Soldier killed by Texas police in SUV dragging

Full story: The Associated Press

Authorities say a Fort Hood soldier at the wheel of an SUV has been shot and killed by a Texas police officer who was being dragged along by the vehicle.

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 112 of112
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
smarter than most

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2009

Im glad the police officer is all right, I know how drunks get and what they will do to get away. I have been on both sides and if I was in the drivers side of the car I would have stopped. a night in jail is better than internally in hell.It sounds like to me some of our soldiers need to get closer to God and futher away from the bars.Job well done
CompassionateCon servative

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

That's just dumb... I read the officer was getting sued by the family? What the fuck? What is this world coming to?! People suing because their dumbass kid breaks the law, tries to kill someone! and gets killed for it?
It isn't right that a father of three is dead, don't get me wrong. The race card isn't an issue to me either because it's not about that. He shouldn't have been in that situation, though. Soldiers are supposed to earn that respect people give us. Not just by wearing the uniform, but by representing the army as a good organization. Smoking pot, and running from the cops don't do anything close to that!
logic

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Hellrider wrote:
I think that the cop shot him because he could get away with it.
Really after all the facts that are present before you, and thats the smartest thing you can come up with??? seriously some of you people need a GPS unit just to find you're head which is wedged up so far up you're ass you lose sight of common sense.
response

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

STEPHANIE B wrote:
i know yall muthafuckaz betta stop talking down on a person yall didnt know...Jarvis was a great person and he did not deserve to be shot PIGZ STILL HAVENT CHANGED..THAT OFFICER SHOULD BE DEAD AS WELL!!!!
<quoted text>
Well Steph and cheyn,

Both of you side like typical thugs. I deal with garbage the likes of you two on a daily basis. First thing the military needs to return to the standards of old, stop waiving felonies and letting pot smoking thugs in. Second most of the real soldier dont get in trouble like your dear departed friend. I served in the army and was an nco long before you two were around and garbage like the one who was shot (not naming him as he needs no more tears from the law abiding citizens). Cops have a hard enough job with out having to hear "Oh woes is me, I gotta run from the police because I'm not responsible enough to obey the law and not have drugs on me."

Cheyn if your still in the army you probably need to get chaptered out you obviously have a problem with authority. Steph you need to go back to school and lean to speak properly. Your obviously uneducated and cant obey the law yourself, I would guess you spend the most of your time smoking pot, crack or something of the like so your comments from the peanut gallery dont even count. And if you didnt break the law you wouldnt have any police contacts in the first place. Bottom line your "Friend" broke the law and met with serious consequences. There are no police policies that say "shoot the tires out" its shoot to stop the threat. In the real world thats how it works. And your ignorance of the police are corrupt is way off. We have families just like everyone else, we plan on going home every day after work and hope we dont have to take the life of anyone. We are not on the take as most of the thugs seem to think.

We pay our taxes, go to work and do our jobs. Its not fun, its work. Our tempers are tested daily by the thugs you call your friends and we take plenty of mouth with out any thought to retaliation. You might think differently if you had to do the job we do everyday. Instead thugs decide to violate the law, smoke dope collect public assistance and expect that everyone take care of them and their children with out any contribution to society. So grow up learn responsibility and take responsibility for your actions. We are held accountable for our actions and in the event we have an in the line of duty shooting we have to go before a grand jury of our peers and they decide if there was any wrong doing.

Your generation has had it way too easy and had no accountability for your actions. Steph maybe one day you'll call the police and that help wont come running, wouldnt that be too bad. Your statement that the officer should be dead is ignorant as are you. Because your friend was an idiot and ran from the police was not the reason he was shot. He was shot because he attempted to injure or kill the officer who was doing his job enforcing the law. He made a choice and that was the result.

Stephanie B maybe one day that officer would have to respond to an emergency that you had and you would think differently. I'm not gonna waste anymore time on this issue as you Stephanie B and your friends obviously do not have the intelligence to understand. My advice is get an education, a job and some responsibility and be a productive part of society.

“You are your worse enemy”

Since: Mar 08

Baltimore, Maryland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

You know I feel sorry for the family of the police officer that is getting sued for doing his job. Nothing about this is good. It is sad to loose someone. Yet he disobeyed the law. He was told to not move. He ran. In the process of pursuit the man tryied getting away in his pov. While being drug from the car the officer had a choice. Let this man go and risk the lives of innocent people or take the shot and protect the street. Well as this officer gets sued for doing his job. Laws will be created that will tie the officers hands when it comes your turn to be saved. People the police officer did his job. Sad that the soldier could do his job. Core Values L.D.R.S.H.I.P. These letters represent a standard that the young man did not follow. So to the police officer and his family. I am sorry that you have to deal with this and I hope that none of this effects your career. For the soldiers family you should be disgusted with your son and or husband because all he had to do was listen to the cops. Even if he didn't like it he could still have made a fomal complaint against the officer that monday. I hope soldiers understand that they are still people just putting on a different uniform than everyone else.
LMAO

