Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309850 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#258733 Sep 18, 2012
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> ^^^^^^liar^^^^
You agree with /support restrictions. You're antichoice like me.
Skanky, if ANY of us were "like you" we'd all collectively drink the kool aid. Suicide is preferable to being like your stupid ass.

One can support restrictions and still be pro-choice. I support gun ownership WITH RESTRICTIONS. I support being able to drink WITH RESTRICTIONS. I support the right to free speech WITH RESTRICTIONS.

Being FOR reasonable restrictions does not make one anti-choice you boob.

Location hidden

#258734 Sep 18, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said that.
Don't know how old your son is but chances are that the girl wouldn't know what she would do until it happened?
I dont believe for one moment that she actually HAS a son, or daugher for that matter. She wouldn't say the stupid shit she does if she did. I believe its just one more thing she lies about, just like the dumpster diving uncle and the brother who was dead until the priest walked in, or the various "best friends" she claims to have that are all apparently such fkd up messes..

Location hidden

#258735 Sep 18, 2012
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Most likely someone with a proabort parent would choose abortion as a quick solution to an untimely, scary situation. People who are taught that killing is an option have that imbedded in their conscience. The rest of us girls/ women would never even think of killing.
27% of Catholics who make up the abortion statistics disagree with you.
This rabbitfoo is a nut

Brooklyn, NY

#258736 Sep 18, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
What silence? I've spoken about it before. Its not an issue for me. Lesbian, remember? I adopted the child your kind didn't want.
Would I abort? When I was younger, no. Why? Because for ME, it would have gone against how I was taught and what I believed in. However, I would NEVER have assumed to try to push my view on others. In fact, I helped my best friend get an abortion in the 70's, and she never knew I was against it until we were much older and revisited that time in conversation.
Today, being older and wiser and MUCH better educated if I got pregnant via a rape, you're damn right I would abort. In a heartbeat. I wouldn't get pregnant any other way.
You REALLY ARE a moron Skanky.
You have got to start being honest with yourself. If you helped your friend get an abortion,then you weren't against abortion.
Abortion was against your beliefs and how you were taught yet you helped a friend abort and you now support elective abortion? What a screwball.
letsyakalot

Muscotah, KS

#258737 Sep 18, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Lol. Yeah, okay. My reaction to the kooks who think they can control a woman's medical decisions has always been this: Every woman has a moral right, regardless of the current legal status of abortion, to privately choose whether to carry a pregnancy to term or to abort it.
What you choose to read into that is up to you. Who cares?
Well there are kook's in the govt who want to force Catholics to go against their beliefs and force them to accept birth control in their health insurance and abortion. Pretty soon if Obama wins, maybe the govt will force poor Catholics into having abortions. Lord help us if that happens.
letsyakalot

Muscotah, KS

#258738 Sep 18, 2012
Viva Cristo Rey!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#258739 Sep 18, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>So 10,000 human lives being killed at 24 weeks of life is "not many" OR "low" in your opinion?
When compared to 1 million yes. When compared to 25,000 no.
sassylicious wrote:
Guess what? ONE life killed via abortion is ONE TOO MANY.
No kidding, but so is two lives killed via an illegal abortion.
"""Can you explain why restrictions cause the abortion statistics to rise? Since 1973 they just keep going up and up""""
According to your proabort friends here,abortions are declining in numbers. Here you are saying they "just keep going up and up". Interesting.
sassylicious wrote:
They are declining, I asked if you could explain why restrictions cause the abortion rate to go up. There are peaks when they increase.
[QUOTE who="sassylicious"]O ver a MILLION humans lives in this country alone,EACH YEAR(4,000 daily)are being aborted. MANY women have repeated abortions(2,3,4,5,etc)because it is available. They become desensitized to killing their unwanted children. Abortion is birth control to most women who abort. They can seek pleasure,and ...well...abort if they become pregnant.
OFF to the same behavior because they don't have consequences apparently :/
;) SO they THINK.
Who says they become desensitized? How would you know it's used as a form of birth control? Have you had a few? Seek pleasure? Can you not say sex?
This rabbitfoo is a nut

