Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 319961 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#260272 Sep 26, 2012
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>oh pipe down
if ive said anything thats UNtrue, let me know......otherwise whats your point?
Why "pipe down" Seattle? You just seem extremly angry towards Muslims and I just wondered how you would have reacted towards them in a war zone?
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#260273 Sep 26, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose that some do, would guess for many that do it would depend on how far along that they carried? However I personally haven't heard any say that.
I have heard often; "mother to be".
What do the women you know say about their miscarriages?

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#260274 Sep 26, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi OL!
I don't see why they can't have mandatory SE and allow exemptions for religous reasons.The ones that asked for the exemptions would have nobody but themselves to blame if their kids got pregnant or got somebody pregnant (or any of the other things that can happen with unprotected sex).
Good Afternoon to you,LC
Mandatory with exceptions? I'm not sure if a only reason would be religion. Should they lie?
I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, honest,but who's to blame if BC fails,or they just don't bother,to use it?
If I was young again,I'd be scared to death to have sex unless,the guy wore a condom,or even doubled up on them(a little humor)than I'd still be iffy. Aids would scare the hebee-geebies out of me. Parents need to talk to their kids,but making it mandatory,to take it in school,I really don't know.
One more thing while I'm thinking,(I don't do that often,think)not every kid is on the same maturity level is ready for this sort of education at the same time,what age should it start? I talked to my kids starting at 9,not in detail mind you,they started asking questions.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#260275 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Intentional abortion is the murder of your own child.
No it isn't, feeb.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#260276 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Intentional abortion is the murder of your own child.
No, it is not.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#260277 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's say it together because 'it's legal' That makes no difference to me. I wouldn't hide behind the judgement of a few men when God says something different. What do you call the intentional killing of an innocent life?
It's a legal term, dear. Just like "homicide" is a legal term. And "manslaughter" is a legal term.

You don't get to decide what definitions you like and toss out the ones you don't. You'll be perceived as delusional and psychotic, and no one will take you seriously.

Oh, wait. That's exactly what is going on here.

Time to up your meds, stINK.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#260278 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Women who have had miscarriages do realize that they have lost a child, certainly through no fault of their own.
..?
Really? So, someone who has a history of miscarriages yet continues to try to get pregnant, only to lose their pregnancies over and over again, plays no role and is faultless when they miscarry yet again?

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#260279 Sep 26, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's arguing?
I don't know if it really is considered "mandatory" in each state or school. I believe a parent can opt out of the school teaching sexual education and that is what most parents in Mississippi chose. Not working out too well, is it?
Oh, and I've never said that sexual education in schools should be mandatory. Educating young people about sex, their bodies and sexuality does seem to be a good idea, though. Wouldn't you say?
I'm sorry Kenose ,I was going by your post,here...Compare that to the state of Mississippi where they don't have mandatory sex ed in schools. I shouldn't have assumed. I'd say yes,others would be pissed.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#260280 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What do the women you know say about their miscarriages?
Ink, come on now, firstly, I cannot fathom how this is any business of yours, secondly, each deal with the loss of a pregnancy differently.
What kind of question is that, I mean seriously, what were you thinking?
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#260281 Sep 26, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a legal term, dear. Just like "homicide" is a legal term. And "manslaughter" is a legal term.
You don't get to decide what definitions you like and toss out the ones you don't. You'll be perceived as delusional and psychotic, and no one will take you seriously.
Oh, wait. That's exactly what is going on here.
Time to up your meds, stINK.
I do get to decide. Too bad.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#260282 Sep 26, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know who IS a chickenshit though ? Take a guess ?
<quoted text>
Apology accepted.
<quoted text>
I was referring to the current standards of the US judicial system and they are most certainly what are in place.
<quoted text>
Not what I said. I said if your relative were "accused" of rape. A rape you knew him factually to be innocent of. Would you be satisfied with the authorities merely accepting the woman's word as a basis for convicting your relative ?
<quoted text>
That's right. Most rapists ARE repeat offenders. But they will NEVER be taken off the street unless rapes are reported.
I too wish laws empathize with the victims more but in the meantime the system we have is what we have to live by. Do we simply not report because we disgree with the harsh treatment of the victim ?
<quoted text>
I'm sure we do. But would you rather a rapist walk....or would you prefer that we at least attempt to convict.....regardless of the way the current system allows the victim to be treated ?
Moi, chickensh!t, I see flattery is something of a work in progress Doc!
The fact that you can tie abortion into rape convictions is beyond me, if I'm missing something please provide me the missing link.
Thanks for the pat on the head Doc, the statement was made as a matter or fact, not opinion.
I actually don't mind you, as our paths have crossed on other threads and more times than not, we've been in agreement.
Sadly, you chose to try to reason and side with the painfully arrogant people that would have this country go back to the Middle Ages if it were an option.
Again, I have quite clearly stated my position and I owe you no further explanation, if you would like to continue to talk in circles and come across as some macho tyrant, you'll only have yourself to argue with.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#260283 Sep 26, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So, someone who has a history of miscarriages yet continues to try to get pregnant, only to lose their pregnancies over and over again, plays no role and is faultless when they miscarry yet again?
Are you talking about someone in particular? In answer to your question, the Lord did say go forth and mutiply. I would say they are trying to do as God says.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#260284 Sep 26, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Then reword your stupid posts.
I was responding to a post about mothers choosing to kill their babies with abortion. My post doesn't need rewording since choosing to kill a baby with abortion obviously has nothing to do with miscarriage.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#260285 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's okay. No one, NO ONE takes you seriously or even cares what you think, anyway. You don't matter.

Too bad!

lol
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#260286 Sep 26, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry Kenose ,I was going by your post,here...Compare that to the state of Mississippi where they don't have mandatory sex ed in schools. I shouldn't have assumed. I'd say yes,others would be pissed.
No worries. I'm not always 100% clear with my posts. No one's perfect.

Your always fun to talk with ;)
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#260287 Sep 26, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose that some do, would guess for many that do it would depend on how far along that they carried? However I personally haven't heard any say that.
I have heard often; "mother to be".
Because you've heard "mother to be". All of biology and knowledge of biology is nullified, and humans can somehow be brought into existence without parents? Because of what you've heard. I've heard the moon is made of green cheese. Good luck with your green cheese empire.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#260288 Sep 26, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>I was responding to a post about mothers choosing to kill their babies with abortion. My post doesn't need rewording since choosing to kill a baby with abortion obviously has nothing to do with miscarriage.
blah blah blah....

Continue making moronic blanket statements.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#260289 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hippo arrogance.... it's astounding and quite pathetic.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#260290 Sep 26, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about someone in particular? In answer to your question, the Lord did say go forth and mutiply. I would say they are trying to do as God says.
How is one "multiplying" when all they produce is dead fetuses? You call one abortion "murder", yet a woman who miscarries 10 times, with NO CHANCE of ever carrying to term, is doing "as G-d says?"

So, you approve of IVF since the potential parents are "trying" to do as G-d says? Even if 9/10 embryos are tossed in the garbage?

Sounds like the G-d you believe in is pro-death, dear. No wonder you're confused.

Get help, stINKy.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#260291 Sep 26, 2012
Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, come on now, firstly, I cannot fathom how this is any business of yours, secondly, each deal with the loss of a pregnancy differently.
What kind of question is that, I mean seriously, what were you thinking?
The operative word in your post is "thinking."

Ink? Think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coral Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Joy 1,641,367
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 hr Fugooo 64,113
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 19 hr zazz 98,586
Hey Coward Jew Boy >> Yeah You Israel Fri op Gladio 3
Black that raped woman at bus stop Nov 14 Mvp 1
News South Florida braces for affects of possible Ha... (Jan '10) Nov 14 gem 18
Dentist in Coral Springs Oct 20 DentistInCoralSpr... 1

Coral Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coral Springs Mortgages