Weston principal charged with battery allowed to return home

The Falcon Cove Middle School principal who is accused of domestic violence was the object of intense debate Wednesday, as Mark Kaplan, his lawyer and his wife presented a united front in court and convinced a ... Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Thomas Floyd

United States

#1 Jan 7, 2009
Prosecuters need to concentrate on more important issues in the city. Leave this guy alone. The mans wife already said she isn't in fear of her husband. Come on guys, clean up Sistrunk, prosecute some crack dealers take care of some business that really is your business. The guy has a medical condition that messed him up for a few minutes. That doesn't make him a criminal. Take a walk around midnight at Sunrise and US-1. That's where the danger is.
he needs to be fired

Hialeah, FL

#2 Jan 7, 2009
I used to work under this arrogant jerk at a different school and he absolutely needs to be fired. Does anybody really believe that if a teacher did the same thing Kaplan did they wouldn't be busted out on their butt in a heartbeat? But since this is the armor-coated water-walker Mark Kaplan, principal of Falcon Cove MS in Weston, the school board doesn't even care, not even a mark on his record. There is without a doubt a double standard in BCPS with one set of rules for teachers and yet another set of rules for favored administrators. You parents at FCMS need to use your Weston influence to get this arrogant, dangerous jerk away from your kids.

Sleep disorder, my a$$. Give me a break. The kids at the school tell better lies than that.
Thomas Floyd

United States

#3 Jan 7, 2009
he needs to be fired wrote:
I used to work under this arrogant jerk at a different school and he absolutely needs to be fired. Does anybody really believe that if a teacher did the same thing Kaplan did they wouldn't be busted out on their butt in a heartbeat? But since this is the armor-coated water-walker Mark Kaplan, principal of Falcon Cove MS in Weston, the school board doesn't even care, not even a mark on his record. There is without a doubt a double standard in BCPS with one set of rules for teachers and yet another set of rules for favored administrators. You parents at FCMS need to use your Weston influence to get this arrogant, dangerous jerk away from your kids.
Sleep disorder, my ****. Give me a break. The kids at the school tell better lies than that.
You sound like a disgruntled employee. You obviously know nothing about sleep disorders. They are real and they are scary. Did you read the part about his wife not being afraid of him? Are you jealous because he went to college a few more years than you? What makes him arrogant? I have'nt met too many bosses that aren't a little arrogant. And I have'nt met too many Broward County teachers that could pass a GED test.
he needs to be fired

Hialeah, FL

#4 Jan 7, 2009
Disgruntled or not, he still needs to be fired and his wife is a fool and an idiot to stay around him. And if you "have'nt met too many Broward County teachers that could pass a GED test," Kaplan used to be a "Broward County teacher," so I guess that would include him, too, sleep disorder, insane, or whatever.

And disgruntled or not, the fact still remains that BCPS has a double standard when it comes to disciplinary actions against teachers vs. administrators. Kaplan is lucky he went nuts as an administrator instead of as a regular teacher.

Peace, Thomas.
Parent

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Jan 8, 2009
Like any CEO, a principal must be held to a higher level of accountability. He must be "fit" for the position. He is responsible for (in this case) thousands of children.

It appears that he is at least somewhat predisposed to some degree of violence and the board must protect its constituents beyond any degree of safety. It is extreme, but what happens if he takes a nap in his office and a student, teacher or clerical person walks in? The Board is now "on notice" of potential problems and would face an indefensible lawsuit if something like this did occur.

He does not need to be fired (pending adjudication) but he does need to be reassigned until all legal AND medical issues are resolved and it is determined that he is actually "fit" for the job. The Board owes it to the people of Broward (who voted them into office) to protect them from ANY potential problems!
Parent

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Jan 8, 2009
Thomas,

You need to wake up and smell the coffee! If the wife was not afraid, why did she call the police?

Is it possible that her change in attitude is an economic reality? If she holds to the story, he loses his job, the get divorced, and she is living with the kids and no real support in an economic reality that would scare many women who are used to a higher standard of living. I

t is kind of like the same thing as Eliot Spitzer's wife, who insists that she is standing by her man, or at least the lifestyle they are accustumed to living. Gee, maybe our incoming Secretary of State would not be in office if she kicked Bill in the cigar?
Thomas Floyd wrote:
<quoted text> You sound like a disgruntled employee. You obviously know nothing about sleep disorders. They are real and they are scary. Did you read the part about his wife not being afraid of him? Are you jealous because he went to college a few more years than you? What makes him arrogant? I have'nt met too many bosses that aren't a little arrogant. And I have'nt met too many Broward County teachers that could pass a GED test.
Disgruntled

United States

#7 Jan 8, 2009
Thomas Floyd wrote:
<quoted text> You sound like a disgruntled employee. You obviously know nothing about sleep disorders. They are real and they are scary. Did you read the part about his wife not being afraid of him? Are you jealous because he went to college a few more years than you? What makes him arrogant? I have'nt met too many bosses that aren't a little arrogant. And I have'nt met too many Broward County teachers that could pass a GED test.
You obviously don't or never worked for the Broward County School Board. Bottom line it's all about the money.

If the principal has a sleep disorder problem that includes violence perhaps he should seek medical help. When working in an environment involving children things can get highly emotional real quick.
What

Jupiter, FL

#8 Jan 8, 2009
How is this still a story? This is pure sensationalism. Read the herald article where the wife states she "overreacted". This is now taken on a tone of, "let's kick a guy when he is down". Since when does the union care about anyone except really bad teachers?
No one except for a silly union and several disgruntled employees have said anything bad about him. Leave him alone already!
dave

Sarasota, FL

#9 Jan 8, 2009
This jerk needs to go to prison. How he's left in his job around children is beyond belief. He's going to hurt someone and that person is going to own Broward County.
Gimme a Break

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Jan 8, 2009
Very confussing headline. It sounded like he got a jump start to charge his car battery so he can get home.
OJ The Juice

United States

#11 Jan 8, 2009
The wife must be fat or something. Obviously doesnt want to be alone, regardless of what shes stuck with.
FALCON COVE EMPLOYEE

United States

#12 Jan 8, 2009
I HAVE WORKED WITH MR KAPLAN AT FCMS SINCE HE STARTED HIS PRINCIPAL POSITION. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHAT A WONDERFUL MAN HE IS. THE KIDS AND STAFF RESPECT HIM. HIS DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN AND HE IS ALWAYS THERE TO ASSIST STUDENTS AND STAFF. LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE. KEEP HIS PERSONAL LIFE AT HOME. FALCON COVE IS A SCHOOL WITH OVER 2300 STUDENTS AND 150 FACULTY MEMBERS. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOUR GRAPES AND IF PEOPLE AREN'T HAPPY THEY SHOULD GO SOME WHERE ELSE!! MR. KAPLAN.... YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
Wake Up Weston Parents

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Jan 8, 2009
This is not an issue about CEO's, Former or Current Employees this is about a Principal who was arrested for trying to strangle his wife! This person was hired to set an example, motivate his staff and represent the school to the community. If I was a parent at Falcon Cove I would be looking into a reassignment or Private School.
If he is found guilty by the state the Department of Education will take away his Teaching/Principal Certificate. How will that affect the school?
Call your School Board Member!!!
Current Teacher

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Jan 8, 2009
FALCON COVE EMPLOYEE wrote:
I HAVE WORKED WITH MR KAPLAN AT FCMS SINCE HE STARTED HIS PRINCIPAL POSITION. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHAT A WONDERFUL MAN HE IS. THE KIDS AND STAFF RESPECT HIM. HIS DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN AND HE IS ALWAYS THERE TO ASSIST STUDENTS AND STAFF. LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE. KEEP HIS PERSONAL LIFE AT HOME. FALCON COVE IS A SCHOOL WITH OVER 2300 STUDENTS AND 150 FACULTY MEMBERS. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOUR GRAPES AND IF PEOPLE AREN'T HAPPY THEY SHOULD GO SOME WHERE ELSE!! MR. KAPLAN.... YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
You sound like his wife! This is getting scary.
dave

Sarasota, FL

#16 Jan 8, 2009
If this creep isn't fired there is going to be serious backlash. You can't choke your wife and then trot off to work where you're responsible for all of those kids. Not in in America.
Gol Teefes

Fort Myers, FL

#17 Jan 8, 2009
Now he can "hit it" again....I likes "hittin it" and skeetin on it
The Dark Side

Pompano Beach, FL

#18 Jan 8, 2009
When you are in a position with an extreme amount of exposure you must be prepared to have your personal affairs brought into the public eye. He tried to hurt a woman, conscience or not the fact still remains. Any man that raises a had to a woman is not a man, he is a coward. There is medicine for everything now, if he has a sleep disorder why was he not under a physicians care? If he was not under the care of a physician, who diagnosed him as having a sleep disorder? He screwed up, he like everyone else should pay the price.

“Truth, Justice, & American Way”

Since: Sep 07

Fort Lauderdale

#20 Jan 8, 2009
"Domestic violence" is one of the biggest SCAMs in this country. This is brought to the United States by the extreme-left misandric NOW and Joe Biden.

Kaplan is a victim of the domestic violence industry. To learn the truth about this industry, visit:

http://www.mediaradar.org/
reece

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Jan 8, 2009
His azz needs to be subjected to the SAME procedures teachers and other employees have to encounter. Reassigned. Dr. Melita and Keith uncle tom Bromery needs to have their heads explain. His wife is lying and a fool. The police did not make the story up she gave them that story. What did she think would happen!!!
R LOSENBECK

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#22 Jan 8, 2009
To Mrs kaplan , ditch the hoodie.No man wants to see his wife wearing a hoodie to bed.Next pick up a victorias secret fredricks of hollywood catalog and buy some nice stripper garments.next cook a nice meal and make your man a stiff coctail dennis recomends a respectable single malt.Then give that man some B-O-O-T-A-Y so he can finally get a good nite sleep.Its not rocket science honey

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coral Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Incognito4Ever 1,193,204
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min GOP 51,589
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Liberace 309,001
Madonna's Cousin working at Broward Design Center (Mar '11) 1 hr Pineapple Point 11
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr scirocco 69,139
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 4 hr Anne 96,895
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr orange 71,562
Coral Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Coral Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:47 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:47PM
Pre-Free-Agency Salary-Cap Update for Miami Dolphins
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
How Can Dolphins Address Major Holes at CB?
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Browns Would Be Wise to Target Andre Johnson over Brian Hartline
NBC Sports 4:57 AM
Friday morning one-liners
NFL 7:35 AM
Could Ndamukong Suh land with Miami Dolphins?