Brooklyn, NY

#258740 Sep 18, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Skanky, if ANY of us were "like you" we'd all collectively drink the kool aid. Suicide is preferable to being like your stupid ass.
One can support restrictions and still be pro-choice. I support gun ownership WITH RESTRICTIONS. I support being able to drink WITH RESTRICTIONS. I support the right to free speech WITH RESTRICTIONS.
Being FOR reasonable restrictions does not make one anti-choice you boob.
I disagree with this. As I can see,you are still being dishonest. Sorry but you either want a woman to choose of she remains pregnant or not. Tke your wishy washy views elsewhere. Grow a pair of balls will ya? Nobody takes your kind of hogwash seriously except other goofballs.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#258741 Sep 18, 2012
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Consequences never came up in discussion? That's not really good LC.
Do you honestly think that it's wrong to address real life?
Sadly, you do not address real life, you just try to push your ideologies on others. This is not helping the issue, nor education your offspring.
You have yet again taken a statement out of context, injected your own interpretation just for the sake of arguing.
You need to get a clue lady, you're utterly hopeless.

Location hidden

#258742 Sep 18, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Why would she need to be here to confirm that she made them bonkers?
She's the one that left, not them. Doesn't seem to me she had that much of an effect on anyone.
sassylicious wrote:
Many prolifers get tired of the ignorance on here. Our mission of voicing our defense for the unborn is not limited to on an anonymous forum. In fact,this is merely used as an opportunity during a work week when we may have internet work. That's why you don't see most prolifers on these forums on the weekends. We enjoy our weekends with our families.
I never tire of anyone"s ignorance. It's fascinating to me. I enjoy mine 24/7. Well between 5:30 a.m to 5:pm he's at work but he's always on my mind ;). I donate money to keep abortion rights legal, I vote to keep abortion rights legal and write to my legislators.
elise in burque

United States

#258743 Sep 18, 2012
Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, you do not address real life, you just try to push your ideologies on others. This is not helping the issue, nor education your offspring.
You have yet again taken a statement out of context, injected your own interpretation just for the sake of arguing.
You need to get a clue lady, you're utterly hopeless.
You hit her tactic on the nose. At her worst, she literally makes stuff up out of whole cloth. Quite dishonest.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#258744 Sep 18, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Only by ignoring his first sentence and focusing on his second sentence. Of course you, with such integrity, would *never* do such a thing. Right?
: X
Right I wouldn't. Which is why I did NOT ignore and I DID acknowledge the first part of his sentence when I said " The Constitution covers more than just citizens on our soil."
( Post #258590 )

Every futile idiotic attempt you've made to portray me as someone who twists people's words has FAILED.
cpeter1313 wrote:
The constitution covers citizens on our soil. You really think it applies to native of zanzibar?
I know what Vladdy wrote ya dope ya. And I acknowledged the first part of his sentence. However, because the first part of his sentence is correct does NOT make the second part part correct. He is absolutely WRONG. The constitution DOES cover a native a Zanzibar.....as long as he's within the US jurisdiction. He can even be here illegally and it still covers him. Vladdy was wrong
And so were you in trying to say I ignored his first sentence. You lied.....again.

“Nasty Nana”

Location hidden

#258745 Sep 18, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said that.
Don't know how old your son is but chances are that the girl wouldn't know what she would do until it happened?
Trying to talk sense to the deranged is a waste of time. She never reads what is posed to her, she is either incapable or just wants to be difficult, hard to say, going with the latter would give her far to much credit of which she isn't worthy of.
I'm sure you've done a fine job raising your boys. We each have our own forms of parenting, no one child is the same. I have a very young child, but he is very aware of the world around him, we've had several discussion that could be classed as the start of the birds and bees so to speak. If we do not keep our children informed some body else will, and that misinformation could lead to more harm. It is my job to raise him, arming him with the education needed to make good choices, scare tactics don't work, thus our teenage pregnancy and abortion rates being so high in this country. I trust my child now to make good choices, and have an open door policy in my home, he can talk to me about any thing, any time.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#258746 Sep 18, 2012
letsyakalot wrote:
<quoted text> Well there are kook's in the govt who want to force Catholics to go against their beliefs and force them to accept birth control in their health insurance and abortion. Pretty soon if Obama wins, maybe the govt will force poor Catholics into having abortions. Lord help us if that happens.
Nah, that's just the gov't making sure employers aren't forcing their religion on their employees by way of company policy and wage packet.

Go pound sand.

Location hidden

#258747 Sep 18, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Nobody is saying that human beings shouldn't have sex. We do teach our young ones to abstain,don't we? Are THEY not sexual beings? Of course they are but sex outside certain boundaries creates disasterous situations.
You said "sex belongs in a committed relationship". I said 60% of the women who have abortions are in a committed relationship or married whatever. That's more abortions than those who are not in a committed relationship. Simple math.
sassylicious wrote:
What about a man who goes on many business trips every month? Suppose he gets those sexual urges that are normal? What's he to do? Go cheat on his wife because "it's absurd to expect human beings not to have sex"?
Didn't know that self-control wasn't in your vocabulary.
Self control is in my vocabulary. A man/woman/husband/wife is going to cheat regardless of their location or "urges".

“Nasty Nana”

Location hidden

#258748 Sep 18, 2012
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Most likely someone with a proabort parent would choose abortion as a quick solution to an untimely, scary situation. People who are taught that killing is an option have that imbedded in their conscience. The rest of us girls/ women would never even think of killing.
The reality though for my sons is that there are millions of abortions EVERY year and that means it's a possibility that their child could die. My sons know who is pc and who is not. Although realistically many cave in to pressure at a very vulnerable time. Sadly. Tragically.
So you've taught your children that an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth is wrong? You've taught them that we should not take the life of a killer or rapist? Are you telling me you do not support the killing of a guilty party?
Are you kidding me right now, are you now claiming that your son(s) now do not sleep with girls of their own free will, but are pressured into by those fast loose girls? When it comes to banging, PC vs PL does not come into it. That makes for a great chat-up line!
You have confirmed that you are as dumb as you are naive, I stand corrected, I gave your intelligence far to much credit before.

Location hidden

#258749 Sep 18, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Are you insinuating that women are dumb now?
She wants "some" but is too stupid to care about getting pregnant?
Oh yeah,that's right,over a MILLION abortions every year.
I see your point. I guess the men should step up and "demand a condom be worn or she aint gettin none".
@@
No dear, I'm insinuating that men should take equal responsibility, not just to prevent a pregnancy but to prevent an STD. Speaking of "dumb" I believe you're the one against artificial birth control but still had sex anyway.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#258750 Sep 18, 2012
Gee, fucwit, how does one determine "24 hours before birth", unless you have a really tightly-scheduled caesarean?
Irish brigade wrote:
Its the right of the woman to have a live foetus ripped out of her uterus through her vagina. Its just tissue, like a wart, and nobody should be able to tell a woman she can't do this. Vote Obama and protect our right to abort a baby up to the day before its born.

Location hidden

#258751 Sep 18, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
"""No one has said "abortion is fine" Ink. Hopefully it is the last resort every time"""" "
Why?
Because it's a very difficult decision to make and I imagine a very sad time don't you?
sassylicious wrote:
Why isn't abortion as a first choice OR used as birth control not "fine" by you?
Refer to the above.
sassylicious wrote:
For that matter,why do you care what women choose or why they choose to do it?
Refer to the above.
sassylicious wrote:
You wanted your tubes tied long before your blot clot situation but was denied. Have you gone back to try since you have a serious situation? I bet not.
Getting your tubes tied has no effect on a woman's cycle. I wanted my tubes tied to prevent any unexpected surprises and was denied. I would have to have a supracervical hysterectomy, meaning uterus removed. It's been just two weeks lol, can I have some time to think about it. Just for you, I'll abstain from sex til then..........Not!

Location hidden

#258752 Sep 18, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>I'm SURE they are. It's no secret that many men(I use that term man loosely)like to use women for sex (showing ZERO respect for her or her body),then dump her when she gets pregnant(DUMPING his responsibility as a father).
Abortion fits in JUST fine for those type of *cough* men. The rest,just bail and become dead beat dads.
Isn't choice WONDERFUL?
You women are so freakin naive it's scary.
If you feel this way about men, why would you ask if I was insinuating woman were dumb when I said men should demand a condom be worn LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coral Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min USAsince1680 1,232,004
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min IBdaMann 53,453
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 11 hr TRD 70,012
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 12 hr Anne 97,251
Review: MB Automotive 22 hr Christina 1
A safe, psychedelic, plant and fungi guided bo... 23 hr jjay75 2
News Financial friendship turns sour (Aug '07) Apr 30 theguy 103
More from around the web

Coral Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]