September 13, 2012, page 6), the work was challenged by the DEC. It seems “According to the notice of violation, the $32,000 project — funded by Federal Emergency Management Agency for damage sustained during Tropical Storm Irene — required a review by the DEC because it was in such close proximity to tidal wetlands.“ They had their meeting with the DEC. During the village work session on Oct. 3, 2012, the Village Board announced the new fill used in repair of Riviera must be removed and we, the Village, will be slapped with a $4,000 fine which ups the amount when added to the cost of removal and then correctly repairing the road. This is an inept handling by Gary and the Board.

With these half –truths, out-right lies and mismanagement I have trouble trusting the man and his competency and wonder if there are more things yet to uncover. All this considered he should resign.
dump them all

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

YES,YES,YES Gary should resign and take Biondi with him.
Go to the monthly meeting next tuesday Oct.9th at the Mastic beach fire house at 7pm and tell them you are sick of this crap and the lies this is not why we have a village.
This is our village not Gary's and Bill's!
love that Gary

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

dump them all wrote:
YES,YES,YES Gary should resign and take Biondi with him.
Go to the monthly meeting next tuesday Oct.9th at the Mastic beach fire house at 7pm and tell them you are sick of this crap and the lies this is not why we have a village.
This is our village not Gary's and Bill's!
I can't believe this guy can't stop thinking about himself and sticking it to us al the time
Gary has to go

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Yeah, we, the TAX PAYERS, are shelling out 4000 dollars to the DEC because Garys cousin, who was hired WITHOUT a bid, without experience, and without a clue F-ED up the roadway. They are forcing the "village", AKA "the tax payers", to fork up the fine and REMOVE all the crap they put down in the road way.
ONE QUESTION: Why isn't Gary's cousin paying the fine? HE f-ED up, not us. Why do we need to pay the bill? I sure hope the village sues that contractor and gets our money back!!

Gary has to go. He has screwed us over enough trying to make his family money.(which I'm sure he gets a percentage under the table. Just my opinion, no need to sue me)
I agree

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

At the next meeting we all shoud attend and back each other up and demand Garys immediate resignation.I think it is tues night at the fire dept.I think it is 7PM.Remember in unity there is strength.This will be the moment for us to stand up as 1 party and pull the plug on GARY.We cannot let his incompetence go on for even one more day after the meeting.Will you all attend? Will we each back each other up for his resignation?Put your name in for public opinion each demand he resigns.If enough of us stand up and verbally says it it will happen.Try to get there a little before 7 outside the firehouse and lets get our unity organized.Do you all agree??????????Respond
I agree

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

The cell tower deal,the hiring of his family members with he no bid contracts[which also makes the rest of the group guilty because they did not stop it],the $4000 fine from the dec.The incompetence in the contractors he hired.He needs to go with no questiones asked.Enough is enough.If the remainder of the village tries to protect him then we need to go further and dissolve the whole mess.Be at the meeting by 6:45pm by the front entrance door.Let us the people of mastic beach now take control of the future of our hamlet of whats left.Are we all together or do you want to hide and just be a support group.Apparently if your on here your not happy the way the present board is running your investment.I know I am not.
Feup

Brentwood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Gary has to go wrote:
Yeah, we, the TAX PAYERS, are shelling out 4000 dollars to the DEC because Garys cousin, who was hired WITHOUT a bid, without experience, and without a clue F-ED up the roadway. They are forcing the "village", AKA "the tax payers", to fork up the fine and REMOVE all the crap they put down in the road way.
ONE QUESTION: Why isn't Gary's cousin paying the fine? HE f-ED up, not us. Why do we need to pay the bill? I sure hope the village sues that contractor and gets our money back!!
Gary has to go. He has screwed us over enough trying to make his family money.(which I'm sure he gets a percentage under the table. Just my opinion, no need to sue me)
If you don't like what you're hearing or what the village/Gary is doing go to the Tuesday meeting on Oct 9. Get involved. Tell them you're not satisfied. A few people can't do it by themsleves. Numbers speak.
to the dishonest village

