Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310476 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#245599 Jun 26, 2012
Lady_Venus wrote:
<quoted text>
Giggle!!!
It hurts them so good, it is what they thrive on after all!
;-)
Yet all she's doing is abusing herslef. She's abusing her own self-respect, her own dignity, her own self-worth etc. by posting the ignorance, stupidity and viciousness she posts. She's not touching any one else with what she posts, because what she posts isn't the truth. It's never the truth. That girl has been on self-destruct at least ever since i've been here.

“Don't kill me mom”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#245600 Jun 26, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
So you raised a kid who can't call a cab and has no friends?
<quoted text>
Joke gone bad ^^^^

Notice lala avoids the question AGAIN?
LOL

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#245601 Jun 26, 2012
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text> Give it up lala. IP addys can change from one side of a building to another. Change your computer(ipad, laptop, pc, iphone) and the same thing can happen.
There are many ways to change location , miss "educated". Your fooling yourself not us.
LOL, leave it to the people she likes to call "drop outs" to prove what an idiot the self-proclaimed "educated" one is. We can see the obvious, and it's just as obvious she can't.
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#245602 Jun 26, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your dead hubby rots."
The only poster who posts things like that about Sassy's deceased 1st husband is Ladiulu. You're losing it, and we'll be witnessing it happen...again. Happens every time a PLer posts truth that hits home with you.
You can believe whatever you want to believe, you delusional moron. I heard on this thread today that sASS's hubby is dead.

"Cattle die, kinsmen die
one day you die yourself"

Tell me if "Ladi" would post something of that nature, ms. know-it-all.

“Don't kill me mom”

Location hidden

#245603 Jun 26, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter how you want to say it, the simple truth is that sASS said that she'd rather her daughter die than have an abortion. That doesn't sound very "pro-life" to me.
I would rather my kids die then to find out that they DELIBERATELY killed anyone. My son included.

We don't kill, so I'm safe.

How about you miss " I admitted to an abortion".?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#245604 Jun 26, 2012
You;ve explained nothing. You are not a physician and you are not privy to each pregnancy that attains complications. For many women, the thought of waiting until the last moment to see if an abortion is required is stupid, since changes can happen incredibly quickly under those circumstances. We don't wait until the patient is in cardiac failure to replace a damaged valve.
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>What does my post have to do with her?
Lala is no different from you. You BOTH support an evil act to destroy the life of your developing child.
I don't believe in deliberate killing to save anothers life. I've explained why its not necessary as you've been fed to believe.
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#245605 Jun 26, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
IP address aside, the post was definitely not your writing style. I will say that this is one reason I have a registered ID.
<quoted text>
Thanks. Like I said, that other kenose wasn't as ... nice as me

;-)

“Don't kill me mom”

Location hidden

#245606 Jun 26, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
You;re as stupid as he is. He hasn't destroyed anyone here; he can't. He is also incapable of discussing this or any other topic. From what I gather from his personality, if he ever had sex with a woman and she got pregnant, he would probably HOPE she'd abort so he wouldn't have to pay child support. And he sure as hell isn't mature enough to be a useful father.
I can ell you flat out that his narcissism means he doesn't give a damn about the fetus--or women.
<quoted text>
You proaborts don't care about the fetus either. You don't care about the woman either. What monster would support a woman killing her preborn child?

No proaborts helping a poor girl save her baby. Only financial help to allow her to kill it(PP).

Nuff said.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Indianapolis

#245607 Jun 26, 2012
If they did it deliberately, then they already know. How weak are your kids that they cannot handle their own actions and decisions?
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>I would rather my kids die then to find out that they DELIBERATELY killed anyone. My son included.
We don't kill, so I'm safe.
How about you miss " I admitted to an abortion".?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#245608 Jun 26, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, lookie, lookie, Lynniekins wants her credit just like Chicky got it, and from an alleged "bonehead."
"If a husband calling his wife a bitch is abuse and assault, what do you think makes it different when you people do it?"
Let me give you a hypothetical scenario Lynniekins; my wife and I are having wild sex and right about the time she's about to orgasm I ask her; who's your daddy you bitch; am I really assaulting her, or is it just "consensual" sex between two adults?
lol, Once again, when a pea brain tries to prove something, they always end up proving something for the opposition.

As for your hypothetical, you really do prove you're a pig. Even thinking of saying, "Who's your daddy bitch" to a woman you supposedly love and respect says all kinds of truths about the type of man you are.

As for the proof Chicky provided, you just proved my point.

A husband calling his wife a "bitch", or vice versa a wife calling her husband an "asshole" is not an "assault". Unless the names are used as a violent verbal attack, or as a threat of physical attack. Physical attack would be considered "battery".

Unless someone is being verbally abusive in such a way as to cause the other person to feel threatened, then it's not an "assault". It's verbally abusive when said to be degrading, but "assault" is using words to cause someone to feel physically threatened.

Don't you know anything of a legal nature?
Katie

Kent, WA

#245609 Jun 26, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is the woman's right with respect to her own body, but IF her daughter wanted the abortion, and Skanky said "NO", and her daughter died as a result, that *is* tantamount to killing her, katie.
Do you feel that parents who withold medical intervention for their children based on their religious beliefs are in any way responsible for their child's subsequent demise?
Again, I see where you're coming from, but I don't agree. JM has been clear that her daughter would not choose an abortion; even if life-saving.

Now, I still think this is along the lines of Andrea Yates believing her children would be saved from sin with death by drowning. Both Andrea Yates and JM base their beliefs on religious dogma, not facts.

Therefore, when parents withhold treatment from their minor children when a life-saving treatment is available (blood transfusion, actual physician care over prayers, etc.), I do agree there is some responsibility in their children's eventual demise. At the same time, it is a fine line between quantity and quality of life. There are no qualifiers in your post, but so many in real life, La.

Hope you see where I am coming from. To elaborate about that hypothetical...

I see big discrepancies with JM's beliefs. On one hand, she is like Michael Schiavo by stating her daughter would refuse life-saving medical treatment if she had a fatal pregnancy. Therefore she, JM, would follow her daughter's wishes by letting her die rather than abort.

On the other hand, JM is like Andrea Yates by acting on nonfactual beliefs where death ensues.

Bottom line -- We do have civil rights to make personal decisions and choices without undue pressures from gov'tal or religious forces. So this protects someone like JM making a decision to refuse treatment for her adult daughter. It doesn't protect the Susan Smiths or Andrea Yates from actively killing their minor children, though. Yet it also protects someone else who decides to accept that life-saving treatment by aborting a fatal pregnancy; even a late or later one. Both sides of the same coin, imo.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#245610 Jun 26, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, but I assure you, you really are a fool. An uneducated, ignorant one.
It's not as if I care, dear. It's not as if YOU matter.
You don't matter.
Period.
You didn't care, so you went so far as to post unregistered, to try to prove something. Which, btw, was an epic fail.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#245611 Jun 26, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I've not provided proof of any medical facts? Not provided any legal facts? At all? Ever?
And now one post equals a rant? LOLOL Look who's talking! "How many posts does it take for Triple L to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?"
Hmmm
While I understand you believe you're superior to all others, I am quite content in all the backup I've provided for my claims here. And when I have time to dig up Doc's posts for my evidence of his magic act with words, I will. But if that's all you got against me, you are empty-handed. Again.
"I've not provided proof of any medical facts? Not provided any legal facts? At all? Ever?"

Once again your lack of reading comprehension fails you. You rpovided what you thought was proof, but which only proved what we had been saying all along. Because you can't read for comprehension, you didn't even understand what was written on the medical or legal facts you provided. You're an ignorant buffoon.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#245612 Jun 26, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
It's hard to tell if he is an actual racist or if he's like a naughty 3yo who knows he'll get a response if he says something shocking. I submit he is clearly DESPERATE for attention and clearly delusional about his ability to debate others. He actually thinks he can intimidate people on the internet by challenging them to a "brawl". It doesn't get stupider than that.
<quoted text>
I suspect it's a combination of both.

At any rate, he certainly isn't the sort of person a normal person, a person with a modicum of class, would want to call their "knight in shining armour." One has to have exceptionally low standards to think of him in that light.

“The one who knows”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#245613 Jun 26, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
That's it dance some more, little closet boy...
See, ya psychotic milk-baby, you're dancing to my tune again. Damn, before I know it, you'll be asking for nude pics of me.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#245615 Jun 26, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is against that patients WILL, then YES.
The discussion was that her daughter would have WANTED the life-saving abortion. Not allowing her to choose to save her own life IS equivalent to "killing" her. YES.
Was it ever mentioned how OLD this daughter was? Was Sassy's daughter a grown woman when the question was asked? In other words, she may not have wanted it for her daughter, but WHERE did she say she would actually prevent it?

That's where you people are once again spitting in the wind with your arguments about this.
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#245614 Jun 26, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because Sassy clearly stated her [first] concern was her daughter's eternal life. People with no soul would never understand that.
At the time of her post, it mentioned nothing about this "eternal life" garbage, but that doesn't change her saying:

She'd rather her daughter be dead than have an abortion.

Spare us the ridiculousness of what you or sASS thinks will happen after we die.

“The one who knows”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#245616 Jun 26, 2012
Pluto is a planet wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to agree to disagree on your opinion of him not being a stupid person. The rest of your post is on target though.
Oh, smarter than you can imagine, home-skillet!

“Don't kill me mom”

Location hidden

#245617 Jun 26, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is the woman's right with respect to her own body, but IF her daughter wanted the abortion, and Skanky said "NO", and her daughter died as a result, that *is* tantamount to killing her, katie.
Do you feel that parents who withold medical intervention for their children based on their religious beliefs are in any way responsible for their child's subsequent demise?
You're painfully ignorant. As "if" I could override her LEGAL choice.

Lala? GREAT news. We would NEVER kill our own child. Not all are like you. I would sacrifice my life for my child. I am from generations of powerful women who embrace our feminity, while keeping our self respect. We ALWAYS put our children first. That's true love baby.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#245618 Jun 26, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I see where you're coming from, but I don't agree. JM has been clear that her daughter would not choose an abortion; even if life-saving.
But that wasn't the original scenario, katie. The scenario was presented to her. She changed it to avoid answering it properly.
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>

Now, I still think this is along the lines of Andrea Yates believing her children would be saved from sin with death by drowning. Both Andrea Yates and JM base their beliefs on religious dogma, not facts.
Therefore, when parents withhold treatment from their minor children when a life-saving treatment is available (blood transfusion, actual physician care over prayers, etc.), I do agree there is some responsibility in their children's eventual demise. At the same time, it is a fine line between quantity and quality of life. There are no qualifiers in your post, but so many in real life, La.
Hope you see where I am coming from. To elaborate about that hypothetical...
I see big discrepancies with JM's beliefs. On one hand, she is like Michael Schiavo by stating her daughter would refuse life-saving medical treatment if she had a fatal pregnancy. Therefore she, JM, would follow her daughter's wishes by letting her die rather than abort.
On the other hand, JM is like Andrea Yates by acting on nonfactual beliefs where death ensues.
Bottom line -- We do have civil rights to make personal decisions and choices without undue pressures from gov'tal or religious forces. So this protects someone like JM making a decision to refuse treatment for her adult daughter. It doesn't protect the Susan Smiths or Andrea Yates from actively killing their minor children, though. Yet it also protects someone else who decides to accept that life-saving treatment by aborting a fatal pregnancy; even a late or later one. Both sides of the same coin, imo.
Okay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coral Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Realtime 1,275,408
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Earthling-1 54,503
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 hr Uzi 70,158
Debate: Marijuana - Fort Lauderdale, FL (Aug '10) Fri Jesse Davit 76
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Thu Smartpantz 97,460
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Aug 27 Norbert of Norview 71,944
Review: Bellagio Condo (Apr '11) Aug 26 Matt P 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coral Springs Mortgages