Gun Sales To Spike as Many Believe in...

Gun Sales To Spike as Many Believe in Obama's Re-election

There are 328 comments on the KCEN story from Mar 7, 2012, titled Gun Sales To Spike as Many Believe in Obama's Re-election. In it, KCEN reports that:

Gun sales are up across the country. Some credit President Obama, and say there's a political correlation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCEN.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
CCW CITIZEN

Alexandria, VA

#1 Mar 7, 2012
Just Don't Vote For The Guy
Or Any Other Politician With Anything Simular
To His History.

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#2 Mar 7, 2012
ANYBODY BUT OBAMA!
I'd vote for a street-person sleeping on a park bench instead of that Obamnation.

Too-bad so many Americans are more interested in a pretty face instead of substance. What we NEED is Ron Paul. What we'll GET (if we're lucky?) is a Republican who will continue the same-ol' programs, and the economy will only recover due to perceptions instead of actual, tangible progress.
I guess that will have to do...maybe Rand Paul next time.
Start bunkering-in.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#3 Mar 7, 2012
What hype?

"Even though sales haven't spiked just yet, some local gun sellers say they expect sales to go up as the election gets closer as more Americans are locked and loaded."

SALES HAVE NOT SPIKED

Gun sellers pushing an agenda, based on non-credible evidence trying to increase sales. Obama as President has been a strong proponent of gun rights and 2nd Amendment.

He signed bill allowing guns to be taken into our national parks.

He refused to renew ban on assault rifles.

Not only has he showned his support as President for gun rights he has repeatedly spoken for protecting 2nd Amendments rights.

Gun owners have nothing to fear from Obama.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CCW CITIZEN

Alexandria, VA

#5 Mar 7, 2012
Actually they.
At one time I worked at a large gun store in Maryland and I know they keep a very large stock. After Obama's election I went to the store just to say hello and noticed that the shelves and racks were almost empty. In the almost 40 years that I have been going to this store I have never seen that before.
WMCOL wrote:
What hype?
"Even though sales haven't spiked just yet, some local gun sellers say they expect sales to go up as the election gets closer as more Americans are locked and loaded."
SALES HAVE NOT SPIKED
Gun sellers pushing an agenda, based on non-credible evidence trying to increase sales. Obama as President has been a strong proponent of gun rights and 2nd Amendment.
Not only has he showned his support as President for gun rights he has repeatedly spoken for protecting 2nd Amendments rights.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#6 Mar 7, 2012
CCW CITIZEN wrote:
Actually they.
At one time I worked at a large gun store in Maryland and I know they keep a very large stock. After Obama's election I went to the store just to say hello and noticed that the shelves and racks were almost empty. In the almost 40 years that I have been going to this store I have never seen that before.
<quoted text>
I agree 100%.I have a FFL and had trouble keeping my stock up.Ammo was also hard to get for about 6-8 months after Obama was elected.I can start to see the same trend already starting now. Just saying.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#7 Mar 7, 2012
CCW CITIZEN wrote:
Actually they.
<quoted text>
==========

Yeah the hype has worked before but that does not mean it will this time. The article is trying to make it seem it is a done deal, and it is not.
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

#8 Mar 7, 2012
Does this mean thereís going to be another run on reloading components too? I havenít recovered from the last one yet.
Texian historian

Killeen, TX

#9 Mar 7, 2012
WMCOL is correct. It's a case of supply and demand. People think there will be a shortage on guns and ammo, so they run out and clean off the shelves. The gun buyers just made demand go up, so prices go up. I can't verify gun makers are behind the "spike," but I wouldn't doubt it. I don't care if you hate this candidate or love that candidate. Just don't spread lies about someone because you don't like them. And yes, Get Out, your prices are going up. Sad but true. I had a lot of friends here in Texas complaining about the prices when in actuality it was their own fault for driving up the demand.
HATE

Austin, MN

#10 Mar 7, 2012
I have bought up many guns this year..I am worried the GOp will gain control and this nation will crumble underw ar spending and as the GOP trys to finish off us workingclass and the poor we will have to go to war agiant them.

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#11 Mar 8, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
Now do you really belive he would have signed a bill that permitted carry on national lands had it been a stand alone bill?

Has he been presented with the (what some people perceive as) assault rifles and stated he will not sign it?

His voting record in Illinois speaks volumes about his 2nd Ammendment rights. And yes, it does matter what he did in Illinois.
Louiston

Des Moines, IA

#13 Mar 8, 2012
WMCOL can try to excuse away Obama's Kill Doctrine perhaps.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/03...
HATE

Austin, MN

#14 Mar 8, 2012
I have been craving on each of my rounds this......'FOR THE 1%"
Louiston

Des Moines, IA

#15 Mar 8, 2012
HATE wrote:
I have been craving on each of my rounds this......'FOR THE 1%"
Craving? The only thing you crave is a mouthful of government spooge.
Louiston

Des Moines, IA

#16 Mar 8, 2012
HATE wrote:
I have bought up many guns this year..I am worried the GOp will gain control and this nation will crumble underw ar spending and as the GOP trys to finish off us workingclass and the poor we will have to go to war agiant them.
Keep drinking the DNC Kool-Aid, little tool.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17 Mar 8, 2012
pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree 100%.I have a FFL and had trouble keeping my stock up.Ammo was also hard to get for about 6-8 months after Obama was elected.I can start to see the same trend already starting now. Just saying.
Nothing wrong with having a little extra ammo on hand and something to fit any gun you own. They are nothing without the proper feeding.
Ginny

Hammonton, NJ

#18 Mar 8, 2012
I'm strongly thinking of getting a few guns not because of Obama's likelihood of making getting one harder for law abiding citizens. There are going to be so many nuts out there wanting Armageddon to happen the month after the election. I'm going to make sure our family will be protected especially from those who have become dependent on the government by choice.

Since: Sep 08

Placitas, NM

#19 Mar 8, 2012
Proving once again Gun Nuts Are!

The gun manufactures and their lobbyists over at the NRA are busting their ass of to create the false demand with their fear-mongering to paranoid racists.

Not even 1/3 of U.S. households report having any guns in the home -- the lowest level ever since the survey began in the 1970s, a survey indicates. Household gun ownership peaked in 1977 at 54%.
Ginny

Hammonton, NJ

#20 Mar 8, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
The gun manufactures and their lobbyists over at the NRA are busting their ass of to create the false demand with their fear-mongering to paranoid racists.
Not even 1/3 of U.S. households report having any guns in the home -- the lowest level ever since the survey began in the 1970s, a survey indicates. Household gun ownership peaked in 1977 at 54%.
I don't care about the NRA. I just care about my family. I have lots of friends, Black, White, Latino, who own guns. They're not lobbying me to get them. Crime is up where I live.

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#21 Mar 8, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
I question the survey results you mention. You have a link perhaps?

But at it's surface - if some polling company called and asked me if I had any firearms in my home I'd tell them to pound sand. It is nobody's business - especially with the scam calls one gets weekly.
ha ha

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Mar 8, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
keep beliving that sucker

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Copperas Cove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Problems with The South By-Pass Road around C C... 15 hr Whats happening 2
Disgusting Property (Jan '13) Sun Billy Lovette 17
Military soldiers who abuse their wives and kid... May 30 larry 5
Harker Heights. Twin Peaks to Host BIKE NIGHT May 25 Retired 1SG 2
News Jade 15: Texas and the whole GOP Going Mad May 24 Tazo 8
Review: Sassy Trash May 19 Badboy 1
good place to live? (Jan '10) May 17 Anthony 21
More from around the web

Copperas Cove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE