Man Blinded By Bullet Faces Confessed Shooter, Wife's Killer

Full story: NBC 6 South Florida

In court on Wednesday, a shooting victim faced the man who allegedly took his eyesight and killed his wife.
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2013
Saw

Trenton, MI

#1 Mar 1, 2008
As a very close cousin to Garrett Kopp i apologize for the loss to Mr. Sutton. Garrett was a victim in ways and lots of people cant see this if it weren't for Chris, Garrett would not be in Prison for murder. Chris threatened his son's life and just because Garrett didn't go to the police doesn't mean he wasn't scared for his son's life. Garrett is good at heart and i love him and he regrets his actions and lives with them everyday. Chris had been wanting and plotting his parents death for years, i do not approve of Garrett's violent crimes but i do stand by his side and hope the best for him and i am here for him always. Mr.Sutton again i am sorry for the grief of your loss and your blindness but your son was sick in the head and threating a little child you know what your son and in mind for you and thats why you sent him away, Garrett was not a monster before Chris threatened his sons life.. People need to see some way in their hearts that he is sorry and if given a 2nd chance at life will live up to high expectations.. Keep your head up Garrett I Love You...
Diane

United States

#2 Apr 12, 2008
I am a friend of Garrett's father. I met Garrett about 10 years ago at his father's store in Miami. He was a bright and handsome young man. I saw his father today and he told me all about this whole horrible mess. I feel very sorry for what Mr. Sutton has gone thru and wil continue to live with. I know in my heart that Garrett must have been very afraid of Chris and believed that Chris would have killed both him and his son. I fell sorry for all parties involved in this case. Not just Garrett but his family also.
Garrett if you read this think back about 6 yrs ago and try to remember me. I never called you by your name I always called you Brat..I will keep you in my prayers.
Anne

Fishers, IN

#3 Jul 2, 2008
what a tragedy, My Heart Goes Out to Mr Sutton.
I knew the Kopp family when I was growing up
and they are all troubled people and their kids have had run ins with the law at some point. they should have been locked up years ago.
old friend miami fl

Miami, FL

#4 Jun 2, 2010
it wouldn't be the first time chris has threatened gerrett, and i have heard chris say he hated his parents especially his dad for sending him to that "prison" and i am sure that juliet knew about it as well. purely speculation but chris had a lot of people who were scared of him. i feel bad for his sister and his father and his mother who lost her life .
jean almaguer

Hollywood, FL

#5 Jul 17, 2010
Long time friend we will miss you garrett
anneisretared

North Adams, MA

#6 Jul 22, 2010
Anne wrote:
what a tragedy, My Heart Goes Out to Mr Sutton.
I knew the Kopp family when I was growing up
and they are all troubled people and their kids have had run ins with the law at some point. they should have been locked up years ago.
Nothing was wrong with that family, but there must be something wrong with you... maybe you should have been locked up years ago, eh?
jack

Toronto, Canada

#7 Oct 17, 2010
ur nuts for saying gareet did this due to being scared-u idiotttttttttttttttttttttttt-h e did the shooting-the white trash loser should be beheaded without meds
Angela

United States

#8 Oct 18, 2010
jack wrote:
ur nuts for saying gareet did this due to being scared-u idiotttttttttttttttttttttttt-h e did the shooting-the white trash loser should be beheaded without meds
U obviously didnt know Garret, far from white trash. Only him and that asshole know what really happened. He is doing his time. If he makes it and gets out his children will have children. I agree he is idiotic in his reasoning, whats chris' excuse? U r no judge or jury behead this!
FamilyFriend

Irmo, SC

#9 Nov 15, 2010
Garrett and his brother have been in trouble with the law for years. Both have been in and out of jail. If he was so afraid of Chris and what he would do to his son, why didn't he kill Chris. Or call the Police. He did because he belived he was going to get a lump of cash for the "hit". He has been a drug addict for quite some time and this is the life he ended up with. His father did all he could do but the kid was beyond help. It's a shame a lady had to die and a man be blinded and you feel sorry for the killer? Give me a break!
Norma in Oregon

United States

#11 Feb 14, 2011
I don't know any of the people involved in this case. I am indeed saddened for the Sutton family and how their lives have been changed by this violent act. I am also saddened for the Kopp family. Watching Mr. Kopp on TruTV was painful. Intuitively my heart breaks for Garrett. He was the triggerman - no doubt, but my sixth-sense tells me he is very regretful and wishes he could replay the events of that night and just run away -from the house, from Chris, from his own evil deeds. If only we had crystal balls and could see our future...I'm praying.
dana

Lexington, SC

#12 Apr 4, 2011
Norma in Oregon wrote:
I don't know any of the people involved in this case. I am indeed saddened for the Sutton family and how their lives have been changed by this violent act. I am also saddened for the Kopp family. Watching Mr. Kopp on TruTV was painful. Intuitively my heart breaks for Garrett. He was the triggerman - no doubt, but my sixth-sense tells me he is very regretful and wishes he could replay the events of that night and just run away -from the house, from Chris, from his own evil deeds. If only we had crystal balls and could see our future...I'm praying.
I have to agree. i was saddened by this whole case. i feel that garrett is indeed regretful. i pray for god's grace in the situation and that good comes out of evil.
Adam

Miami, FL

#13 Oct 28, 2011
jack wrote:
u r the idiotttttttttttttttttt, look how stupid u look for posting this...Don't judge others, especially when u DON'T KNOW the persons history...u haven't begun to walk in his shoes, u r comfy in ur judgements..
Saw Rerun

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Apr 10, 2013
The shooter was a white trash thug. You could see during the interrogation he wasn't remorseful. He did it on the expectation of 100K. You people defending him (I suspect his family) are sick in the head. Hope this A-hole rots and dies in prison as he so obviously deserves to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coral Gables Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miami police CAUGHT using emergency lights for ... 5 hr Officer Freindly ... 3
Do not move to Miami if.... (Feb '10) 12 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 88
New Miami-Dade civil courthouse proposals faces... 21 hr WJDC WE LOVE YA 1
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Fri Sur 13 Beat 2,959
Is getting in Florida each day Thu WE JUST DONT CARE 1
Adam the Macho Lifeguard to race "Nuttsack Futt... Aug 28 BigBill 7
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Aug 28 Liberal forever 2,121
•••
•••
•••

Coral Gables Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Coral Gables People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Coral Gables News, Events & Info