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

I agree wrote:
At the next meeting we all shoud attend and back each other up and demand Garys immediate resignation.I think it is tues night at the fire dept.I think it is 7PM.Remember in unity there is strength.This will be the moment for us to stand up as 1 party and pull the plug on GARY.We cannot let his incompetence go on for even one more day after the meeting.Will you all attend? Will we each back each other up for his resignation?Put your name in for public opinion each demand he resigns.If enough of us stand up and verbally says it it will happen.Try to get there a little before 7 outside the firehouse and lets get our unity organized.Do you all agree??????????Respond
Great idea will be there at 6:45: yes he should resign,and so should Biondi and Brojer! We need our village back.
decided

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

fedup wrote:
First off let me say I think Gary is a likeable guy – quick with a greeting and a smile. But I can’t help feel those smiles mask some lies. I’ll show you what I mean.
During the election, he was questioned about looking into having a cell phone tower erected on his property, to which he said he never did. Yet in the Advance (Sept 8, 2011 page 27) there was a public notice stating “On September 20,2011, a visual study will be performed at the premises, 2 Floral Court (property owned by Mr. Stiriz)…in connection with an application filed by T-Mobile.” Now we know T-Mobile doesn’t go around asking people if they want a tower in their backyard so Gary had to have approach them.
At September 11, 2012 Village meeting, attendees were informed that a new lead man (title: maintenance mechanic 2) for the Dept. of Public Works was hired. It turns out that this man is related to Gary. Now you might say I’m playing six degrees of separation here because he’s not an immediate family member but we now have two people, who are related, in the top two positions of the DPW in charge of projects and purchasing.. I have to ask myself if this is no big deal then why wasn’t it made public. Put this with the fact that DHS, a company run by Mr. Stiriz’s cousin, though some say it was his brother, was hired by the Village to clean up after Tropical Storm Irene without putting in a bid. What’s going on here? A little nepotism?
At that same meeting he was asked about an upcoming meeting with the DEC. The person thought it had to do with the fill they used on Riviera. He said the fill was approved by the DEC and the meeting had to do with fresh water and nothing to do with the fill. He was pretty vague about it and Mayor Biondi backed him up. Well according to The Advance (September 13, 2012, page 6), the work was challenged by the DEC. It seems “According to the notice of violation, the $32,000 project — funded by Federal Emergency Management Agency for damage sustained during Tropical Storm Irene — required a review by the DEC because it was in such close proximity to tidal wetlands.“ They had their meeting with the DEC. During the village work session on Oct. 3, 2012, the Village Board announced the new fill used in repair of Riviera must be removed and we, the Village, will be slapped with a $4,000 fine which ups the amount when added to the cost of removal and then correctly repairing the road. This is an inept handling by Gary and the Board.
With these half –truths, out-right lies and mismanagement I have trouble trusting the man and his competency and wonder if there are more things yet to uncover. All this considered he should resign.
And don't forget what Gary and the board did to then Mayor Paul with their back room meetings with Fred T.It was not until Gail got in that they got rid of Fred and Snead. That was before Gail started believing Gary's bull.
They made Bill Biondi mayor but he is just Gary's puppet. But we all know who is calling the shots. Who sits at the head of the table....Gary.
problem within

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

To the dishonest village.Here is the problem.I have a thing going on with Tim Brojer.{problem] I am not happy about his performance in his capacity.I do not think he is fully knowledgeable in the capacity he is holding in office.I do however feel he is trying his best.The offset for him as well as the rest of the board of trustees and mayor is that they basically give him {gary] full rein over most affairs.They see him as a GOD. His so called karisma and charm and portrayal of helping the residents of the village is not the reality of himself.He is out for himself and only that.What the board does not see we do.His record seems to show it.I will also be there at 6:45pm
to the dishonest village

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

problem within wrote:
To the dishonest village.Here is the problem.I have a thing going on with Tim Brojer.{problem] I am not happy about his performance in his capacity.I do not think he is fully knowledgeable in the capacity he is holding in office.I do however feel he is trying his best.The offset for him as well as the rest of the board of trustees and mayor is that they basically give him {gary] full rein over most affairs.They see him as a GOD. His so called karisma and charm and portrayal of helping the residents of the village is not the reality of himself.He is out for himself and only that.What the board does not see we do.His record seems to show it.I will also be there at 6:45pm
From what I have heard Tim does what Gary tells him to. Tim should have one job if any,and I have found that Tim has lie about doing some thing when he never did, or not checking up on something to see if it was done.
But we have to get Gary out now or in March, hopefully he will Resign we can't afford him anymore.
arrest them all

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Stiriz, Biondi and Brojer Should all go! The way this village is run it's a joke!
concerned citizen

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

another thing that i find disturbing. the village kept denying the mbpoa a c/o for the guard building; but yesterday, on the day that bob debona stepped down as mbpoa president, they finally gave the c/o.

co-incidence? i don't think so. childish behavior, by people entrusted to make our village work. this is not illegal, but it is not right. this is just another example of a village being run for all the wrong reasons. old grudges, and personal vendettas.

they need to go.
I want a Village

Saint James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Mostly the same poster .....Get a life.. If you had a set,you would confront the man in person face to face instead of hiding here making false accusations. Let him defend himself, since he does not watch this posting as he has told me.
I want a Village

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

wonder if anyone will try this...

the Attorney General wrote,“...the application for removal of an officer under Public Officers Law §36 must be made by ‘any citizen resident’ or the district attorney of the county, not by the village board...."

whats happening to the DA investigation?
love that brady

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

I want a Village wrote:
wonder if anyone will try this...
the Attorney General wrote,“...the application for removal of an officer under Public Officers Law §36 must be made by ‘any citizen resident’ or the district attorney of the county, not by the village board...."
whats happening to the DA investigation?
Oh Brady don't even think about it we will take care of it on Tuesday.
love that brady

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

I want a Village wrote:
Mostly the same poster .....Get a life.. If you had a set,you would confront the man in person face to face instead of hiding here making false accusations. Let him defend himself, since he does not watch this posting as he has told me.
You have to get out from under the desk more. Go to the meetings and hear for yourself whats going on.
You would not know a poster if it bit you on the ass......Gray has to go.
hows my spelling

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Gary
I agree

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

6:45 in front of the firehouse.I will remind you all again on mon night for tues.It would not surprise me if Gary does not show up.This meeting will probably be all about his resignation as I cannot see any other time left to discuss anything else.Are you interested in hearing any other topics.It will be only 2/3 lies anyway.We need to stay focused on that 1 topic that night and get the job done.Whether he resigns tues or mar the bottom line is it is over for him.Myself with most of the people despising me if I was in his shoes I would be to embarassed or feel intimidated by everyone looking down on me with ill feelings at the meetings.Not Gary though as he will try to stay to make sure his cell tower gets passed before MAR election.He is pathetic
Happy to say

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

I agree wrote:
6:45 in front of the firehouse.I will remind you all again on mon night for tues.It would not surprise me if Gary does not show up.This meeting will probably be all about his resignation as I cannot see any other time left to discuss anything else.Are you interested in hearing any other topics.It will be only 2/3 lies anyway.We need to stay focused on that 1 topic that night and get the job done.Whether he resigns tues or mar the bottom line is it is over for him.Myself with most of the people despising me if I was in his shoes I would be to embarassed or feel intimidated by everyone looking down on me with ill feelings at the meetings.Not Gary though as he will try to stay to make sure his cell tower gets passed before MAR election.He is pathetic
Let the people be heard ,6:45 pmfire house Oct 9th.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 59
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Coram Discussions

Search the Coram Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Uzi 115,086
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Redumblican Teabagger 6,352
Police raid Napper Tandy's pub in Miller Place (Jun '07) 9 hr sals little sister 129
Village Hall to Small 10 hr land of the slaves 24
Waterfront Planning Survey 11 hr village idiots 5
MBV to Honor Evan Politico (Dec '13) Thu Incompetence 34
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Thu Steve Douchy 6,364
•••
•••

Coram News Video

•••
•••

Coram Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Coram People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE