Bean Tree, Oasis...???
Coffee Fiend

Gatesville, TX

#1 Jun 25, 2011
Okay, so I know that Bean Tree coffee shop is no more, and it turned into a place called "Oasis." The coffee was pretty good when I stopped by a month or so ago and the drive thru was busy. But has it closed down? I heard that it has. When I was there in May, they did have a For Sale sign posted on the building.
Coryell Cove Resident

Killeen, TX

#2 Jun 25, 2011
Looks like it is closed. Drove by it today and it was empty. I liked that place.
Retired 1SG

Belton, TX

#3 Jun 26, 2011
Didn't know they had closed. No competition for Starbucks now.
Pedro

Burnet, TX

#4 Jun 26, 2011
I think Starbucks was the final straw in closing the Oasis. I hope Starbucks will landscape the front as most chain stores do. Mom and Pop local stores don't give a darn what their places look like.
Coffee Fiend

Rhome, TX

#5 Jun 26, 2011
Oh, that's too bad. Good coffee. I think their name change also did them in. Bean Tree had stuck, and the new name never transferred over. Plus, like Pedro said about landscaping store fronts, it could have been spiffed up a little bit. There's the Brew Thru, but they're not as well known for their coffee. ~~
Leeland

United States

#6 Jul 3, 2011
Coffee Fiend wrote:
Oh, that's too bad. Good coffee. I think their name change also did them in. Bean Tree had stuck, and the new name never transferred over. Plus, like Pedro said about landscaping store fronts, it could have been spiffed up a little bit. There's the Brew Thru, but they're not as well known for their coffee.~~
Yep, the Oasis guys ran it into the ground.
PTT1964

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#7 Jul 13, 2011
All the good places to eat in Cove are gone-started with Ches' years ago. All that is really left is Lil Tex and a few Mexican places and fast food! The German Imbiss is good, but you can eat only so much german food I really do not count Kettle-it could use a gut and complete remodel and perhaps a new menu, to help bring it back to life-ya know!
Jackie

Killeen, TX

#8 Jul 13, 2011
The Kettle smells terrible when you walk in. My husband loved the food when he went with my step-dad one morning, so we went back and - yeah, I don't think I could go back a third time without them doing a major renovation. It smelled like mold and cheap disinfectant, totally put me off the food (which tasted pretty good).
PTT1964

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#9 Jul 14, 2011
Need another good old fashioned comfort food restaurant like there was a long time ago-a place that makes American comfort food and is clean and does not smell like disinfectant nor mold! We do have 2 Italian restaurants too-forgot them yesterday. I also miss Fabulous West Steak House-which is now a funeral home. Like I said we had alot of great restaurants but all have since disappeared.
PTT1964

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#10 Jul 18, 2011
Anyone know what is goin on with the Oasis/Old Bean Tree location?
Retired 1SG

Belton, TX

#11 Jul 18, 2011
PTT1964 wrote:
Need another good old fashioned comfort food restaurant like there was a long time ago-a place that makes American comfort food and is clean and does not smell like disinfectant nor mold! We do have 2 Italian restaurants too-forgot them yesterday. I also miss Fabulous West Steak House-which is now a funeral home. Like I said we had alot of great restaurants but all have since disappeared.
The Fabulous West was great until the owners sold it. The new owners killed it.
former fan

Killeen, TX

#12 Jul 26, 2011
They are doing some remodeling but don't know what its going to be yet. Looks like a covered drive thru window. I think the name change started the decline. People didn't realize it was the same place after that.
packisback

Killeen, TX

#13 Jul 27, 2011
The place needed an update or face lift. It will be back up & running again soon. Still working on the area around the building - now if the business across the street on the corner(does alteration) would get a face lift then at least psrt of 190 west will look nice. Optical Lens, Playmoor (the parking area around it) & Pizza Hut just went thru a face lift and it looks great. Now to do something about the empty Blockbuster bulding hmmmm.
iluvit73

Waco, TX

#14 Jul 27, 2011
I was happy the old small valero store was torn down. Also the Kettle sign is all rusted too. I thought we had a sign ordinance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Copperas Cove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Easy job! 57 min sk89killeen 1
Jonathan rhen kitten (Oct '16) 4 hr BillyBob 4
News Infection case during Harvey prompts shelter cl... Nov 8 knowing 2
News Dana White Tells Troops Georges St. Pierre vs. ... (Jan '11) Nov 5 Mike 10
News Fort Hood Soldier Charged In Deadly Stabbing (Nov '09) Nov 2 I know the truth 13
Benjamin thomas (Jan '15) Nov 1 Bennkimm 4
Vote no for MDD in November election Oct 29 Coffee fiend 3

Copperas Cove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Copperas Cove Mortgages