Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#260177 Sep 25, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Katie,even your own side.called you a hypocrite for your stance. Sister kathryn called all of you who agreed/ supported restrictions -HYPOCRITES.
So? Is it not plain and clear to you that I realize my views on abortion (no matter what stage) have NO IMPACT on the pregnant woman determining her own pregnancy's outcome? That the restrictions I support are mainly for post-viability abortions while always including the exceptions for woman's health/life and perhaps that of her fetus?

You are hopeless, JM. And no, don't be thinking I sound like Sebastian and you look like the Little Mermaid.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#260179 Sep 25, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> You said you met your gf in rehab.
No I did not. You're making that shit up out of wholecloth. I never said at ALL how J and I met on this forum. Ever. You're a lying sack of shit.
You said her and your daughter were Catholic.

Again, I did NOT. I said they were CHRISTIAN. Real Christians, not a CINO like you.
I just love how you dsyfunctional people love to point out your or your childs.edu cation as "iif" that changes anything. There are educated dsyfunctional people nor more or less than uneducated. Being educated doesnt mean that you are a normal good person necessarily.
Sorry to burst your bubble.
I'm NOT sorry to burst yours Skankdawg. EVERYONE has dysfunction in their families and their lives - EVERYONE - including you. Sadly, you likely are the CAUSE of the dysfunction in yours.

I never claimed that being educated means anyone is more or less dysfunctional, nor did I claim that an education means you are a "normal good person" whateverthefuck you think THAT nonsense is.

AGAIN Skanky I ask if you're too afraid to answer:

Did your Catholic upbringing and teachings, teach you to lie about others ALL the time as you do here?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#260180 Sep 25, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> She feels that a woman shouldnt have a choice then. For some reason suddenly a woman shouldnt be in control of her pregnancy. She should be forced.to gestate.
They are all over the place.Total inconsistency.
There is no inconsistency. Women cannot just decide in the third trimester to abort. In some states it's for life and health, some states restrict even that. Idk why the question even comes up.

Location hidden

#260181 Sep 25, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> You said that your offspring is in your womb.
Your child is your child.
A CHILD is born. There are not "children" in the womb. Zygotes, embryo's and fetus's are in the womb.

[QUOTE}
A zygote, embryo, fetus, newborn, toddler, adolescent, teenager,adult are stages of your offsprings life.[/QUOTE]

Correct. However, if a pregnancy is aborted, no CHILD was born.

Thus, no OFFSPRING was born.
Stop your attempt to manipulate that fact.
You're the one doing the manipulation Skanky, and you're a miserable failure at that too.
You were even taught to be against abortions. It goes against your beliefs.
Oh..but you knew that yet helped your friend get an abortion. You dont care.
I did care, which is why I went with her to make sure she got a SAFE abortion. It was HER decision to make, not mine.

I cared alright, I cared more about HER wellbeing than that of an "offspring" that she didn't want and wasn't going to have.

Location hidden

#260182 Sep 25, 2012
yakalot wrote:
<quoted text>You said your daughter was a lawyer and getting married. Which one is it? You are a real piece of work.
I said she was a law STUDENT you moron, and she IS getting married. She's been with her fiancee for many years now.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#260183 Sep 25, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Isn't that where those teens had a pregnancy pact? Or am I confusing that with another state?
Massachusetts

Location hidden

#260184 Sep 25, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Excuse me but I didnt ask that liar to come on here and reveal what she did. No worries..she not only attempted to fib..but she fubbed up her fib.
I know...just keep covering for her. Itsnwhat you people do best for your cause.
The only one "fibbing" here is you Skankdawg, but yours are outright LIES. Typical for you and your kind really.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#260185 Sep 25, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>There is no inconsistency. Women cannot just decide in the third trimester to abort. In some states it's for life and health, some states restrict even that. Idk why the question even comes up.
NM has no restrictions on abortion. There aren't a lot of facilities and/or physicians that perform LTAs but there isn't much demand for LTAs, either. If a woman wants an LTAs here, she can get a safe and legal one.
Anonymous

Doniphan, MO

#260186 Sep 25, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? I'll bring up whatever I want to bring up, okay? Just like you do. And here it is...the very UN-Christianlike history of Christianity.
http://notachristian.org/christianatrocities....
"course not, but i only brought him up b/c of your buddy Cpeter admires him ..."
So you don't even follow your own guidelines. You do as you see fit while you complain about what I do.
"are you fcking serious?"
Yeah, I am. Add up centuries of oppression and murder by a group that's supposed to follow God and scripture and the numbers get big. You want to judge it irrelevant, but I don't. You want to set what time frame I can stay within, but I don't have to play by your rules. You want to exclude Christian atrocities, and I don't, so I'm bringing them up. And that includes the present day priest/molestation scandals.
"You know what? I'll bring up whatever I want to bring up, okay? " --- NO

YOU said it btw, so defend it --- why did you claim that what ive brought up isnt worse? you people are so wishy washy about evil - course you are the dolt who said you didnt have an opinion on whether or not Bin Laden was "a bad guy", you couldnt answer....