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2009

Hey Step B you sound like you were born with some DNA missing. Shut up!
Retired CPO

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2009

response wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Steph and cheyn,
Both of you side like typical thugs. I deal with garbage the likes of you two on a daily basis. First thing the military needs to return to the standards of old, stop waiving felonies and letting pot smoking thugs in. Second most of the real soldier dont get in trouble like your dear departed friend. I served in the army and was an nco long before you two were around and garbage like the one who was shot (not naming him as he needs no more tears from the law abiding citizens). Cops have a hard enough job with out having to hear "Oh woes is me, I gotta run from the police because I'm not responsible enough to obey the law and not have drugs on me."
Cheyn if your still in the army you probably need to get chaptered out you obviously have a problem with authority. Steph you need to go back to school and lean to speak properly. Your obviously uneducated and cant obey the law yourself, I would guess you spend the most of your time smoking pot, crack or something of the like so your comments from the peanut gallery dont even count. And if you didnt break the law you wouldnt have any police contacts in the first place. Bottom line your "Friend" broke the law and met with serious consequences. There are no police policies that say "shoot the tires out" its shoot to stop the threat. In the real world thats how it works. And your ignorance of the police are corrupt is way off. We have families just like everyone else, we plan on going home every day after work and hope we dont have to take the life of anyone. We are not on the take as most of the thugs seem to think.
We pay our taxes, go to work and do our jobs. Its not fun, its work. Our tempers are tested daily by the thugs you call your friends and we take plenty of mouth with out any thought to retaliation. You might think differently if you had to do the job we do everyday. Instead thugs decide to violate the law, smoke dope collect public assistance and expect that everyone take care of them and their children with out any contribution to society. So grow up learn responsibility and take responsibility for your actions. We are held accountable for our actions and in the event we have an in the line of duty shooting we have to go before a grand jury of our peers and they decide if there was any wrong doing.
Your generation has had it way too easy and had no accountability for your actions. Steph maybe one day you'll call the police and that help wont come running, wouldnt that be too bad. Your statement that the officer should be dead is ignorant as are you. Because your friend was an idiot and ran from the police was not the reason he was shot. He was shot because he attempted to injure or kill the officer who was doing his job enforcing the law. He made a choice and that was the result.
Stephanie B maybe one day that officer would have to respond to an emergency that you had and you would think differently. I'm not gonna waste anymore time on this issue as you Stephanie B and your friends obviously do not have the intelligence to understand. My advice is get an education, a job and some responsibility and be a productive part of society.
Well said...

Since: Oct 09

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

I wasn't there and don't know anyone who was there. I suspect I won't even be on any jury that hears the evidence presented on this incident.

I'll just have to wait until the media reports on the civil trial, and I'm perfectly content with waiting until then. We'll see what we see when we see it.

I suspect there's all sorts of evidence that hasn't been presented in this forum.
mrgottie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

undisclosed wrote:
<quoted text>
He had every right to shot him he was being dragged at a high rate of speed. A suv is a weapon
who ever u are u is a stupid person thats my cuzen and u dont know what u talking bout
Catherne Galloway

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

First of all NCO, if you were any kind of leader but commenting you would have all the fact, not just what you read or heard from the media. The soldier was not in the parking lot where the officer was chasing lil hood and the chase came into the parking lot where the soldier had place his car in drive and lil hood jump into his windown and the office grab hold of him. If the officer story is true, picture it lil hood weight half way out the window the officer weight pulling on him, they both would have falling to ground not dragged, there is nothing in a car you could get a good grip that would allow two over 100lbs a piece to hold while supposingly being dragged. NCO know the facts before commenting let alone judging...
Catherne Galloway

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Its SAD that you can speak on something you do know of, do you have all the facts, did you know this soldier, how do you assume he did not do his job. You feel sad for the officer family, funny, tell me how did he get drag, was he after the driver, what was his reason for being near the drivers vehicle, Oh you dont know, the driver was not the person he was after that he chase from another parking lot into the one the driver was in, how do you justify his shooting of someone who he was not pursuiting.
Al Kabam

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Catherine Galloway, you're an idiot. The physics of how this happened has been explained many times. And yes the officer was chasing "lil hood" originally and the now deceased person decided to take part in the attempted evasion, which put the officers life in jeopardy. The officer used his free hand to stop that threat to his life the best he could. Problem solved. Problem staying solved. Rangers lead the way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 112 of112
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Copperas Cove Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Copperas Cove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance