Cove's Fire Chief "Retires"

Posted in the Copperas Cove Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Retired 1SG

Belton, TX

#1 Jan 7, 2012
Retires? He's only been here 3 years. You don't retire after only working somewhere for 3 years.
What is really behind this? I have a feeling the city manager is flexing her muscles again. I wish we'd get a city council with some gonads and stand up to this woman.
Everybody bashed Roger O'Dwyer as mayor. I know he is hard to work with, but he demanded answers. Rather than get to the truth on things, the builders and developers and good ol' boys got their council candidates elected and ousted him.
This is why this city is going down the tubes. Wake up people.
Realitor

Killeen, TX

#2 Jan 8, 2012
I can help you with your problems, call me we will get your house on the market and you can be on your way to a better community. That is if you can find one which I doubt you can, cove is a great place to live!!!!

Keep up the good work city council and staff!!!
Retired 1SG wrote:
Retires? He's only been here 3 years. You don't retire after only working somewhere for 3 years.
What is really behind this? I have a feeling the city manager is flexing her muscles again. I wish we'd get a city council with some gonads and stand up to this woman.
Everybody bashed Roger O'Dwyer as mayor. I know he is hard to work with, but he demanded answers. Rather than get to the truth on things, the builders and developers and good ol' boys got their council candidates elected and ousted him.
Retired 1SG

Belton, TX

#3 Jan 8, 2012
Realitor wrote:
I can help you with your problems, call me we will get your house on the market and you can be on your way to a better community. That is if you can find one which I doubt you can, cove is a great place to live!!!!
Keep up the good work city council and staff!!!
<quoted text>
Because I want this city to be like it used to be 25 years ago you and your buddy realtors and developers want me to move.
Good. I'll move. Buy my house. And wherever I move I will still come on here and blast you thieving bums.
From the Future

Belton, TX

#4 Jan 8, 2012
D.L. you are such an A$$. No one wants to read all of your crap. Always trying to stir something up. Get a life already.
JVC

Killeen, TX

#5 Jan 8, 2012
Retired 1SG wrote:
Maybe there are things you dont know about and maybe there are things you dont have a "Need to Know" about.
Realitor

Killeen, TX

#6 Jan 9, 2012
Concider it sold let me know when you are ready to go? We can close in less than 30 days from today.
Retired 1SG wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I want this city to be like it used to be 25 years ago you and your buddy realtors and developers want me to move.
Good. I'll move. Buy my house. And wherever I move I will still come on here and blast you thieving bums.
Kenn Smith

Killeen, TX

#7 Jan 10, 2012
Retired 1SG wrote:
Top, you're overlooking some key facts in your assertions. First, while it is true that Chief Baker has been here only three years he has worked in municipal fire protection/suppresion in Texas municipalites for many years and has been paying into the same retirement system wherever he has worked. He just happens to have reached the combination of age and service which allows him to take retirement.

Second, he has been selected for and offered a better paying job with the State Fire Marshal's office in Austin and has accepted the position. If you keep up with current events you know that Governor Perry is doing the exact same thing on a bigger scale - he's drawing $96,000 per year in retirement while also drawing full pay as governor. Were you offered the same opportunity I suspect that you would jump on it too.

Third, there was zero, zip, nada pressure put on Chief Baker to resign, retire or otherwise leave city employment. I know that for a fact.
Retired 1SG

Belton, TX

#8 Jan 10, 2012
Thank you Kenn.
Why couldn't the KDH put that in there??
Larry Hauk

Killeen, TX

#9 Jan 10, 2012
Retired 1SG wrote:
Thank you Kenn.
Why couldn't the KDH put that in there??
It was in the Leader-Press.
http://tinyurl.com/753pbpo
armyisdying

Waco, TX

#10 Jan 16, 2012
ahem realitor,

it is a fact and not a myth that cove is going downhill.granted,not nearly as bad as killeen.businesses going to harker heights and housing moving to cove for everyone is tired of killeen not using their money wisely.i was born at darnell and my last 8 years of education was in cove.i was seriously pissed that the people decided not to vote for changing the policy of pay for the fire fighters.it was shameful and i saw all kinds of misinformation being put out about civil service.pissed me off to no end i assure you.cove has its problems and is on a downward trend like killeen was 10 years ago.i will continue to buy duplexs here, but i on the other hand,will leave this place in five years and go live in a better area.explain this one to me.my wife saw a stray dog in our area and reported it to the pound.later in the day,the stray jumps our fence and rapes our dog.we were the ones who got the ticket for not having her on a chain.why do we need to chain our dog when we have a high chain link fence that is secure and locked?now lets move on.our neighbor moves out and we get stuck with a bill for to much trash along the curb.it wasnt even our trash!this is just the beginning but i am not going to say all on this website.end statement is,cant wait to get enough rental property in order to move away from here.period.
15lbs