"So you don't even follow your own guidelines" - yes i do dolt, i SAID (listen plz) that i only brought it up BECAUSE he openly defends a middle ages brute & mass murderer - i didnt bring it up out of the blue b/c i dont like him, GOT IT?

"present day priest/molestation scandals." - i'm sure you also give a siht about all the MILIONS of children in the mid east who are forced into marriages at incredibly young ages......course not, you dont care about that problem at all - nor would u bat an eye at all the TEACHERS, day care center caretakers, doctors, parents, etc. who molest kids --- no, no...just the priests ... your logic is incredible! yay

"You want to judge it irrelevant" - it IS quite irrelevant to today if you consider the fact that the only comparable religious expansionism that you speak of is happening at the hands of MUSLIMS, not christians---and yet you so hypocritically dont mention them, AT ALL - hypocrite

"Add up centuries of oppression and murder by a group that's supposed to follow God " -------- LIKE I SAID, try listening, you're HORRIBLE at it --- lets try this again, like i said, you cannot take centuries of atrocities comitted by people who are christian IN NAME (u do know what that means right?), you cant take all those IN NAME Christians who did horrible things & blame it on THEIR RELIGION --- often, you can, for obvious reasons, but you have to take historical events into context, not all wars fought by europeans were fought b/c "the good ole Bible told 'em to!" BULLSHIT, thats not the way it happened every time ---------- do you think Saddam Hussein, WHO WAS A MUSLIM, killed all those people b/c he was a Muslim???

answer that question, please
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#260188 Sep 25, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> Yup.
<quoted text> If its born, its a child. If not, its a zygote, embryo or fetus.
Child is a synonym for offspring, as well a stage of development. The poster was referring to child as offspring, which includes all levels of maturity from embryo to adult. Not a level of maturity.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#260189 Sep 25, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why must you personify the fetus out of its developmental stage? An embryo is definitely not "innocent people" and neither is a nonsentient fetus previability. Anyone who consistently does this has to relegate the pregnant woman to some status lesser than the embryo/fetus.
Oh and all your posts regarding FAS only reinforce how the embryo/fetus cannot survive without the woman's bodily systems until viability.
Without the woman, there is no embryo/fetus. The woman is "innocent people" and you wish to stomp all over her civil rights for a nonsentient entity that has no guarantee of survival.
Your hatemongering and bigotry against young people, and your obsession with "viability", does not negate the fact that young people are just as human as anyone else at any other age. The importance of sentience is merely your own personal prejudice, and of no importance to anyone other than yoursef and your fellow bigots.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#260190 Sep 25, 2012
No. If you actually researched non-biased historical sources, you would see that not only is there no proof of many of the things attribute to tepes, but that same are retreads of older stories attributed to others.

Evil is a subjective judgment, not a factual quality. Were we evil for bombing the japanese? Was jesus evil for raiding the temple and attacking the moneylenders? Unless you have a context in which to put things, judgments of this type are meaningless.
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>uhuh, let me guess, do those "facts" come from pro-Romanian websites?
why cant you just admit that people can b e evil? why do you defend it so?

Indianapolis

#260191 Sep 25, 2012
But you're peachy-keen with these "persons" imposing on women without consent?
zef wrote:
<quoted text>The only concern about any abortion is that it means the death of innocent people. No one should be allowed to kill innocent people, no matter who chooses to kill them.

Indianapolis

#260192 Sep 25, 2012
A mother i a woman who has given birth. Abortion is not giving birth. You PLM love to rape the english language to make the most idiotic of points.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing your baby with abortion does not nullify motherhood. Killing your baby with abortion just means that you are mother that killed her children.

Indianapolis

#260193 Sep 25, 2012
The nation was founded on constitutional rights, encoded and written down. You can claim anything is a "human" right, but how do you back it up?
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Human rights are the foundation of our nation, and the purpose of our government. No one is required to procreate. Everyone however, is required to respect the lives of others.

