Continue to story

Continue to story

There are 3 comments on the The World story from Jan 16, 2008, titled Continue to story. In it, The World reports that:

“I don't believe that the agency involved in the arrest should be the one investigating it”

The Coos County District Attorney's office's Major Crime Team is investigating an arrest by officers from the Coquille Police Department, which led to a Coquille man being hospitalized with life-threatening ... via The World

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The World.

Nancy in Coquille

Medford, OR

#1 Jan 17, 2008
I am so glad that most of the comments are positive towards the police officers that were only doing their job. All the rest of us fortunately have the option when confronted with a noncooperative citizen to get away and find the police to help us. The police officers had an uncooperative citizen and their job was to subdue and arrest him. It was not over a cracked windshield. It was the fact that he repeatedly beat the car windshield with a hammer while a frightened elderly and ex girlfriend sat inside! The officers can't say, "oh he's not cooperating, let's arrest him another day when he is feeling better". When someone is not cooperating, there is a possibility they are on drugs. That or they are mentally derranged, unable to cope with anger etc. They had to get this guy to the ground. The guy may have broken his own neck while resisting for all we know. Then the officers save this guys life by doing CPR! His type of fracture could easily cause death. Sounds like they did not like him when they save his life (note that was a sarcastic remark). Face it--each incident--they did their job! I feel bad for the guy as this was an accident but I really feel bad for the officers as they now have to face their own guilt (which happens even when everything they did was right) and face the criticisms of the community who only know part of the facts and have passed judgement. The department did not try and obscure things by pointing out the guy's background. The newspaper dug it up since it is public records! I think the facts that this guy was potentially violent has every bearing on the incident. Also, one last fact, the officers involved are wonderful people. I knew Mr. Webley before he joined the police force and he is the nicest guy you can imagine. I do not know the other officer involved very well but I respect the police force in Coquille and if they ever give me a command to put my hands behind my back for handcuffs--I will cooperate fully and figure out the facts later. Then there can never be an accident. Coquille Police Officers--YOU ARE THE BEST! Hang in there during this awful crisis. Hopefully the facts will clear the air but those who hate the police will never be appeased.
Sally Ann

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Jan 23, 2008
Geez, you obviously havn't had any personel dealings with the Coquille Police Officers. They are FAR from the best....Tell me why the killer of that poor girl who lost her tenny shoe up Lee valley road has never been found...Tell my why Some Cops are having sex in their rigs>>>>So many stories I could tell you...Open your eyes....This is a tainted department......I know from personal experience.

“The Great Druid”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3 Feb 23, 2008
Sally Ann wrote:
Geez, you obviously havn't had any personel dealings with the Coquille Police Officers. They are FAR from the best....Tell me why the killer of that poor girl who lost her tenny shoe up Lee valley road has never been found...Tell my why Some Cops are having sex in their rigs>>>>So many stories I could tell you...Open your eyes....This is a tainted department......I know from personal experience.
Could some of that personal experience be the circulation of a Patti Hearst type picture?
AKA the lumux

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coquille Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
melissa Miller May 16 Seriously 2
Kidnapping (Oct '15) May 16 Seriously 2
News Coos Bay hospital struggling with youth mental ... May 12 We Hate coos bay ... 1
Stationed at the North Bend Air Force Station (May '07) May 4 Don Miller 94
no way Apr '16 We hate coos bay ... 2
News Pipeline protesters: We're not going away Apr '16 We hate coos bay ... 1
News Coos Bay Man Arrested on Sex Abuse Charges (Jul '10) Feb '16 We hate coos bay ... 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coquille Mortgages