Recall vote expected for Coos County ...

Recall vote expected for Coos County commissioner

There are 1 comment on the KDRV story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Recall vote expected for Coos County commissioner. In it, KDRV reports that:

Associated Press A April 2, 2009 A COQUILLE, Ore. -- A recall election is expected May 5 in Coos County after Commissioner Kevin Stufflebean said he will fight to keep his seat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KDRV.

Thomas_S

Grants Pass, OR

#1 Apr 20, 2009
I have been trying to research the reasoning behind the current Coos County Recall Election 6-32R, the recall election of Kevin Shufflebean. If I get this right, the main reasons is the axing of 22 road maintenance people,( like we can afford to lose those guys, they work hard to keep our roads in at least drivable condition.) The Commissioners only responce seems to be, and I am overly simplifying here, I made had to made an unpopular and tough decision and I've saved the people of Coos County $60,000. My tough question is, is this enough to recall the guy, or does the reasoning go deeper? I read Mr Shufflebean claims people drive by his house and question his ethnicity (race.) I, for one, could care less if he is red, white, black, brown, orange, or green. My main concern is if it is right and justified to recall the man. Can anyone go deeper and really explain this recall?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coquille Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gov. Brown announces nominee for state police s... Jun 26 We Hate coos bay ... 1
a myrtle point alumni gets justice (Jul '15) Jun 19 Anonymous 2
News Protestors fight 'zombie' pipeline Jun 17 We Hate coos bay ... 1
Use Gorse for Biofuel. (Jul '07) Jun 2 Wynsquezr 25
News Man catches teens breaking into house, makes th... May 29 We Hate coos bay ... 1
melissa Miller (Dec '15) May '16 Seriously 2
Kidnapping (Oct '15) May '16 Seriously 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coquille Mortgages