roving building inspectors

roving building inspectors

Posted in the Coram Forum

bronxboy

Shirley, NY

#1 Dec 10, 2012
on forest rd. e. mon. a.m.----american restoration ripping out wet floors---inspector in unmarked grey crown vic. tells crew they need a permit for sandy demo---homeowner goes to village hall where he's told no permit is necessary but he needs one to put plywood floors back in---now i voted for this village but neither i nor anyone else expected this big brother is watching crap---we must do something to stop it or we're all gonna sell and leave the whole place to the renters and the slumlords
March is comming

West Babylon, NY

#2 Dec 10, 2012
Anything for money,vote them out in march. Go to the village Tuesday night at 7 p.m.and tell them this has to change this is not the village we want.
March is comming

West Babylon, NY

#3 Dec 10, 2012
March is comming wrote:
Anything for money,vote them out in march. Go to the village Tuesday night at 7 p.m.and tell them this has to change this is not the village we want.
meeting,sorry.
Brave MBV Code Enforcer

Bronx, NY

#4 Dec 11, 2012
OBEY US,ou wanted it this way.
New Name Here

East Moriches, NY

#5 Dec 11, 2012
How come every other village and county on LI are waving the fees but not MBV? They all saw this as a way to run out as many renters as possible while making a buck at the hardest hits expense.

TO ALL CONTRACTORS: When you get a job down here, place a huge NO TRESPASSING sign on the front fence, gate, etc. This will force the "building inspectors" to remain out side of your work zone. If they ask what you are doing, just say you are the {homeowners} cousin and you are helping him out. You wont need their permission. Have the homeowner get the permits from Village Hall themselves and have them say they are doing all the work themselves with "help from their family". It will piss them off but there is nothing they can do about it.
Villy

Mastic, NY

#6 Dec 11, 2012
You vill be inspected. You vill give us the money. We vill drive out the scumlords. You vill tank us in end.
Brady

Bronx, NY

#7 Dec 11, 2012
I vill whip out my giant black rubber doubledong and sit on it Yo!
Brady

Stamford, CT

#8 Dec 11, 2012
New Name Here wrote:
How come every other village and county on LI are waving the fees but not MBV? They all saw this as a way to run out as many renters as possible while making a buck at the hardest hits expense.
TO ALL CONTRACTORS: When you get a job down here, place a huge NO TRESPASSING sign on the front fence, gate, etc. This will force the "building inspectors" to remain out side of your work zone. If they ask what you are doing, just say you are the {homeowners} cousin and you are helping him out. You wont need their permission. Have the homeowner get the permits from Village Hall themselves and have them say they are doing all the work themselves with "help from their family". It will piss them off but there is nothing they can do about it.
Make sure you follow the village sign code:

Any sign, banner or other emblem or insignia intended to run parallel with the building in a horizontal position must be fastened securely to the building wall.
New Name Here

East Moriches, NY

#9 Dec 11, 2012
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Make sure you follow the village sign code:
Any sign, banner or other emblem or insignia intended to run parallel with the building in a horizontal position must be fastened securely to the building wall.
Thats for commercial buildings. Anyone can post a "no trespassing" sign on their property without first getting the dictators, oh sorry, the MAYORS permission. Thanks for your stupid comments once again, it shows how little you know whats really going on. You are the prim example of a "vision supporter".
concerned citizen

White Plains, NY

#10 Dec 11, 2012
why are code enforcement going after the residents who are just trying to put their lives back together. why are we the only town/village still charging permit fees? why is mastic beach getting worse and worse? because we let them get away with it. go to the meeting tonight and express your outrage. no more nice back slapping meetings. let your voice be heard.
Brady

Stamford, CT

#11 Dec 11, 2012
concerned citizen wrote:
why are code enforcement going after the residents who are just trying to put their lives back together. why are we the only town/village still charging permit fees? why is mastic beach getting worse and worse? because we let them get away with it. go to the meeting tonight and express your outrage. no more nice back slapping meetings. let your voice be heard.
Oh, is that meeting tonight? Wish I could go, but I have other plans.
New Name Here

East Moriches, NY

#12 Dec 11, 2012
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, is that meeting tonight? Wish I could go, but I have other plans.
You should have went. VERY informative. Sorry Gary, you will be voted out for sure.
Waiting for March

West Babylon, NY

#13 Dec 12, 2012
New Name Here wrote:
<quoted text>You should have went. VERY informative. Sorry Gary, you will be voted out for sure.
That Guy Tom Fox was very informed on what is going on and he let the trustees know it,good for him.
People asking a lot of questions and getting the same old answers from the board.
Can't wait for March, time for a change.
OMG

West Babylon, NY

#14 Dec 12, 2012
Waiting for March wrote:
<quoted text>That Guy Tom Fox was very informed on what is going on and he let the trustees know it,good for him.
People asking a lot of questions and getting the same old answers from the board.
Can't wait for March, time for a change.
Is Fox Running? If so he has my vote, the man wanted answers and they did not want to deal with him.
Brady

Stamford, CT

#15 Dec 12, 2012
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>Is Fox Running? If so he has my vote, the man wanted answers and they did not want to deal with him.
I like him too!
I was there

United States

#16 Dec 12, 2012
Maybe he is on Paul's new team?
I was there

Bronx, NY

#18 Dec 12, 2012
Deputy Mayor McCheese wrote:
<quoted text>Or else what? you will snitch to Gary?
You are a breath of fresh air. Or else what? You are so dam right. As a fellow Afro-American, I think it should be we stand together to beat the man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coram Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SUNY-EMPIRE College Road 10 hr SmokinJoe 2
all drownings (Jun '07) 14 hr Jimmy 65
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) Sat oneear69 121,925
Ralphs Fishing Station Sat Boatyard Dog 15
News Mt. Sinai schools probing sexual harassment claim (Mar '07) Sat FromMtSinaiMiddle... 65
News Town of Islip OKs bonds for animal shelter, air... Oct 19 USS LIBERTY 4
Mastic Beach or Ghetto Beach? (Feb '11) Oct 17 Badtothebone 90

Coram Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coram Mortgages