Killeen, TX

#11 Jan 17, 2012
Retired 1SG wrote:
<quoted text>
Whaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I dont like change cause Im unable to adapt and thats why I constantly live in the past. Whaaaaaaa!!!
Retired 1SG

Belton, TX

#12 Jan 17, 2012
I see we have a new spammer - 15lbs of shit.
LOTTO QUEEN

Killeen, TX

#13 Jan 17, 2012
Retired 1SG wrote:
I see we have a new spammer - 15lbs of shit.
I DONT KNOW? SEEMS TO BE SOME BIT OF TRUTH TO THE STATMENT BASED ON YOUR FIRST POST.
Java

Killeen, TX

#14 Jan 18, 2012
Kenn Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Top, you're overlooking some key facts in your assertions. First, while it is true that Chief Baker has been here only three years he has worked in municipal fire protection/suppresion in Texas municipalites for many years and has been paying into the same retirement system wherever he has worked. He just happens to have reached the combination of age and service which allows him to take retirement.
Second, he has been selected for and offered a better paying job with the State Fire Marshal's office in Austin and has accepted the position. If you keep up with current events you know that Governor Perry is doing the exact same thing on a bigger scale - he's drawing $96,000 per year in retirement while also drawing full pay as governor. Were you offered the same opportunity I suspect that you would jump on it too.
Third, there was zero, zip, nada pressure put on Chief Baker to resign, retire or otherwise leave city employment. I know that for a fact.
you can believe all that if you want to.
Marty McFly

Waco, TX

#15 Jan 22, 2012
If you want to Cove to go back to the way it was 25 years ago I have something that might interest you.
sherrif

Waco, TX

#16 Jan 23, 2012
tick, tick
Peobles

Killeen, TX

#17 Jan 23, 2012
sherrif wrote:
tick, tick
Ok? I'll play your silly game.
ding dong
Missed

Frisco, TX

#18 Feb 6, 2012
Chief Baker, from my experience/exposure to him, had a great heart for quality of service to our citizens & for community involvement.
My family will miss him. Hope the next Chief has a heart for the community also.
cvedawng

Rowlett, TX

#19 Feb 28, 2012
Be interesting to see who the city manager hires to be the next Chief. Cove is need to go in house. Good people ready to step up in this role.

CCFD is bruised and battered from the recent failed election. Time for Cove to ralley behind CCFD!

Grew up in Cove and I don't anyone in the Fd just know that it's where my mom and dad live and I am a a professional firefighter and paramedic in Dallas..... come on Cove forget the election and move forward!
aux

Killeen, TX

#20 Mar 1, 2012
cvedawng wrote:
Be interesting to see who the city manager hires to be the next Chief. Cove is need to go in house. Good people ready to step up in this role.
CCFD is bruised and battered from the recent failed election. Time for Cove to ralley behind CCFD!
Grew up in Cove and I don't anyone in the Fd just know that it's where my mom and dad live and I am a a professional firefighter and paramedic in Dallas..... come on Cove forget the election and move forward!
you must not be familiar with cove Fd higher ups. None are qualified or even wanted

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Copperas Cove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rumsfeld: Obama made right move on bin Laden raid (May '11) Jun 26 Never Forget 20
Copperas Cove Texas Code Enforcement (Aug '10) Jun 22 ItIsWhatItIs 36
raymond dale litchfield (Feb '11) Jun 18 Wendy 57
Looking for tiny male dachshund to breed with m... Jun 16 Orscrubtech 2
Muslim Control you, stupid American Beasts, All... Jun 15 Major Nadal Hassan 3
News Gay student disciplined for wearing pro-LGBT sh... Jun 14 Major Nadal Hassan 26
Review: Assembly Of Prayer Christian Church (Sep '12) Jun 13 Whit 111

Copperas Cove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Copperas Cove Mortgages