Indianapolis

#260194 Sep 25, 2012
Any woman who thinks her child might end up like you would become an alcoholic just out of self-defense.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetus is a human develpment term for a level of physical maturity. Woman is not a human development term. Fetus is to adult/adolescent as baby is to woman.
When a pregnant woman drinks alcohol, so does her unborn baby. Alcohol in the mother's blood passes through the placenta to the baby through the umbilical cord. Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can cause miscarriage, stillbirth, and a range of lifelong disorders, known as fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs). There is no known safe time to drink alcohol during pregnancy. Drinking alcohol in the first three months of pregnancy can cause the baby to have abnormal facial features. Growth and central nervous system problems (e.g., low birthweight, behavioral problems) can occur from drinking alcohol anytime during pregnancy. The baby’s brain is developing throughout pregnancy and can be damaged at any time.
If a woman is drinking alcohol during pregnancy, it is never too late to stop. The sooner a woman stops drinking, the better it will be for both her baby and herself.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 1600 Clifton Rd. Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY:(888) 232-6348
Anonymous

Doniphan, MO

#260195 Sep 25, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
No. If you actually researched non-biased historical sources, you would see that not only is there no proof of many of the things attribute to tepes, but that same are retreads of older stories attributed to others.
Evil is a subjective judgment, not a factual quality. Were we evil for bombing the japanese? Was jesus evil for raiding the temple and attacking the moneylenders? Unless you have a context in which to put things, judgments of this type are meaningless.
<quoted text>
but we DO have context for these things, thats what history is for

"Evil is a subjective judgment, not a factual quality" --- possibly - so you think you can never judge someone as being evil? you dont think Japanese soldiers that raided villages, shot & burned innocent men, women, children alive, all b/c their emperor told them to....you dont call that being evil?

Indianapolis

#260196 Sep 25, 2012
Our origin was unique for the time; colonies did not leave their mother countries, period. Our doing so would have caused great concern in europe (home of imperialism on a grand scale) unless we explained precisely why we were doing so. That was why the DOI was written. It was never meant to be a guiding or ruling document and carries no weight in court of law today.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Nations come into being in many ways. Military rebellion, civil strife, acts of heroism, acts of treachery, a thousand greater and lesser clashes between defenders of the old order and supporters of the new--all these occurrences and more have marked the emergences of new nations, large and small. The birth of our own nation included them all. That birth was unique, not only in the immensity of its later impact on the course of world history and the growth of democracy, but also because so many of the threads in our national history run back through time to come together in one place, in one time, and in one document: the Declaration of Independence.
Drafted by Thomas Jefferson between June 11 and June 28, 1776, the Declaration of Independence is at once the nation's most cherished symbol of liberty and Jefferson's most enduring monument. Here, in exalted and unforgettable phrases, Jefferson expressed the convictions in the minds and hearts of the American people. The political philosophy of the Declaration was not new; its ideals of individual liberty had already been expressed by John Locke and the Continental philosophers. What Jefferson did was to summarize this philosophy in "self-evident truths" and set forth a list of grievances against the King in order to justify before the world the breaking of ties between the colonies and the mother country. The nation to which the Declaration gave birth has had an immense impact on human history, and continues to do so.
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/dec...

Indianapolis

#260197 Sep 25, 2012
So it's better for kids to get pregnant and die in car accidents than to have alternatives? You;re frigging insane. A pill that would cause sobriety would be an AWESOME product.

But, of course, you want girls to be punished for having sex. If you had your way, more of them would die in childbirth as a lesson for others.
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Isnt that wonderful? Now they can go have more sex. If they need again, NO PROBLEM.
1-3 kids have an STD. Somebody needs to come up with an instant escape from that too.
Kid should have NO consequences. NONE!
Hey I got it....how about a pill to instantly sober up a teenager so they can drive themselves into oblivion and then be sober by the time they return home to mom and dad? NO DRUNK DRIVING ACCIDENTS.
Okay..Im going to patent that.

Indianapolis

#260198 Sep 25, 2012
So the pope shouldn't feel bad about WW2 since he ended up head of the RCC.

Anyone can play this parlor game.
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> So he shouldnt regret killing her if all ended well for him.
Your logic. Not mine.
The way my Catholic faith believes is that God can bring order out of chaos. We must repent if we are to be forgiven. God doesnt reward sin but in his mercy, he offers forgiveness and healing and restoring our sanity /peace in our lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coral Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Bluestater 1,252,109
Review: Law Offices Of George Castrataro 4 hr forgiveness 82
Review: Red Balloon Party Rental (Sep '09) 5 hr Red Balloon Party... 47
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 hr Earthling-1 53,996
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 22 hr Ratloder 70,147
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sun Anne 97,408
Review: Bellagio Condo (Apr '11) Sat Justin 9
More from around the web

Coral Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Coral Springs Mortgages