Review: Crafters Corner
CoryellCountyRes ident

Stephenville, TX

#1 Jul 9, 2012
Buyer beware of anything in this store packaged as "new", on-sale with over 50% discount off the marked price. Bought a 6 pc. queen-size "Royal Comfort 1000 Egyptian Cotton" set for $45.00. Washed it before putting it on the bed and the first thing to go was the flimsy elastic cord in the fitted sheet. Finally checked the sewn in tag on the sheet which stated: 100% microfiber, made in Pakistan. Took the sheet set back and had quite a time of trying to get my money back. Was told several times that I could only get "exchanges in kind" because the concessionaire get paid by check from the store and surely the concessionaire did not know that the items packed was not Egyptian cotton but microfiber. I insisted on having the $45.00 reversed to my credit card because I strongly felt that this is "false advertising" because the label states one thing but the contents is a man-made fiber (these microfiber sheet sets sell wholesale as $11.00 per set on the internet.....). Grudgingly the $45.00 to incl. the tax was reversed to the charge card and at the same time I was told that I was "no longer a welcome customer to the Crafters Cotttage". This is fine with me for I no longer will voluntarily set my foot in this store nor would I recommend shopping there to anyone with such a friendly customer-oriented salesperson in charge there.
charlie youngs

Belton, TX

#2 Jul 9, 2012
CoryellCountyResident wrote:
Buyer beware of anything in this store packaged as "new", on-sale with over 50% discount off the marked price. Bought a 6 pc. queen-size "Royal Comfort 1000 Egyptian Cotton" set for $45.00. Washed it before putting it on the bed and the first thing to go was the flimsy elastic cord in the fitted sheet. Finally checked the sewn in tag on the sheet which stated: 100% microfiber, made in Pakistan. Took the sheet set back and had quite a time of trying to get my money back. Was told several times that I could only get "exchanges in kind" because the concessionaire get paid by check from the store and surely the concessionaire did not know that the items packed was not Egyptian cotton but microfiber. I insisted on having the $45.00 reversed to my credit card because I strongly felt that this is "false advertising" because the label states one thing but the contents is a man-made fiber (these microfiber sheet sets sell wholesale as $11.00 per set on the internet.....). Grudgingly the $45.00 to incl. the tax was reversed to the charge card and at the same time I was told that I was "no longer a welcome customer to the Crafters Cotttage". This is fine with me for I no longer will voluntarily set my foot in this store nor would I recommend shopping there to anyone with such a friendly customer-oriented salesperson in charge there.
WOW:

Great post.

Buy America!!!!!!

Charlie Youngs
really

United States

#3 Jul 9, 2012
Do you have that attitude at garage sales? Crafter's Corner is not like any retail store. Each booth is rented by different people. Maybe the person selling it had bought it new and for whatever reason decided they didn't need it. They might just have been completely unaware of what would happen. I bet someone as perfect as yourself has never done that, right. I am sure the so called salesperson at the store have little if any control over what is sold in each booth. Good luck buying only American made, as that seems to be rare these days.
Info

Haslet, TX

#4 Nov 10, 2013
The shop is closed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Copperas Cove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old Hospital, Ft. Hood (Nov '11) Thu SmokinJoe 7
1 st Armored Division (May '09) May 19 Jim storck 45
Fake a## h%e (Nov '11) May 19 Kano 2
News Middle school closing its doors after 54 years ... (Jun '09) May 15 Beth K 4
Darnall Army Hospital (Apr '10) May 14 Bernice Coleman 18
News Mike Pearce, An Outstanding Teacher brings hist... (May '07) May 10 Thank you 23
Review: Armadillo Properties (Jan '09) May 8 Ashely 75

Copperas Cove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Copperas Cove Mortgages